Should we have left the EU?

John S

Chesters, I take it from your University post that somebody I have set to ignore is mouthing off about the U.K. withdrawing from Erasmus, it is apparent because he is the only person on here I ignore.

If the simpleton had bothered to read or watch anything other than gutter press (that, as he repeatedly has said, and you have on multiple occasions reminded him of is lies and assumptions), social media or you tube.

Perhaps he would be better off as I told him years ago to consult the House of Commons Library or indeed ANY trustworthy site.

Announcing the deal Boris was questioned on Erasmus and said, words to the effect of, Erasmus costs the U.K. far more money than U.K. students gain from studying abroad, so a new system called the Turin scheme will replace it allowing U.K. students to study IN THE WORLD, not just the EU. And since, as Phone points out the vast majority of the best Universities are in the U.K. or the USA rock on win win.

Who would have thought that an EU scheme would cost us more than it costs them, well the MAJORITY who voted Brexit certainly.

I once told him that a visit to a library would be good for him as they sometimes had books with pictures, some he could coloUr in, I’ve changed my opinion of him, there is no way he should be allowed crayons or colouring pencils without supervision.

I wonder how that other now ex resident troll got on with his son doing his Masters in Amsterdam, I doubt his son even got a spirit level let alone an A level or a degree.

Phone, you are correct, but in some ways it is our persistent intentions to help out the World that keeps us poor.

Yes we once were the dominant world power, most of us realise that we are not any longer, but anybody who wishes to put us down is wrong, they do it because, rather like Narcissus, the look at their own reflection with an EU flag in the back drop and refuse to move on, transfixed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Why not Bromley scheme or Sevenoaks scheme ,do we HAVE to foreignise everything ? All Turin has is a dirty sheet!

PS my neice went to a chinese 'uni' the buildings were part of the olympics hostels ,no kitchens ,no computor labs ,no computer support ,no wifi ,only one out of the half dozen electric sockets was actually wired in the ethernet so slow it was akmost line by line (shades of the 1990's) and the tiny rooms completely unfurnished .The olympic village was just a sham lol but strangely part of the Cambridge course she was on! We even had to set up a vpn to communicate with her tutor back here !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Another one the sheep are bleating about the European Medical card, fecking useless if you go abroad, no travel operator will advise you, indeed some will not allow you to travel without travel insurance, had that myself with my Daughter, skiing accident in France, gave over her Card, still got a Bill! But come here from abroad, get off the plane needing a heart bypass and there you go.

Final rant, you like Germany so much you should have gone by now, get a job with BMW.

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

People have had 4 years to move out of the country they obviously despise  ,perhaps the love of immigrant labour is their way of feeling they are abroad?I know a few decades ago to listen to multiple foreign voices you had to be rich and travel the globe ,now one visit to a boot fare you hear them all ,we have become that melting pot of the  world we heard about and laughed about ,now the dross of the planet is our neigbour 

Strange thing is though their cheap labour doesnt bring the end price down it just gives the company more profit thats why they demand it! Its certainly not some impulse to sell their wares at a cheaper price to the buyers which ofcourse forces hard up buyers to buy cheaper imports ,this seems to mystify the british companies who try to make up the loss by inflating their prices

Edited by chesters1
  • Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes, but what the bloody morons don’t realise is the money paid to Lithuanian welders doesn’t stay here, a proportion of it goes abroad to be spent in their own countries buying cabbages imported from China.

Pre deal I saw an article about supposed food shortages, strawberries FFS! The biggest producer of strawberries is China you dip sticks, followed by several other non EU Countries, if you add up the total EU production of strawberries it comes no where near the production of the top three.

Let the EU strawberries rot as far as I’m concerned.

As said before, when my nipper does fly these days he is invariably flying in perishable goods like fish from EU nations DESPERATE to get it to the U.K. Market because they cannot survive without.

I don’t like the deal, I admit that, I would take no deal any day and walk away, it was not me and you Chesters ranting and raving about getting a deal it was them, people like clod were bleating about a deal.

The shite was going to hit the fan if ‘we’ didn’t get a deal, Boris got a deal and the shite is going to hit the fan I suppose because the only answer was to remain you moron.

It is not good enough that our fisheries will increase their proportion of catch in some species by 100% by getting 20% they should have stayed at what they had, my seven year old granddaughter can work that out.

Heck, I need to leave this thread for a while.

Anybody read science journals, I see that U.K. scientists have come up with an antibody that can be injected into close contacts of people testing positive to COVID-19 that protects and prevents them from catching it for up to a year, first in the world again.

Somebody please remind me again how superior Germany is?

Somebody give me reasons why any Country on this planet is better on average than us and my reply will be, help yourself.

I’ve just chucked a six figure sum into Govt. Bonds, good returns, a small contribution but as the monkey said when he widdled  in the Ocean...

• Thanks 1

CHESTERS1,

Most contrarians are cynics. You have always been honest in the cynical position that you believe only selfishness motivates human actions and you always seem to disbelieves in -  or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

I'm OK with that. I, OTOH honestly believe quite the opposite.

Someday, perhaps the 21st century, the human qualities including honesty, integrity, courage, self-awareness, and commitment. IMO these qualities are a commercial advertisement for what the UK can offer the world. - No other society is capable.

Go mumble and bake a loaf of bread for the poor

Phone

11 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Chesters, I take it from your University post that somebody I have set to ignore is mouthing off about the U.K. withdrawing from Erasmus, it is apparent because he is the only person on here I ignore.

If the simpleton had bothered to read or watch anything other than gutter press (that, as he repeatedly has said, and you have on multiple occasions reminded him of is lies and assumptions), social media or you tube.

Perhaps he would be better off as I told him years ago to consult the House of Commons Library or indeed ANY trustworthy site.

Announcing the deal Boris was questioned on Erasmus and said, words to the effect of, Erasmus costs the U.K. far more money than U.K. students gain from studying abroad, so a new system called the Turin scheme will replace it allowing U.K. students to study IN THE WORLD, not just the EU. And since, as Phone points out the vast majority of the best Universities are in the U.K. or the USA rock on win win.

Who would have thought that an EU scheme would cost us more than it costs them, well the MAJORITY who voted Brexit certainly.

I once told him that a visit to a library would be good for him as they sometimes had books with pictures, some he could coloUr in, I’ve changed my opinion of him, there is no way he should be allowed crayons or colouring pencils without supervision.

I wonder how that other now ex resident troll got on with his son doing his Masters in Amsterdam, I doubt his son even got a spirit level let alone an A level or a degree.

Phone, you are correct, but in some ways it is our persistent intentions to help out the World that keeps us poor.

Yes we once were the dominant world power, most of us realise that we are not any longer, but anybody who wishes to put us down is wrong, they do it because, rather like Narcissus, the look at their own reflection with an EU flag in the back drop and refuse to move on, transfixed.

??? simpletons ?????

You got exactly what you voted for **** .

What  brexit has done is make the EU stronger and U.K. weaker what a stupid and ridicules situation we now find ourselves in .   

All the  hype about fishing it was all bullshit lies peddled day in day out well there is egg on many many faces this morning and there is some very angry people out there ,all those new northern Tory MPs all now hiding themselves away .

Where’s the big red bus scrapped along with all the other promise with brexit it’s reality time !!!!!  There is not even one penny extra for the NHS with brexit and people actually swalled this crap.

And just for good Measure upto 600,000 Hong Kong nationals coming to Britain from January 1st , kept that one quite didn’t they with upto 3 million in the next five  years all coming to Britain to be housed free health care etc etc , Brexit and immigration ??? ??

UK government 'has underestimated takeup for Hong Kong resettlement scheme

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/12/uk-government-underestimates-takeup-hong-kong-resettlement

?????? Here come them-whopping phone and medical bills , I talked to a least a dozen people this morning about this and not a single one actually knew what is actually awaiting them from January 1st , but I said you got exactly  what you voted for.!!!!.

Britons travelling to the European Union have been warned they face disruption and potential charges after the Brexit transition period ends on Thursday

.https://news.sky.com/story/britons-warned-of-disruption-to-travel-insurance-roaming-charges-and-exports-despite-deal-12173984

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

My bread is bumbling its way inside my breadmaker as we speak , flour from Golspie mill my brother sent down .

Strangely it doesnt mention the source of the flour but we have been buying grain from all over the world for hundreds of years i find russian grain sack lead tags detecting but never from germany or france strange that!

We have been waiting for the human race to 'sort' itself out since the crucades it aint going to happen ,we will kill each other for eternity mostly because powerful people getaway with aranging it for whatever little agenda they have ,the masses dont make war those the masses are told act on their behalf to 'serve' them do they only serve themselves and use the blood of the gullible and stupid to do it .

All the EU is doing is using its head not weapons to dominate europe unfortunately some are to blind to see it but the outcome will be the same ,blitzkrieg  by stealth.

We will see how it turns out the SNP will vote against it ,labour appear to want anything but no deal even a crap deal until they get in power and try to force us back in .

Interesting times but my bread will still be there whatever muppet rules the roost after all they get paid whatever they do ,as for giving bread to the poor what do we use to determine poorness ? A 40" tv against a 60" one? A volvo vs a ford ? I dont think people know what poor is today

Edited by chesters1
  • Thanks 1

A blatant cut and paste from the BBC about mobile roaming charges

The four main operators in the UK declined to comment on the specifics of the commercial deals they have done with other operators, but said they did not plan to reintroduce roaming charges.

Three said it "already offers roaming at no extra cost for its customers in over 70 destinations including the US, Australia and New Zealand. We will retain this great customer benefit regardless of Brexit negotiations."

Vodafone said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges.

EE said: "Our customers enjoy inclusive roaming in Europe and beyond, and we don't have any plans to change this based on the Brexit outcome. So our customers going on holiday and travelling in the EU will continue to enjoy inclusive roaming."

And O2 said: "We're committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel outside the UK. We currently have no plans to change our roaming services across Europe."

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

37 minutes ago, wotnobivvy said:

A blatant cut and paste from the BBC about mobile roaming charges

The four main operators in the UK declined to comment on the specifics of the commercial deals they have done with other operators, but said they did not plan to reintroduce roaming charges.

Three said it "already offers roaming at no extra cost for its customers in over 70 destinations including the US, Australia and New Zealand. We will retain this great customer benefit regardless of Brexit negotiations."

Vodafone said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges.

EE said: "Our customers enjoy inclusive roaming in Europe and beyond, and we don't have any plans to change this based on the Brexit outcome. So our customers going on holiday and travelling in the EU will continue to enjoy inclusive roaming."

And O2 said: "We're committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel outside the UK. We currently have no plans to change our roaming services across Europe."

Actually it was from from sky news not the bbc regarding roaming charges ,but I think  you will find most operators will charge for roaming in Europe or you pay the £5 per day charge or you face massive roaming bills ,and also make sure your medical insurance is covered at an extra charge obviously , or you could find having to fork out massive medical bills .This all comes into affect on January 1 st brexit day  dig deep or get hammered you lose both ways with brexit .As everything with brexit it’s all about damage limitations where ever you look .To the man  in street it’s home goal on epic proportions thats unless your head Is buried in the sand .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg