Should we have left the EU?

John S

I dont know thats a good place for a tunnel saves a lot of driving ,reminds me of a fishing trip on the south coast (well i can remember the bloody name though) we went to the wrong side ,to get to the other side of the river was a long drive (we were on bikes his a rattly arial 350 me a zundapp and sidecar) but half way back there was a footbridge so he flew across that and i did until there was a bit to stop cyclists zooming across ,i had forgot the sidecar but the thought of several miles in the rain allowed me to rest the sidecar wheel on the bridge railing and pushing gor the lot across ,never caught a ****ing thing but lying on a 10ft inflatable looking at a sky so full of stars memorable after the c!ouds lifted ! Iwish i had gerty back she was sold for its number plate ?

Littlehampton that was it fnar!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Why would people care? I dont understand ? Who cared when we joined and hundreds of thousands of cheap labour put decent folk on the dole or thousands of miners were put outbof work importing cheap european coal ,you really need to stand back at get away from your bias and see reality

Dont mention the jobs lost sending meat from here to filthy polish or romanian meat processers to save a few quid and potentially kill people ,theres always two sides to a story not just yours!

Do yourself a favour google for how many british companies have folded since 1974 and a great number will be directly destroyed by being undercut by companies using the cheap labour already being used by europe before we joined ,i know a strawberry farm that went bankrupt as soon as we joined most was being undercut a lot was the british disease our other little problem unfortunately they believed the lies being told of the benifits of free trade ,they found out to their cost ,now its 80 acres of scrub owned by an african gangster

Have I mentioned the 66% fall in Dairy Farms between 1995 and 2017, cannot remember when quotas were introduced by the EU and then suddenly dumped, cannot remember when the EU decided that the U.K. ‘needed’ to help out the Netherlands by importing milk.

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I think you did but facts dont get past his blinkers ,if its not anti tory it just doesnt get through.

It would be interesting to know exactly how much tax from EU based companies (and EU based workers ) actually goes to the government and how much "incentives" the government bung them everytime they threaten to leave.

I think "made in britain" nowadays is mostly the brats made by immigrants knowing if they dont pay the rent after the first month  and get kicked out a year later the council is forced to take care of them ! The only thing i have seen with the equivilent of made in britain is eggs ,hopefully theyre not imported and rebadged .

I remember an old jewish guy (complete with number!) Used to buy boxes of eggs from the local market ,take them home put the trays on the lawn and sprinkle a dustpan of sweepings from his handfull of chickens on them and sell them as free range lol interesting old guy i find it strange he drove a merk the germans were animals to them he lost his new wife the first day at auswitch (sp?) Never moaned unlike others today who whine their hard done by because their telly is to small or their play station isnt the latest ! Long dead now ofcourse but like the old guy who was a bomber pilot took the bad bits of their life with a shrug and got on with it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

North Yorkshire lost 89 farms, the highest total of any county, while Berkshire saw the greatest rate of decline with a third of farms closing.

Googled it and this sprung up Chesters covering 2013 through 2016. Probably ok because all those people who lost their jobs could have found gainful employment at Whitby Seafoods producing their famous Whitby Scampi. By EU rules they are allowed to Mark that product as “Origin; Whitby U.K.”

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Brexit fool of the week .

And just a quick reminder in the last 10 years our national debt has doubled under the conservative from 1.2 trillion  to just short of 2.5 trillion £5170 per second !!!! average debt £39,000 per person in th U.K. 

https://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Perhaps it was because the previous government had huge debts due to pfi and left the government bankrupt?

Remember the note

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/09/liam-byrne-apology-letter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election

But what has this to do with brexit ? Corona is bankrupting the country at the moment

If you think the government is spending to much what would you stop? The furlough program? What about getting rid of universal credits? Close down or flog the NHS? What about bringing back the auto increase for fuel ? Higher taxes? Lower tax thresholds ? Banning red diesel? How would you run the country?

I would get rid of the cross country rail line but at the cost of all those jobs and close the borders stopping foreigners working here which creates  openings for our workers .

In a perfect world the borders would have turnstiles that only go out ,you leave you stay out ,unfortunately i am not in charge .And foreign aid will be a thing of the past!

Come on cod tell us how to run the country you obviously have far more experience in such things than us

Edited by chesters1

4 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Perhaps it was because the previous government had huge debts due to pfi and left the government bankrupt?

Remember the note

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/09/liam-byrne-apology-letter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election

But what has this to do with brexit ? Corona is bankrupting the country at the moment

If you think the government is spending to much what would you stop? The furlough program? What about getting rid of universal credits? Close down or flog the NHS? What about bringing back the auto increase for fuel ? Higher taxes? Lower tax thresholds ? Banning red diesel? How would you run the country?

I would get rid of the cross country rail line but at the cost of all those jobs and close the borders stopping foreigners working here which creates  openings for our workers .

In a perfect world the borders would have turnstiles that only go out ,you leave you stay out ,unfortunately i am not in charge .And foreign aid will be a thing of the past!

Come on cod tell us how to run the country you obviously have far more experience in such things than us

Sorry I aren’t an expert in economics and neither are you , I prefer to stick to experts and this lot who have been in power for over 10 years certainly are not .Now talk about debt labour had the banking crisis and the Tory’s  had self inflicted Austerity strangling the economy and of course covid 19 , plus  record giveaways to there friends masses of taxpayers money thrown around .

But National debt now thats the daddy a whopping £2.5 trillion pounds doubled under this Tory government since labour were in power now thats some serious cash .And now brexit to cope with as well as disaster in the making for the U.K. by the conservatives,  a double whammy for the U.K. economy now who is going to pay it all back that’s the interesting bit BBl fraud billions of pounds of it .There is one thing for sure it won’t be those slimy wealthy ***** who bankrolled brexit no it won’t be them it will be the man in street who was sold a white elephant..Our economy will be deflated for years with brexit it’s an utter disaster damage limitation constantly businesses in despair it’s horrendous and there is no shame !!! But the worms will turn as god made little apples.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

So what you are saying you welcome brexit but hope theres cheap fags at the end of it?

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

So what you are saying you welcome brexit but hope theres cheap fags at the end of it?

No cheap wine , prefer a good red but on a more serious note brexit is a disaster in money, travel ,work,business ,  etc etc etc the only good thing with brexit is the Union Jack t-shirt but if they are anything like brexit they will shrink in the wash very badly  .?

image.thumb.png.30786f474ffaef0b2cbe0dceb398caa6.png

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

So your saying your missing spanish onions ?