Should we have left the EU?

John S

Cod have you realised "turquois" IS part of the London stock exchange ,we told you it had already had roots in the EU LONG before brexit this seems to be another branch set up i expect to counter any EU shennanigans trying to stifle the LSE .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Of course he hasn’t realised, he probably is just posting click bait headlines as usual.

I’m not surprised he has failed to mention the cause, for the benefit of others, particularly guests to this forum I will just post this quote from the FT to show we aren’t all that thick.

Exchanges and traders in London are gearing up for the return of trading in shares in Swiss companies as the UK begins charting a post-Brexit future for its sprawling financial services industry.

Executives at banks said they were expecting business to return rapidly over the coming weeks after an EU-imposed ban on trading Swiss stocks is formally lifted.

The legal process is set to be finalised by Wednesday or Thursday, making it one of the first moves the UK has made to boost its financial services sector since the Brexit transition period ended a month ago.

The British and Swiss governments are also working on a more comprehensive agreement covering banking, insurance and asset management. Trading on venues such as Cboe Europe, Turquoise, Aquis and UBS MTF is expected to resume the next working day after permission is granted. City firms aim to recover part of the business that left London following an EU-wide prohibition in 2019.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

21 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Of course he hasn’t realised, he probably is just posting click bait headlines as usual.

I’m not surprised he has failed to mention the cause, for the benefit of others, particularly guests to this forum I will just post this quote from the FT to show we aren’t all that thick.

Exchanges and traders in London are gearing up for the return of trading in shares in Swiss companies as the UK begins charting a post-Brexit future for its sprawling financial services industry.

Executives at banks said they were expecting business to return rapidly over the coming weeks after an EU-imposed ban on trading Swiss stocks is formally lifted.

The legal process is set to be finalised by Wednesday or Thursday, making it one of the first moves the UK has made to boost its financial services sector since the Brexit transition period ended a month ago.

The British and Swiss governments are also working on a more comprehensive agreement covering banking, insurance and asset management. Trading on venues such as Cboe Europe, Turquoise, Aquis and UBS MTF is expected to resume the next working day after permission is granted. City firms aim to recover part of the business that left London following an EU-wide prohibition in 2019.

Those stupid people at the Financial times they need educating off here with brexit thats especially if you want a good chance of going bankrupt  :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

The brexit catastrophe just goes on and on and on no end in sight and it’s only just started but all these problems were  fully explained to U.K. business prior to the referendum ?   Gove didn’t even know what he was signing retard,  does it surprise you with those headless chicken Brexiteers no of course it doesn’t.

https://www.ft.com/content/79f231fe-3c39-41ca-9c33-6713b1834f76

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Most of them probably didnt see the traps the EU set ,only months of scrutiny by lawyers would have seen them in the frenzy to get a deal (even a bad one) because no deal would be the last things remainers would want so you got this deal ,they demanded a deal ....enjoy! Britain got a bad deal because it was a deal with the vindictive childish EU what did people expect?

Still the way the EU is nosediving will it still be here in 5 or so years ? bugger knows what hold they have over the rest of the members if some organisation deliberately doesnt order life saving drugs for its members and insist they wait (luckily theyre ignoring it) most would be out like a shot! There must be a lot of brown envelopes going to members leaders to keep them in rein!?!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Most of them probably didnt see the traps the EU set ,only months of scrutiny by lawyers would have seen them in the frenzy to get a deal (even a bad one) because no deal would be the last things remainers would want so you got this deal ,they demanded a deal ....enjoy! Britain got a bad deal because it was a deal with the vindictive childish EU what did people expect?

Still the way the EU is nosediving will it still be here in 5 or so years ? bugger knows what hold they have over the rest of the members if some organisation deliberately doesnt order life saving drugs for its members and insist they wait (luckily theyre ignoring it) most would be out like a shot! There must be a lot of brown envelopes going to members leaders to keep them in rein!?!

Can anybody seriously think in anytime that the uk has imposed such self harm to business in its history as to what  brexit is imposing its utterly incredible.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

What part of "London is part of amsterdam" dont you understand?

I mentioned it ,Huge explained it its all there to see the london stock exchange has subsidaries in europe to get round the EU's dirty tricks ,they have for years long before brexit

Its a big company that has parts all over the world its not a government ministry ,if BMW has a plant in south america it doesnt stop being BMW .It has branches where its needed to get round tarriffs etc the stock exchange does the same.If it loses out in one place it makes it up in others .

I know its not within your anti  brexit bias but there we are ! Go find some other nonsense headline or remain speaker with an anti brexit agenda ,we will wait with baited breath ,we know theres plenty of remainers hoping to see the country fail so they can say i told you so ,how lovely these people must be willing their own country to fail so they can crow about it.

Edited by chesters1

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

What part of "London is part of amsterdam" dont you understand?

I mentioned it ,Huge explained it its all there to see the london stock exchange has subsidaries in europe to get round the EU's dirty tricks ,they have for years long before brexit

Its a big company that has parts all over the world its not a government ministry ,if BMW has a plant in south america it doesnt stop being BMW .It has branches where its needed to get round tarriffs etc the stock exchange does the same.If it loses out in one place it makes it up in others .

I know its not within your anti  brexit bias but there we are ! Go find some other nonsense headline or remain speaker with an anti brexit agenda ,we will wait with baited breath ,we know theres plenty of remainers hoping to see the country fail so they can say i told you so ,how lovely these people must be willing their own country to fail so they can crow about it.

Dirty tricks so this is what brexit has imposed on the British people it’s an absolute disgrace but the Brexiteers still think they can bullshit and bullshit and bullshit ,

Whst was the U.K. net contribution to the EU 5 billion per year the more brexit is unfolding the more it shows it hand at being an economic disaster  for Briton .

Amsterdam surpassed London as Europe’s largest share trading centre last month as the Netherlands scooped up business lost by the UK since Brexit.

Ever since the UK voted to leave the EU in 2016, the City of London knew it would have to fight to keep the crown of Europe’s leading financial centre. Cities across the bloc had been jostling to win business away from London long before the referendum. Now, less than six weeks after Britain’s actual departure on New Year’s Eve, Amsterdam has emerged as an early winner. Having already picked up activity in swaps and sovereign debt markets, the Dutch city stole London’s crown as Europe’s largest share trading centre last month

Brexit news — live: DUP demands ‘freedom’ from NI protocol as trade deal to wipe £45bn from UK economy

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Have a jeff!