Should we have left the EU?

John S

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

A lot of the foreign lorries go back empty, before they used to go back with a load.

Easy reply for someone with a memory...

Cabotage.

No EU membership, no foreign vehicles carrying out haulage operations in U.K. exempt road tax, exempt Operators License, exempt U.K. minimum wage, cheaper fuel.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

You are wasting your time Paul. These pricks will never admit that they could be wrong.

I think I’ve covered this in earlier replies.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

A lot of the foreign lorries go back empty, before they used to go back with a load.

Why do you think thats so? We are not stopping them going out so who is stopping them ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Paul,

May I ask an honest question? How has "Brexshit" affected you personally, are you having to do without anything since we have left the EU, do you have any less money in your pocket, are there products or services that you can no longer access?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

14 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Why do you think thats so? We are not stopping them going out so who is stopping them ?

I don't think it is so. I know it is so.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

7 hours ago, corydoras said:

I don't think it is so. I know it is so.

You avoided the important question

PS if you haven't been inspecting every exiting lorry for yourself you dont know anything ,you have gullibly excepted someone else telling you it with no way of knowing if its fact!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

So been down on the fish market this morning and what we hear is shocking  to say the least .One lad just back from Peterhead said they now have zero cod quota because of the new brexit agreement and very sadly on there last haul yesterday had to dump 90 boxes of prime cod dead no quota due to Boris Johnson’s brexit deal . What’s worse is that french boats now have more cod quota fishing right next to them no problem now with tons of of extra cod quota with the brexit deal .I cannot print what these fishermen said about Boris Johnson and the tory government . it’s the way they have been lied to all the way down to the wire which upsets them never ever  again is there words .Boats tied up practically the whole U.K. fleet is moored against the harbour walls it’s shocking to find you can be so much worse off with brexit than  before brexit .so many business in th U.K. have had there pants down with brexit a con trick to get to vote fimir something which is destroying people’s lives and businesses.

And here wr have leading brexshiteer John Reed in the house in 2015 telling everyone business will have a wonderful time with brexit how shocking are his words now he wants locking up .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Dump prime cod rather than distribute to the poor and elderly ,some people they are!

Lots of spats going on in the EU over fishing it seems.

Irish fishermen have been offered monies by EU for financial assistance to offset their loss in catch due to Brexit.

France says Ireland is getting too much and wants a proportion of the Irish money to go to French fishermen who are losing more money because they are more badly affected by loss in quota.

Denmark say their fleet is the worst hit so want some of the French money!

Reports here say the U.K. fleet is down on quota due to Brexit.

Surely they can’t all be right unless perhaps something else is affecting the industry as a whole?

If every Country is reporting a loss of catch then presumably at least the fish ain’t complaining.

All this talk and bullshit over the last, near on, three months and yet the 2021 quota was only agreed three days ago. Interesting enough the first time the U.K. has had a seat at the table in its own right, exercising its rights as an independent coastal state.

UK Government Minister for Scotland David Duguid said:

For the first time in decades we have concluded our first trilateral negotiations with the EU and Norway as an independent coastal state.

The outcome represents an increase in the total allowable catch of certain key stocks for Scotland – such as Haddock and Whiting.

Agreements have also been made which safeguard the long-term viability of some other key stocks such as cod.

We remain committed to supporting the industry and being a champion for our coastal communities on the world stage.

Of the stocks jointly-managed with the EU and Norway, five out of six have been set in line with or lower than the catch level advised by ICES, the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea. This results in catch reductions for North Sea cod (-10%), plaice (-2%), saithe (-25%) and herring (-7.4%) compared with 2020, but increases in haddock (+20%) and whiting (+19%).

The agreed catch limit for haddock is well within the sustainable limits advised by the scientific body ICES. This will encourage the recovery of other key stocks in the North Sea mixed fishery.

North Sea cod will be subject to a slightly smaller reduction than the -16.5% recommended by ICES. The three parties supported this approach as it would allow the stock to recover at a similar pace to that set out in the scientific advice. Furthermore, the catch limit is accompanied by the UK’s ongoing cod avoidance plan which applies to all vessels in UK waters. The plan establishes measures to support the long-term recovery of the stock in UK waters, these include ‘real-time closures’ to protect high abundances of cod and selective fishing gear.

The UK Government has worked closely throughout the negotiations with the Scottish Government and other administrations to reach this consensus.

This trilateral agreement marks the conclusion of the first in a series of annual fisheries negotiations. Bilateral negotiations are underway with the EU, Faroes Islands and Norway to confirm access arrangements and quota exchanges, where applicable.

8 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Dump prime cod rather than distribute to the poor and elderly ,some people they are!

Oh dear Chester’s you really do not understand how it works , do you know how much they would have been fined coming into Port with boxes and boxes of unquoted cod , £1000s and £1000s of pounds the book would have been thrown at them there feet wouldn’t have touched the ground . Fish prices are rock bottom with brexit it’s a disaster in the  making for  U.K. fishermen ,but really bring in it and give it away ? it’s illegal  every single fish has to be weighed onboard before being   entered into a log book those are the rules and if you do not  do exactly that you are breaking the law , there are no prisoners just massive fines with any irregularities with catches entered into the log book.And if you go over quota  it’s not even worth thinking about .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg