Should we have left the EU?

John S

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

Any better than we already had ??????

And a shortage of drivers due to brexit leaving masses of businesses short of priducts . Now the dumping of food because of a shortage of drivers has brexit left anybody  out no it hasn’t. Tesco dumping 50 tons of food a a week due a shortage of drivers .Now how would have  the  tabloids reacted if it wasn’t brexit to blame , front page news !!!! of course it would have been , they continue to hide the truth of brexit from  the  people .

Foid and drink exports down by 50% to Europe in the last 3 months and back to normal to the  rest of world . Shortage of drivers then !!!!!!

Don’t  be daft James it will take a bolt of lighting to strike them down .?

Look

50 tonnes per week is 2,500 tonnes per year, which is utterly insignificant.

An estimated 6.4 million tonnes of edible food are wasted in the UK each year.

Tesco admits that 44,297 tonnes of their food went to waste in 2018/19.

The rage-bait peddlers that you read don't care about reality.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:Does that mean we have a shortage then Ken ??? you better let Chester’s know ? is it bigger than the distribution centre in Belgium .I think you will find it’s a pin prick in the parts industry Ken . Going back to .the trade deal scenario in real terms it’s a hopeless scenario,  this doesn’t address the mass shortage of parts for Automobile industry .Just hope your car doesn’t brake down Ken !!!! Lightning could strike you down .

It's one example of a solution for one manufacturer's parts. I didn't present it as anything else.

That said, although you keep citing parts shortages as a Brexit problem, they're not.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

50 minutes ago, Ken L said:

It's one example of a solution for one manufacturer's parts. I didn't present it as anything else.

That said, although you keep citing parts shortages as a Brexit problem, they're not.

I tracked my fuel control value all way to customs in Dover and  stayed  there days due to the brexit customs arrangement how do explain that .!!!!!!!

And the guy who bought my boat now cannot get for 2 weeks a drive plate due to customers etc £7000, up the spout oh he knows now what  brexit really means.

We couldn’t get certain beers delivered driver shortages tip of the iceberg brexit 100% to blame.

Food exports to the EU 50% down ,food exports to the rest of world back to normal . No extra food exports to the rest of the world so U.K. business have lost the 50% drop in food exports to EU great isn’t it .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

24 minutes ago, big_cod said:

I tracked my fuel control value all way to customs in Dover and  stayed  there days due to the brexit customs arrangement how do explain that .!!!!!!!

And the guy who bought my boat now cannot get for 2 weeks a drive plate due to customers etc £7000, up the spout oh he knows now what  brexit really means.

We couldn’t get certain beers delivered driver shortages tip of the iceberg brexit 100% to blame.

I presume you mean "valve".

Customs - most countries have them.

You lost me after that.

14 minutes ago, Ken L said:

I presume you mean "valve".

Customs - most countries have them.

You lost me after that.

Customs declarations are required from‌‌ 1 January 2021 on all exports from the UK and if businesses are importing controlled goods such as alcohol, weapons, chemicals, or drugs. If a business imports goods that are not controlled, they may be able to delay making declarations for up to six months.

The prime mister has also incorrectly claimed that the TCA removed all non-tariff barriers to trade with the EU. Like most free-trade agreements, the TCA does little to address regulatory barriers to trade. As the UK and the EU are no longer in a customs union, for example, customs checks and formalities now apply, which can be time-consuming and burdensome

Got it now !!   

Dover takes legal action against government over check points

https://www.ft.com/content/3cc246e9-3f0c-48be-8626-dc8f288dbdbb

https://theconversation.com/brexit-trade-problems-whats-gone-wrong-and-can-it-be-fixed-153270

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Customs declarations are required from‌‌ 1 January 2021 on all exports from the UK and if businesses are importing controlled goods such as alcohol, weapons, chemicals, or drugs. If a business imports goods that are not controlled, they may be able to delay making declarations for up to six months.

The prime mister has also incorrectly claimed that the TCA removed all non-tariff barriers to trade with the EU. Like most free-trade agreements, the TCA does little to address regulatory barriers to trade. As the UK and the EU are no longer in a customs union, for example, customs checks and formalities now apply, which can be time-consuming and burdensome

Got it now !!   

https://theconversation.com/brexit-trade-problems-whats-gone-wrong-and-can-it-be-fixed-153270

You do realise that customs work both ways and regardless of whether there are fees to pay, packages still have to go through the process - as per the last sentence in your copy/paste.

We now have a border. It's what we voted for. If you don't like it, move to Belgium.

17 minutes ago, Ken L said:

You do realise that customs work both ways and regardless of whether there are fees to pay, packages still have to go through the process - as per the last sentence in your copy/paste.

We now have a border. It's what we voted for. If you don't like it, move to Belgium.

You move to Belgium I didn’t  cause this **** YOU did .!!  I didn’t vote to drag the uk through the mud you did .What’s  best about it all is those who voted brexit and are now feeling the affects are very very bitter  , led down the garden path to pain  and misery but we told you so .and the longer we go into brexit the more brexit is exposed .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

25 minutes ago, big_cod said:

You move to Belgium I didn’t  cause this **** YOU did .!!  I didn’t vote to drag the uk through the mud you did .What’s  best about it all is those who voted brexit and are now feeling the affects are very very bitter  , led down the garden path to pain  and misery but we told you so .and the longer we go into brexit the more brexit is exposed .

I voted to get away from the EU, not to move to it, but if you are such a Europhile, you go right ahead. You get to be ruled by an unelected commission and you get your parts deliverd quickly (if the distribution is unaffected by Covid), so what's not to like?

I don't see Brexit as being in the mud at all, I see it as the sunny uplands of freedom.

"What’s  best about it all is those who voted brexit and are now feeling the affects" and we’re loving it.

You got any closer to determining what measurable indicators would cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

43 minutes ago, Ken L said:

I voted to get away from the EU, not to move to it, but if you are such a Europhile, you go right ahead. You get to be ruled by an unelected commission and you get your parts deliverd quickly (if the distribution is unaffected by Covid), so what's not to like?

I don't see Brexit as being in the mud at all, I see it as the sunny uplands of freedom.

"What’s  best about it all is those who voted brexit and are now feeling the affects" and we’re loving it.

You got any closer to determining what measurable indicators would cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

Brexit a sucess every single economic analysis says otherwise , as the brexititeer says it might take a while ,what a 100 years sorry won’t wash , the next 12 months will be critical for  brexit and it’s analysts  and those responsible for it.

The opinion that the European Union is governed by ‘unelected bureaucrats’ is commonly held by europhobes and an argument wielded by the Leave campaign in the referendum on the British exit of the European Union. The claim refers to the powers of the Commission in particular, one of the executive bodies of the EU, partly composed of a ‘bureaucracy’ of civil servants. However, the idea that ‘the EU is governed by unelected bureaucrats” exhibits a very strong misunderstanding of how the EU is governed, as well as the role played by the Commission in EU governance. This article explains the extent of the Commission’s powers in the EU’s institutional architecture and the extent to which the Commission is accountable when exercising those powers

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

6 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Brexit a sucess every single economic analysis says otherwise , as the brexititeer says it might take a while ,what a 100 years sorry won’t wash , the next 12 months will be critical for  brexit and it’s analysts  and those responsible for it.

You are still avoiding the question, which is, and always has been, one of: What future conditions would cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

If the EU was in recession at the end of 2021 while the UK economy was surging, would that cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

If the EU applied a ban on tacking recreationally caught cod, or imposed a limit of just two fish per angler (as they did for bass), but the UK implemented no such restrictions, would that cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

If EU unemployment rose to 15% but the UK's dropped below 4%, would that cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

If the EU implemented severe restrictions on personal freedoms, but the UK implemented a written constitution guaranteeing our rights and freedoms, would that cause you to accept that you were wrong and that Brexit is in fact a success?

You set the tests, and we'll see what happens.