Should we have left the EU?

John S

3 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Cartel UK

Whos been busy googling

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

I don’t buy anything from China crap rubbish utter rubbish

The device you used to create this post is likely made in China or has components made in China.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Whos been busy googling

I am a duckduckgo  kind of person myself. They use it at work, specifically the slow setting gel that gives you a few seconds to play with before it goes off. 

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

But is it made in the UK or imported into the UK from their branch in a place called Asia? ,never found a use other than sticking fingers together for superglue but it has its uses building up holes in plastic with baking soda ,i have a little kit with what i presume is coloured (black and grey) baking soda for a job in mind but as a glue never found it any good .for just sticking i use UV glue but it isnt perfect ,i have found the UV conformal coating extremely useful  though waterproofing pcbs etc

As for duckduckgo i am not in china and my privacy is relatively good lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

When your discussing where something is made its a moot point ,if cods nissans are made of parts from outside the uk then the cars are merely assembled in the uk ,as you say long gone are british made electrical components (probably there are some speciality components like coils etc) but those proudly flagged tv's of the past were just bolted together here from far eastern or german parts . Few electrical things are made here anymore competition forces it to to go to places where materials factories and staff are cheap just to exist ,its come to light a certain American metal detector maker who proudly boasts made in the USA has been importing most of the things from the Philippines and we have some pans labelled proudly designed in the US and made in Thailand (as if 'designing' a pan is difficult or unique ) to try and pretend its American lol

If a rod is made from an imported blank its foreign thus essembled here unlike the past where raw bamboo came in and then was turned into a blank.

Edited by chesters1

But is it made in the UK or imported into the UK from their branch in a place called Asia? ,never found a use other than sticking fingers together for superglue but it has its uses building up holes in plastic with baking soda ,i have a little kit with what i presume is coloured (black and grey) baking soda for a job in mind but as a glue never found it any good 

Cartell are in Corby, but I think the product is made in Taiwan, not China.

There are many different types of superglue, from thick slow setting gels to ultra low viscosity fluids for capillary action type very rapid setting application. You need to use the right on for the job. Another think is that preparation is essential. It does not like oil and grease.

Not all surfaces and materials are suitable for superglue. They use it at work for bonding polycarbonate to polycarbonate and they use a two pack CA for gluing some plastic to metals.

Don't use baking soda. Used pure sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda has other crap in it. Backing soda + graphite powder + superglue will set, very rapidly to make very hard black resin

When your discussing where something is made its a moot point ,if cods nissans are made of parts from outside the uk then the cars are merely assembled in the uk ,as you say long gone are british made electrical components (probably there are some speciality components like coils etc) but those proudly flagged tv's of the past were just bolted together here from far eastern or german parts . Few electrical things are made here anymore competition forces it to to go to places where materials factories and staff are cheap just to exist ,its come to light a certain American metal detector maker who proudly boasts made in the USA has been importing most of the things from the Philippines and we have some pans labelled proudly designed in the US and made in Thailand (as if 'designing' a pan is difficult or unique ) to try and pretend its American lol

It is called Rules of Origin. Another thing potentially buggered by Brexit.

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/roi_e/roi_info_e.htm#:~:text=Rules of origin are the,to the rules of origin.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rules-of-origin-for-goods-moving-between-the-uk-and-eu

But hey, you guys know best. You are the experts on international trade.

Edited by corydoras

Thats probably what the kit is ,hopefully i remember the specific job i bought it for before the glue goes hard (age you know) never had any luck with the stuff even using accelerator ,thick thin gel or goop! Fingers fine fixing nada! The stuff sold for fixing plastic plumbing is ok but as you say plastic comes in many forms

10 minutes ago, corydoras said:

It is called Rules of Origin. Another thing potentially buggered by Brexit.

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/roi_e/roi_info_e.htm#:~:text=Rules of origin are the,to the rules of origin.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rules-of-origin-for-goods-moving-between-the-uk-and-eu

But hey, you guys know best. You are the experts on international trade.

Another moot point as i mentioned before nissan uk doesnt sell cars from their plants they are exported "to be finished" (avoiding uk taxes on cars) then reimported as finished cars from switzerland? And their lower tax system ,i once posted a link to a report exposing this but lost now ,i have no doubt its widespread  to get round paying taxes i wonder how much tax the UK actually get from foreign owned companies here? Whilst rules of origin are a bit vague in the WTO i bet the EU enforce them with zeal to stymie 3rd country competition ,they like their level playing field when they decide whats level!

Edited by chesters1

Thats probably what the kit is ,hopefully i remember the specific job i bought it for before the glue goes hard (age you know) never had any luck with the stuff even using accelerator ,thick thin gel or goop! Fingers fine fixing nada! The stuff sold for fixing plastic plumbing is ok but as you say plastic comes in many forms

The PVC plumbing cement is or at least used to be butanone based. It is not really a glue, it is a solvent that "welds" the joint.

When I was at sea we used to keep CA in the fridge. It does not like heat.

Edited by corydoras