Should we have left the EU?

John S

7 hours ago, corydoras said:

Go ahead, rebut at will.

17 hours ago, corydoras said:

I'll get over it as quick as you feckers got over us joining, got it?

You make an assumption that “we” have similar hang ups to the U.K. originally joining the EEC as you obviously exhibit for the U.K. leaving.

I don’t use the term EU simply because “We” never joined the EU, the EEC morphed into the EU without the comment, opinion and choice of the population.

I am not the only person on here who has persistently stated that I am more concerned with what the EU will become than what the EEC (EU) was in the past, with particular regard to its continued expansion into former Soviet Bloc Countries and its expansion wishes into Africa to go toe to toe with China.

Similar words to another on here who has afforded himself the right to decide individual’s reasons for voting leave.

My reasons for voting leave have been recorded on here in the past, I do not share those reasons with ‘everybody’ who voted leave, it was my opinion.

You and others are entitled to their own opinion on why the U.K. should have remained, in a Democratic system the opinion of a majority is and always should be the trump card. 

That’s what happened, there was a referendum that should have been conducted before John (I like peas) Major signed us deeper in, and without any or even the slightest doubt, the population of the U.K. who were, and now are again, free to choose who rules over them and the ultimate court with jurisdiction of that authority. Tony BLiar, despite commitments to hold a referendum signed the Lisbon Treaty because it was ‘just a piece of paper’

Somewhere amongst that are the reasons I voted leave, as did a majority of people, we have left, move on.

Final point, if we are to assume you refer to people who voted against joining the EEU, the only people who could have held regret for that time period, they are not “You Feckers” simply because the majority are now statistically dead.

Hold on to your wild card, you can play it soon perhaps, Scotland will leave the U.K. and then join the EU as a full member quite quickly, you can obviously return to your land of birth and live happily ever after. Please tell me if you see this as your future because I have five magic beans to sell and they will be a good investment for you.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Keep your ****ing beans we dont need 50 foot high illegal immigrants thank you very much.its bad enough the borders are wide open at sea level without having to keep an eye on clouds and rampant legumes !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 5/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, big_cod said:

World war three looms  with brexit betray just what lies  are the brexit press going to fib to there readers now .The net is closing in on the brexit disaster  that  has swept through the U.K. fishing industry orchestrated by Boris Johnson .      

Anger now raging at Boris Johnson government with the utter and shameful betrayal  of UK fishermen with brexit ,is this what the public voted for !!!!

The failure to reach a deal means fish and chip shops will be selling Arctic cod imported from Norway rather than landed in Britain, UK Fisheries said.

Meanwhile, Conservative Party staff have been told they have one week to hand over all communication related to renovations of Boris Johnson’s flat in 11 Downing Street or face criminal consequences, according to reports.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-flat-brexit-b1840611.html

Speaking of Boris's flat:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/26/len-mccluskey-repays-400000-unite-put-towards-his-flat

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And the millions lost to UK fishermen because of brexit just keep piling up . Lockers trawlers averaged £300,000 per landing for a trip and have lost 17 trips to date and counting since brexit day in January due to brexit quota giveaway by Boris Johnson to foreign boats . It’s running into 100s of millions of pounds lost U.K. wide. A national protest on the Thames  is planned to get full media attention into the brexit failures by Boris Johnson government.

Uk fisherman says 'crews will be worse off in 2021 than before they left the EU'

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Round and round the troll goes

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Round and round the troll goes

Brexsick Bankruptcy and bankruptcy and bankruptcy .

Latest official trade figures down 18% with the EU rest of world increase 0.4% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

And the millions lost to UK fishermen because of brexit just keep piling up . Lockers trawlers averaged £300,000 per landing for a trip and have lost 17 trips to date and counting since brexit day in January due to brexit quota giveaway by Boris Johnson to foreign boats . It’s running into 100s of millions of pounds lost U.K. wide. A national protest on the Thames  is planned to get full media attention into the brexit failures by Boris Johnson government.

Uk fisherman says 'crews will be worse off in 2021 than before they left the EU'

No more gravy train to ride.

How much of our taxpayers' money did you panhandle through EU schemes to refit your boat, Paul?

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

13 hours ago, Ken L said:

No more gravy train to ride.

How much of our taxpayers' money did you panhandle through EU schemes to refit your boat, Paul?

Not a single penny Ken no grants for me as I am a charter boat in the leisure industry  and don’t have fishing numbers so never entitled to European grants .Now take a commercial registered fishing boat who land and sell whitefish and shellfish were all eligible for EU grants to support the U.K. fishing and farming industry .

Those grants have now gone will Whitehall replace them now you are having a laugh , farmers ,fishermen who supply food to feed the population got grants for  safety equipment , fishing gear etc  that’s all stopped and boy are there going to regret it , but the penny has already dropped how stupid they have been voting brexit .But  when you have the biggest liar and  conman  along with the press in history running the country it’s easy done.The U.K. fishing industry is on the  brink of total collapse now who would have thought !!

All the sea defence projects round the U.K. constructed with European money gone !! those idiots here can’t even repair Pot  holes in the road , millions and millions of pounds gone into regeneration of areas all EU money  would it have come Whitehall never ,the reality is well and truly here as the saying goes you made your bed and now you have to  lye in it .

Ken has Brexit actually  missed  shafting one single business I don’t think so .If brexit isn’t a home goal I don’t what is  this says it all .

British silversmiths are being frustrated over trying to sell silver and gold into the European Union after the Brexit trade deal failed to recognise the UK’s centuries-old hallmarks.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

Not a single penny Ken no grants for me as I am a charter boat in the leisure industry  and don’t have fishing numbers so never entitled to European grants .Now take a commercial registered fishing boat who land and sell whitefish and shellfish were all eligible for EU grants to support the U.K. fishing and farming industry .

Those grants have now gone will Whitehall replace them now you are having a laugh , farmers ,fishermen who supply food to feed the population got grants for  safety equipment , fishing gear etc  that’s all stopped and boy are there going to regret it , but the penny has already dropped how stupid they have been voting brexit .But  when you have the biggest liar and  conman  along with the press in history running the country it’s easy done.The U.K. fishing industry is on the  brink of total collapse now who would have thought !!

All the sea defence projects round the U.K. constructed with European money gone !! those idiots here can’t even repair Pot  holes in the road , millions and millions of pounds gone into regeneration of areas all EU money  would it have come Whitehall never ,the reality is well and truly here as the saying goes you made your bed and now you have to  lye in it .

Ken has Brexit actually  missed  shafting one single business I don’t think so .If brexit isn’t a home goal I don’t what is  this says it all .

British silversmiths are being frustrated over trying to sell silver and gold into the European Union after the Brexit trade deal failed to recognise the UK’s centuries-old hallmarks.

Fair enough. I know you've mentioned the grants available to fishing craft in the past and assumed hat you'd meant that they came to you as well.

And yet, despite no grants and all your moaning about fuel prices, your enthusiasm for the EU didn't even waver when their  Energy Taxation Directive came out, which states that fuel used in private pleasure craft for propulsion must be charged at the full duty rate.

The UK government was after all only forced to remove the option of private pleasure craft to use red diesel for propulsion and require them to use white diesel because the other options available have been ruled illegal by the CJEU.

Or are you still using red diesel?

42 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Fair enough. I know you've mentioned the grants available to fishing craft in the past and assumed hat you'd meant that they came to you as well.

And yet, despite no grants and all your moaning about fuel prices, your enthusiasm for the EU didn't even waver when their  Energy Taxation Directive came out, which states that fuel used in private pleasure craft for propulsion must be charged at the full duty rate.

The UK government was after all only forced to remove the option of private pleasure craft to use red diesel for propulsion and require them to use white diesel because the other options available have been ruled illegal by the CJEU.

Or are you still using red diesel?

As a commercial craft I use red diesel gas oil .

As for fuel prices yes they are rocketing adding significant costs to your business , which unfortunately many who aren’t in business do not understand .

I think this should answer your question Ken .

In the Spring 2021 budget HM Treasury confirmed that following public consultation it had been decided that recreational boaters' entitlement to use red diesel would continue beyond April 2022 in Great Britain.

However, in Northern Ireland, recreational boaters will no longer be able to use red diesel for propelling their craft. This is to ensure the UK meets its international obligations under the Northern Ireland Protocol of the Withdrawal Agreement. It will also align with fuel used by private pleasure craft in the Republic of Ireland, which the Government believes will make it simpler for private pleasure craft users to access the fuel they need if they sail between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (and vice versa).

https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/current-affairs/Pages/red-diesel.aspx

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg