Should we have left the EU?

John S

Luck has a lot to do with it! My fridge is 60 years old

And thinking about it we had a twin tub (hardly quality there) that my mum had for 30 years and we had for 10 and passed it on to my daughter who had it until she could afford a new washing machine

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 minutes ago, leedafeeder said:

My Miele washing machine is 22 years old

My Loewe Individual is eight years old. No problems so far 

You were the hypocrite wibbling on about how we should all be buying British. Hypocrite. Do as I say not as I do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

1 minute ago, chesters1 said:

Luck has a lot to do with it! My fridge is 60 years old

When I had my wee flat in France the mother in law gave me the fridge freezer she got as a wedding present. My daughter only threw it out a year or two ago. It was more than 50 years old. It was a Frigidaire. I don't know where it was made.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Ours is a prestcold ,i can hear it throbbing away as i type ,the rubber motor mounts long went hard so the motor rests on a mouse mat so the vibration is a bit noisy but you aint going to find those mounts on ebay lol

When we moved here 20 years ago i needed to fit a longer mains lead ,every single wire in it was bare the insulation had crumbled away so i had to rewire everything its a wonder we are still alive!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, leedafeeder said:

Yes but things made years ago always lasted years and years.

Your Chinese goods won't last 6 years,let alone 20.

Most companies don't make things like they used to.

You are just an old phoney. I don't need to listen to any more of your old crap. My seven quid from ASDA Chinese toaster has been going strong for for at least six years.

But if they lasted for years and years where are they? I can appreciate  fashion comes into play but it doesnt account for rarety and yes chinese ,malasian whatever wont last its no longer commercial sense to build pride into throw away products ,maybe thats why prestcold folded their stuff didnt break down after 5 years so sales of new ones never occurred.

The problem isnt mechanics its electronics just using decent capacitors makes a big difference but the few pence on each adds up in this competitive world, crude things last longer as theres less to fail.

I just bought a new toaster a long slot ,its shite ! The old one came back indoors lol

Thats 20 years old whats to go wrong in a toaster ,bit of wire a thermal switch and a couple of springs ,its failing time is how thick the heating wire is

The longslot had a 3 year warranty unusual today in a cheap item it lasted 1 second when my sourdough slice didnt go all the way down and two crumpets didnt spring all the way back up! You cant see that before you buy even in a "quality" item ,the advertising skips round the bad bits

As to your dualit toaster it looks like mine but for the price of £114 i should hope it lasts 200 years ,mine cost 14 and still going strong after 20 and prices today have dropped on white goods in comparison if yours cost 114 and lasted even 20 years i would be quids in even buying 5 toasters and i can choose a modern one wheras the old one remains old

Edited by chesters1