Should we have left the EU?

John S

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Talk about YouTube pundits don’t talk so stupid , first hand £1 million a month loss since brexit day is that some you tube brexit pundit !!!! The  brexit Brian  dead on hear is worse than  the brexit lies your beyond help .

Trade deals  worse then we already had with the EU keep dreaming in your fantasy brexit world , you have been  hooked over but you can’t see it.

This forum is a laugh all in denial of reality living your own little world of  brexisick bulkshit  just crack on..

Nope. I can't understand a fecking word of it.

Would you like to try again in English?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

13 hours ago, Ken L said:

Nope. I can't understand a fecking word of it.

Would you like to try again in English?

English plain English brexit has cost one company in Whitby £1 million pounds a month since January  in lost revenue, now if that isn’t in plain English I don’t know what is .

Your trade deals you were shouting about the ones the government voted to stop them being scrutinised I wonder why , now a man with a wooden head  can work that one out !!!!!!

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

4 hours ago, big_cod said:

English plain English brexit has cost one company in Whitby £1 million pounds a month since January  in lost revenue, now if that isn’t in plain English I don’t know what is .

Your trade deals you were shouting about the ones the government voted to stop them being scrutinised I wonder why , now a man with a wooden head  can work that one out !!!!!!

Okay, lets try this....

English! Plain English:

Brexit has cost one company in Whitby £1 million a month since January, in lost revenue.

Now if that isn’t in plain English, I don’t know what is.

The government voted to stop the trade deals that you were shouting about from being scrutinised. I wonder why? A man with a wooden head could work that one out!

Full stops, commas, sentences, grammar and choice of words matter. When I say that I can't decipher any meaning from your posts, I'm not making it up. I really mean that I am unable to pull any meaning from the jumble of words on the screen.

Now of course, it would help if you provided the name of this company and some context because as it stands, there's not a shred of evidence to support your claim.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

20 hours ago, Ken L said:

Okay, lets try this....

English! Plain English:

Brexit has cost one company in Whitby £1 million a month since January, in lost revenue.

Now if that isn’t in plain English, I don’t know what is.

The government voted to stop the trade deals that you were shouting about from being scrutinised. I wonder why? A man with a wooden head could work that one out!

Full stops, commas, sentences, grammar and choice of words matter. When I say that I can't decipher any meaning from your posts, I'm not making it up. I really mean that I am unable to pull any meaning from the jumble of words on the screen.

Now of course, it would help if you provided the name of this company and some context because as it stands, there's not a shred of evidence to support your claim.

You live in a complete dream world Ken stop reading brexsick press lies .

You want proof how much proof do you want !!!!!

Whitby business locker Trawlers loosing a million a month doesn’t scratch  the surface .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-turns-europes-biggest-fish-23346030

Now how would this headline go down in mail ,express , telegraph or the sun they wouldn’t dare , they just  just keep lying to their readers .

Brexit turns Europe's biggest fish market in Peterhead into 'ghost town'

Whitby fisherman says 'crews will be worse off in 2021 than before they left the EU'

In nearly 50 years as a fisherman Arnold Locker has seen it all.

Mr Locker, chairman of Locker Trawlers in Whitby, and former chairman of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations, believes Environment Secretary George Eustice should resign.

Arnold Locker, of Lockers Trawlers in Whitby, said his part of the industry would have been better off if Britain had stayed in the European Union

Average £300,000 per landing for  a 9 day trip not worked  because  of quota cuts  since brexit day , now you do the maths .it’s not hard use a calculator if your struggling in your head to grasp the financial disaster brexit has imposed on the fishing industry.

Now these people voted brexit  because of the promises ,now can imaged just how they feel now words can’t describe it  how they have been deceived. But do they know it but they were warned ,what they can’t grasp is the scale of the deception by king rat Boris Johnson  who stood in many a harbour spouting In front  of tv cameras promising the earth to fishermen , but it was lie after lie before the referendum to gather  the votes off the public to get brexit over the line it was all a deception and that goes for fishermen, farmers etc etc etc they are now worse  off with brexit not better .

If a shame those responsible for  the lies with brexit can’t be sued by businesses for there deceit.That might just be the case  in time to come .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

Whitby business locker Trawlers loosing a million a month doesn’t scratch  the surface .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-turns-europes-biggest-fish-23346030

Now how would this headline go down in mail ,express , telegraph or the sun they wouldn’t dare , they just  just keep lying to their readers .

Whitby fisherman says 'crews will be worse off in 2021 than before they left the EU'

Mr Locker, chairman of Locker Trawlers in Whitby, and former chairman of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations, believes Environment Secretary George Eustice should resign.

Arnold Locker, of Lockers Trawlers in Whitby, said his part of the industry would have been better off if Britain had stayed in the European Union

Average £300,000 per landing for  a 9 day trip not worked  because  of quota cuts  since brexit day , now you do the maths .it’s not hard use a calculator if your struggling in your head to grasp the financial disaster brexit has imposed on the fishing industry.

Now these people voted brexit  because of the promises ,now can imaged just how they feel now words can’t describe it  how they have been deceived. But do they know it but they were warned ,what they can’t grasp is the scale of the deception by king rat Boris Johnson  who stood in many a harbour spouting In front  of tv cameras promising the earth to fishermen , but it was lie after lie before the referendum to gather  the votes off the public to get brexit over the line it was all a deception and goes for fishermen, farmers etc etc etc they are worse  off with brexit not better .

If a shame those responsible for  the lies with brexit can’t be sued by businesses for there deceit.That might just be the case  in time to come .

Your claim was that a Whitby business is losing £1 million per month in lost revenue since the end of the Brexit transition period on 01 January 2021, but your supporting evidence for that claim relates to a business 350 miles north of Whitby in Peterhead and is dated 19 January 2021 - less than 3 weeks after the changes came into effect.

Am I missing something?

Interestingly, more recent news from Peterhead has them attributing a lot of their difficulties to Covid and lockdowns, rather than Brexit.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/business/north-of-scotland/3126724/peterhead-port-at-the-centre-of-major-economic-change-boss-simon-brebner-bullish-on-prospects/

Edited by Ken L

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

Now these people voted brexit  because of the promises ,now can imaged just how they feel now words can’t describe it  how they have been deceived. But do they know it but they were warned ,what they can’t grasp is the scale of the deception by king rat Boris Johnson  who stood in many a harbour spouting In front  of tv cameras promising the earth to fishermen , but it was lie after lie before the referendum to gather  the votes off the public to get brexit over the line it was all a deception and that goes for fishermen, farmers etc etc etc they are now worse  off with brexit not better .

I just found that your Locker Trawlers quote is clipped from a Yorkshire Post article dated 03.01.21, and that doesn't support your claim either, because he's moaning (not unreasonably) about the transition period, and not about losing money due to Brexit.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/whitby-fisherman-says-crews-will-be-worse-2021-they-left-eu-3080831

There's still no evidence to support your £1 million a month losses claim, or indeed your new £300,000 per landing claim.

Why do you bother Ken, you should know by now when he quotes a newspaper article it doesn’t actually say what he thinks it does.

In the case of the article you linked to I particularly liked the opening paragraph “In nearly 50 years as a fisherman Arnold Locker has seen it all. He was fishing when the UK joined the Common Market in 1973 and lived through the heartache of decommissioning and burning of boats that followed in the mid 1980s.”

Bloody good start to a supposedly remain, or should that now be rejoin, point of view. Fairies have been whispering in his ear again.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

13 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Why do you bother Ken, you should know by now when he quotes a newspaper article it doesn’t actually say what he thinks it does.

In the case of the article you linked to I particularly liked the opening paragraph “In nearly 50 years as a fisherman Arnold Locker has seen it all. He was fishing when the UK joined the Common Market in 1973 and lived through the heartache of decommissioning and burning of boats that followed in the mid 1980s.”

Bloody good start to a supposedly remain, or should that now be rejoin, point of view. Fairies have been whispering in his ear again.

Alas, I live in hope that one day, Paul might tell us what measurable successes it would take for him to declare Brexit a success by the end of 2021 - preferably before we actually reach the end of 2021.

Edited by Ken L

5 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

Just a quick question as everything seems fine over my neck of the woods.......Has the sh*t hit the fan yet?

Everything's fine here to. Jobs are booming.

Rumour has it that there were some problems in the north-east due to the stars falling from the sky - well, when I say "shy", I mean the blue background that they were stuck to.