Should we have left the EU?

John S

Fools never consider the consequences of their actions ,hopefully they are not like their southern cousins who suddenly couldnt find a foreign buyer to buy their stock then whined the locals wouldnt buy it ,you know the same locals they refused to sell to as they could make a few pence more flogging it to some spaniard .Hopefully they went bust i'd rather make less than nothing at all

Canada wouldnt be so wealthy flogging us their lobster if we could buy it from our fishermen ,sometimes a steady home market is better than an EU based one who can change the rules overnight

But then why should we care the only people interested in our fishing is the EU 

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

10 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Fools never consider the consequences of their actions ,hopefully they are not like their southern cousins who suddenly couldnt find a foreign buyer to buy their stock then whined the locals wouldnt buy it ,you know the same locals they refused to sell to as they could make a few pence more flogging it to some spaniard .Hopefully they went bust i'd rather make less than nothing at all

Have you any idea the running  costs of a boat it can run into thousands of pounds a week they need the foreign markets to make a living , but sadly they have made there bed with brexit and are now are going to lie in it and pay a very heavy price for the privilege.

Who will they blame farage or Johnson or both in the next 6 months it’s make or break for a large  percentage of the fishing industry it could well be carnage . 

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

They choose their occupation they are not forced to do it ,if they cannot make a living get a real job,why should they get state aid and not sell a fish on the country that gives it.

Unfortunately our leaders of all parties are idiots i would link aid to landings ,if they land all their fish on our coasts then they get help with their fuel if not they dont ,why should uk taxpayers help johny foreigner get uk fish

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

42 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

They choose their occupation they are not forced to do it ,if they cannot make a living get a real job,why should they get state aid and not sell a fish on the country that gives it.

Unfortunately our leaders of all parties are idiots i would link aid to landings ,if they land all their fish on our coasts then they get help with their fuel if not they dont

Fuel is a tiny part of there running costs in the majority of shellfish boats  .
Fishermen are very genuine people a lot do not understand politics so they often listen to the wrong people big mistake !!! as they are about to find out .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

52 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Canada wouldnt be so wealthy flogging us their lobster if we could buy it from our fishermen ,sometimes a steady home market is better than an EU based one who can change the rules overnight

But then why should we care the only people interested in our fishing is the EU 

Perhaps they should expand their customer base Chesters, just like this press release; https://www.frozenfoodeurope.com/whitby-seafoods-extends-cold-storage-partnership/ 

Nice to see that Whitby Seafoods are able to distribute, amongst other things their “ Whitby Scampi” to keep 350 local jobs going full time, not to mention staff at the storage and distribution centre.

Perhaps some others could follow Whitby Seafoods and expand the market in the U.K., as I’ve said before, Whitby Scampi is blooming tasty, have to find a supplier locally come summer.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Its the British disease companies to lazy to change, too lazy to look for the opportunities and too lazy to look ahead.

I had a look to see if Whitby Seafoods did scallops knowing you have mentioned them in the past Chesters, it seems they used to do a seafood platter that did contain scallops but not currently in their line, not sure why, is there a problem catching scallops off Whitby?

Perhaps it is because they wanted to concentrate on Whitby Scampi, cannot blame them, did I mention how nice Whitby Scampi are?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Listening to News tonight it seems that the majority of HGV’s caught up in operation Brock are foreign trucks returning anyway.

Also looks like the lorry parks off junction 11 are nearing completion, about time since they were first mentioned by Tony Blair’s Govt. in 2005.

I suppose he was worried about traffic gridlock caused by Brexit, silly man, Brexit wasn’t thought of then. Why on Earth was he trying to find a solution to a problem that didn’t exist?

• Haha 1

Having traveled since a kid from london and surrounds to folkestone the roads under their many names have alsays had tail backs , strange not even a soothsayer mentioned Brexit in the 1960s!

The trouble being its a small road even today for traffic not envisaged when it was planned, half is a bloody dual carriageway FFS! the end unchanged!

The kent? Show used to block it and everyone knew when it was on!

We are lucky the rollon port isnt in cornwall THEN you would see a traffic jam!

Thinking of it takes me back i remember taking the mrs down what was still mostly single carraigeway on a scooter it was a miserable ride ,then 10 years later the enjoyment of a few miles of motorway ending up at a roundabout back onto the same fricking road from a decade before.2/3rds of my life was watching that fricking road being built!Even earlier i vaguely remember a close season trip to folkestone by coach ,it was like a frickin expedition to darkest africa i am sure the a20 was still partly dirt ,couldnt see out the window to check it was raining inside as uch as outside ,next trip was by train it got even better when i didnt get off at  folkestone west the next trip!

I get (what keeps changing my words?) a bit of  nostalgia thinking about folkestone i still remember the sound of a 6 ounce weight hitting horsa ,who the hell leaves a brand new ferry just lying about in the dark ,we had moved down there permenantly by then so the A20 A20m long forgotten. It WAS a clang lol

Edited by chesters1

Belgium fruit producers say they will suffer without uk sales looks like the EU is now getting flack they cannot force the brits to a deal as they said they could .

Caritas running out of food for european food banks as the demand has risen 30%

EU nations desperately looking for legal means to force EU to get a deal with UK or go behind the backs of the EU to get one direct ,(crumble crumble must be serious if its on euronews!)

Edited by chesters1