Should we have left the EU?

John S

51 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

No hold ups at all in dover despite the histeria

Sanitary products now vat free ,up to 24% vat on these "luxury" products across the EU

Is that it ??????

Travel latest news: First day of Brexit brings new travel rules for Britons

With the country now having completed the transition phase for leaving the EU, holidaymakers heading to the Continent are now potentially faced with longer wait times at airports, curbs on duty-free imports, and the return of data roaming charges

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/01/travel-news-brexit-europe-quarantine-vaccine-passport/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Duty free is back ,your fags are safe

As for checks its two way and the best bit about brexit !

If you CHOOSE to go abroad then you CHOOSE to get what you deserve,you know whats going to happen before you go if you dont like it tough!

I find it strange these new regulations seem to be hated but they have no bother doing the very same going to the other 230 odd countries on the planet! Infact the EU ones are even softer you dont need a visa for 3 months?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Betrayed’: Dover residents furious over building of Brexit lorry park

locals say they feel “betrayed” and “trapped” by the “lies” of the government over Brexit. Just as they were looking forward to a new year, the letter from the transport minister Rachel Maclean arrived advising them that the white cliffs site had been purchased and would be used as an “Inland Border Facility” from July

Lies of government with brexit ????

You got exactly what you voted for ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/01/residents-furious-brexit-lorry-park-kent-village

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

My mrs brother lives in dover ,anything new including lorry parks will only improve it

He was on the phone this morning and never mentioned it ,so much for all this anger of 'locals' thats the difference between reality and headlines

Update she just asked her aunt on facebook who also lives in dover ,never heard of it !

PS" just minutes " away could be anywhere in the country ,how many minutes and how fast are you travelling? Knowing the area theres a great spot between folkestone and dover huge area of land thats hardly used for agriculture anymore ,the camp used to house all the channel tunnel workers was opposite it and it had an army camp near it ,nice area for new jobs imho hardly going to be an eyesore theres only a village either end both folkestone and dover cannot see it its above them ,its a perfect place you cannot even see it from the sea ,build it twice the size few will notice i lived in the village at the folkestone end and it needs some employment ! Build it three times bigger and you may get amazon putting in a distribution center even more jobs the area needs them!

How can the government be lying if they said lorry parks would be built?and its far better than the manston site until the road system is improved ,smells of nymbyism to me and a strange post from a person who whines about lost jobs not supporting a job creation idea!?

If farms cannot support them selves because they are undercut by cheap imports build something on them !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A new brexit battle bus is now touring the country  to celibate the bid day January 1st 2021 and to remind people exactly what they voted for  . Just  a quick reminder  that inward investment into the U.K. has fallen by four fifths since the referendum in 2016 .Welcome to brexit Britain .image.png.027047c0949e77e8ba55e14cb9a2da30.png

image.png.027047c0949e77e8ba55e14cb9a2da30.png

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm ok jack I can get potatoes from sandy farm a couple of miles away

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

A new brexit battle bus is now touring the country  to celibate the bid day January 1st 2021 and to remind people exactly what they voted for  . Just  a quick reminder  that inward investment into the U.K. has fallen by four fifths since the referendum in 2016 .Welcome to brexit Britain .image.png.027047c0949e77e8ba55e14cb9a2da30.png

image.png.027047c0949e77e8ba55e14cb9a2da30.png

You do post some shite....

Figure 1 The North Americas ultimately controlled the highest value of FDI in the UK in 2018.png

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

You do post some shite....

Figure 1 The North Americas ultimately controlled the highest value of FDI in the UK in 2018.png

? I talk  shite !!!! Next you will be telling me we are doing well with covid 19 ,record cases this government are doing a horrendous job !!!! They have allowed people to spread it everywhere all round the country, .example London was in tier 2 an absolute joke and now it’s payback time ?

Jusr a small example, what’s our net contribution to the EU £9 billion per year look at 2017-2018 alone if it were a business it would be bust -bankrupt.https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/foreign-investment-in-uk-companies-in-2018-and-the-effect-of-brexit/

https://www.ft.com/content/bdc9f940-bb92-11e9-b350-db00d509634e

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

ALL,

COD

I'm not going to sort it for you but

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/cn/Documents/international-business-support/deloitte-cn-ibs-power-up-uk-inward-investment.pdf

DELOITTE one of my frequent sources has "inward investment" almost EXACTLY opposite your post? MAYBE A TYPO?

Phone

Edited by Phone