Should we have left the EU?

John S

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

I spent almost a year on a boat in folkestone ,nothing big really just a one man band but the owner took me out as he was a neighbour ,not really my cuppa tea the hours were shite as the harbour is tidal ,pittance of a wage  nothing more than pocket money ,my old man said i wouldnt last a week i dont take notice of what people say so lasted about 11 months.

The owner sold the bulk of his catch at the local auction but made far better money selling the better fish and crabs to the hotels ,i asked him why he didnt sell everything to the hotels ,to much work he said ,small man determined to stay small its the british disease 

PS you dont need to know anything about brain surgery to do brain surgery the proffesional bit is the patient surviving in a better state than before !

My mrs family was into shelfish i remember hours of shucking whelks ,they lived right on the keyside lovely views but very small house !

They had coppers in the back yard 3 or 4 i forget ,probably banned now under some EU law.

The owner of the boat got fed up with the hours and bought a bigger boat for trips to the varne with paying guests he asked me if i was interested but i moved up to newcastle so my seafairing ended and sea angling from a boats started when we moved back down here .i have mentioned mooring a boat at pompey before on here so i am not dry behind the ears as you presume

Not from a fishing backround i admit but theres few in deptford where i come from i didnt live near the sea until i was 16 or 17 most probably unlike yourself

Mrs just confirmed her auntie still sells seafood from folkestone but the familiy no longer run a boat so obviously buy in what they sell today which is pretty typical nowadays 

Well your a half  a salty dog then ? 11 months at sea for little wage .I think I might have chucked it long before then but that’s life very few poor fishermen nowadays. A big shell survey job kicking off here and the  potters getting paid large sums to put there Potts on the quey side for a month  while the survey boat does its job 40,000 crab Potts have to be brought ashore and very kindly shell just might be paying us to tie up to keep well clear and do the same for a month .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

16 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Well your a half  a salty dog then ? 11 months at sea for little wage .I think I might have chucked it long before then but that’s life very few poor fishermen nowadays. A big shell survey job kicking off here and the  potters getting paid large sums to put there Potts on the quey side for a month  while the survey boat does its job 40,000 crab Potts have to be brought ashore and very kindly shell just might be paying us to tie up to keep well clear and do the same for a month .

I only stayed to prove my old man wrong i left at what i think was the end of the season (it was 50 years ago i cannot remember) he also said i would end up on a building site (which strangely he did for a great time) i worked a week on a building site tacking to help a mate out but never ended up on one not that i can see why not some trades are very well paid ,i expect he meant as a labourer ?

His opinion of me was low but I guess justified lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, corydoras said:

You think that Nephrops are only found in Dublin Bay? And you wonder why we think you are thick?

No dip shite I don’t as has been discussed multiple times over multiple threads, if I was intimating that they could ONLY be found there I would not have said they were the best.

If you memory retention is so bad that you cannot recall threads that is your problem not mine.

Since you continually pick out small parts of posts with sometimes amusing but more often pathetic response, easily seen through by others, I cannot be arsed to argue the fact.

Go home to your lonely bedsit I’m busy, just exchanged on my million plus house, got packing to do prior, had to drag an antique upright piano across my lawn on a sack truck by myself and smash it to bits with a sledge, running out of things to vent my more primitive feelings of anger on, really need to find someone deserving of a smack in the mouth. How’s your biceps doing, still fit from flipping all those burgers on Jeddah Crown.

Bought a modest 5 bedroom house in Somerset, in the process of buying a block of flats to rent out to really clever, intelligent people without a pot to **** in.

There is a response for your trolling I don’t normally bite to. People who are  readers on here who know me know I am less subtle face to face.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Death to pianos they are heavy will the IOW rise a little ?

Somersets OK i hope the thousand acres that accompany your stately pile will be easy to mow than the 10,000 you have now sir

Ps if you need someone to dig out clods (no not that one) to inspect whats under them i may know someone ,ps watch the beaches they eat cars!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just now, chesters1 said:

Death to pianos they are heavy will the IOW rise a little ?

Somersets OK i hope the thousand acres that accompany your stately pile will be easy to mow than the 10,000 you have now sir

Ps if you need someone to dig out clods (no not that one) to inspect whats under them i may know someone ,ps watch the beaches they eat cars!

Yes, you mentioned cars on that beach before, well perhaps they were dipping their headlights!

Amuses me still now sitting on East Cowes sea wall night fishing when you would hear the screeching of brakes as muppets blindly following their sat navs don’t realise it is not going to notice the floating bridge is on the other bank. Some, not all manage to stop in time.

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I only eat frozen fish its probably fresher than fresh fish

5 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I only eat frozen fish its probably fresher than fresh fish

What about the fishermen brexit is  supposed to be saving sorry ruin !! Yes  now that video is shocking to say the least . Watch it again it’s bad very bad .

No wonder fishermen  are up in arms .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I dont need other peoples opinion to form my own why would i watch it?

If its true its true if its false its false i will react when or if it effects me personally ,in essence fresh fish isnt nessesary to maintain life so why worry about it

Edited by chesters1

7 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I dont need other peoples opinion to form my own why would i watch it?

If its true its true if its false its false i will react when or if it effects me

It won’t t affect you are you sure about.that ,the price of  fresh fish  and frozen could rocket  .But there is always mince, but  one thing it will affect is fishermen who voted brexshit .I wonder how they are feeling .

I can’t believe how damming this video is .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg