Should we have left the EU?

John S

Theres a British car industry ??

I think morgan is the largest that hasent been destroyed by the unions yet!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Theres a British car industry ??

I think morgan is the largest that hasent been destroyed by the unions yet!

If a company is making cars or car parts in Britain, they are part of the British car industry.

British car brands are another story but Brexit and the current virus crisis have clearly demonstrated that having domestic production capacity that is not subject to the vagaries of global supply chains or becoming a lever in an international power play is probably a good idea.

Trump's mantra is right again.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Next you will be saying woolworths was a british company !

We merely assemble foreign cars theres  othing british about it.

In my opinion if your paying tax to another country your not british ,cods favourite nissan doesnt even sell cars from this country to this country they are exported then imported ,no doubt for tax reasons!

I put a link to the fact before but i cannot be arsed to look it up again

Trumps mantra shows the fact americans will be paying more for shoddily made in america items

Just remember the british motorcycle before the japs came on the scene! Old fashioned ,oil leaking crap!

God help us if boris insists we buy that crap again ,the unions will insist we pay several times the price its worth and it falls apart in a year ! Remember the morris marina ? Britain at its best!

Brexit could be VERY good for britain once britain is cured of the british disease! We invented the vast majority of everything why dont we still make it? The unions and the british disease destroyed it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Next you will be saying woolworths was a british company !

We merely assemble foreign cars theres  othing british about it.

In my opinion if your paying tax to another country your not british ,cods favourite nissan doesnt even sell cars from this country to this country they are exported then imported ,no doubt for tax reasons!

I put a link to the fact before but i cannot be arsed to look it up again

Trumps mantra shows the fact americans will be paying more for shoddily made in america items

Just remember the british motorcycle before the japs came on the scene! Old fashioned ,oil leaking crap!

God help us if boris insists we buy that crap again ,the unions will insist we pay several times the price its worth and it falls apart in a year ! Remember the morris marina ? Britain at its best!

Brexit could be VERY good for britain once britain is cured of the british disease! We invented the vast majority of everything why dont we still make it? The unions and the british disease destroyed it

Your obsession with Union Chester’s it’s all history ord lad we have zero growth is that down to unions we have wage levels less in real terms less in value than what they were 10 years ago  is that unions no not all all it’s all under this Tory government’s watch 100% there fault .

And now the great coronavirus is about strike down our nation and our  Tory government under there watch have have over 40,000 nurse vacancies and are 1000s of doctors short as well and   Now want  to drag volunteers to work in the NHS to cope with there incompetence are the public stupid really stupid to give these clowns another 5 years it’s all going to very soon play out lack of real investment in the NHS is about to come home to roost,

And  brexit to Cope with as well it’s sellout time again for fishing industry it’s coming they are all expecting history is about to repeat itself good old Tory’s say one thing then do completely the opposite selfservatives . 

Dont you just love it hilarious boris who  ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1252244/boris-johnson-nigel-farage-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-news-uk-flooding

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Chesters1,

You're being quite hard on an old duffer. As a youth with more money than good sense I raced TR-3s and MGAs (traded 2 for 1 to a Lotus Elan).

Wolseley, Singer, Austin, Morris, Hillman, Triumph and Rover, and a Vauxhall have spent time under my guidance. My favorite had to have been an MG-TC with wooden spoke wheels and wooden frame. (1950-51?)

Phone

Just me, globalization has imposed a burden on the uniqueness of all automobiles.

My dad had a singer vogue ,it changed gear on roundabouts whether he wanted it to or not.

Our next door neighbour bought a brand new vauxhaul the paint was starting to bubble with the rust under it before he even drove it.

The mighty mini never showed a penny in profit about the only company with any history left is dennis and they only make bus? chassis as far as i know

Despite cods protestations the unions destroy everything they touch ,ask any ship builder ,miner ,steelworker and dont mention british leyland!

Perhaps the nhs trusts cannot afford more nurses because they are still paying millions to pfi companies that labour used to pretend they were 'investing' in the nhs?

Not sure the government isnt employing nurses every hospital has recruitment posters (as does the schools) i think the population has changed into a lot of "entitled" young people who think work is below them if its a bit hard !they appear (going by experience) to favour the easier options in university (i can state hand on heart it was 95% foreign students in the electronics subjects when i worked there) and doing something because they want to at work low in their priorities compared to only doing it when forced to!

Unfortunately their degrees in modern expression dancing ,interpretive bowel movements ,sitting listening to early release prisoners petending they made a mistake then going straight back out and repeating it smirking knowing they pulled the wool over these foolish people or weaving vines from equador from aint going to get themselves far in real life except in brighton!

Edited by chesters1

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Perhaps the nhs trusts cannot afford more nurses because they are still paying millions to pfi companies that labour used to pretend they were 'investing' in the nhs?

Not sure the government isnt employing nurses every hospital has recruitment posters (as does the schools) i think the population has changed into a lot of "entitled" young people who think work is below them if its a bit hard !they appear (going by experience) to favour the easier options in university (i can state hand on heart it was 95% foreign students in the electronics subjects when i worked there) and doing something because they want to at work low in their priorities compared to only doing it when forced to!

Clod can’t see past his misery infected hatred and bias of just about everything, there is a shortage of nurses, as I have shown before, not JUST in the U.K. and not JUST caused wholly by Brexit, the Conservatives, Boris, Maggie etc, but it obviously fuels his own misery not to open his eyes beyond his land of honey and his beloved EU.

So let’s forget the German newspapers I referred to within the memory span of most, Tens of Thousands of vacancies.

So how about going back in time a bit further.

A 2002 report from W.H.O. 

UN wire provided major news networks with a grim message concerning a serious nurse shortage around the globe. The demand for more and more nurses far exceeds the supply, with no expectation that the problem will be resolved soon. The multidisciplinary Global Advisory Group (GAG) for Nursing and Midwifery of the World Health Organization deliberated during its Sixth meeting relative to the effects of this shortage, including the effects of nurses migrating from country to country. The release reads as follows:

"Nurses and midwives around the globe are leaving the health system, driven away by underpay, hazardous working conditions, lack of career development, as well as professional status and autonomy. In addition, there is a sharp decline in new recruits to the profession for similar reasons. If the world's public health community does not correct this trend, the experts agreed, the ability of many health systems to function will be seriously jeopardized"(1).

Although thousands of miles and many differences separate countries and cultures, the message describes a worldwide problem. The simple truth is that nurses are not there for the people who need them most. Regardless of the country, the public's perception of their nurses resound with great similarities. That is, nurses hold the system together and serve as the advocate, health provider, educator, and administrator for making the system work well for them; nurses possess the highest level of integrity and honesty of any other health care workers and administrators; nurses are the ones who care about patients and their families; and "nurses are the backbone of the health care systems". 

Perhaps the W.H.O. and Governments in many Countries should stop trying to find answers and solutions to a global crisis NOT HELPED by nurses migrating! sit down and mutter Brexit or Boris Johnson every now and again and blissfully wallow in THEIR own misery and self pity.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

10 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Clod can’t see past his misery infected hatred and bias of just about everything, there is a shortage of nurses, as I have shown before, not JUST in the U.K. and not JUST caused wholly by Brexit, the Conservatives, Boris, Maggie etc, but it obviously fuels his own misery not to open his eyes beyond his land of honey and his beloved EU.

So let’s forget the German newspapers I referred to within the memory span of most, Tens of Thousands of vacancies.

UN wire provided major news networks with a grim message concerning a serious nurse shortage around the globe. The demand for more and more nurses far exceeds the supply, with no expectation that the problem will be resolved soon. The multidisciplinary Global Advisory Group (GAG) for Nursing and Midwifery of the World Health Organization deliberated during its Sixth meeting relative to the effects of this shortage, including the effects of nurses migrating from country to country. The release reads as follows:

"Nurses and midwives around the globe are leaving the health system, driven away by underpay, hazardous working conditions, lack of career development, as well as professional status and autonomy. In addition, there is a sharp decline in new recruits to the profession for similar reasons. If the world's public health community does not correct this trend, the experts agreed, the ability of many health systems to function will be seriously jeopardized"(1).

Although thousands of miles and many differences separate countries and cultures, the message describes a worldwide problem. The simple truth is that nurses are not there for the people who need them most. Regardless of the country, the public's perception of their nurses resound with great similarities. That is, nurses hold the system together and serve as the advocate, health provider, educator, and administrator for making the system work well for them; nurses possess the highest level of integrity and honesty of any other health care workers and administrators; nurses are the ones who care about patients and their families; and "nurses are the backbone of the health care systems". 

Perhaps the W.H.O. and Governments in many Countries should stop trying to find answers and solutions to a global crisis NOT HELPED by nurses migrating! sit down and mutter Brexit or Boris Johnson every now and again and blissfully wallow in THEIR own misery and self pity.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

11 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Sphugh George Osborne  decision in 2015 when he was Tory  chancellor of the exchequer to stop paying nursing students’ tuition fees and maintenance grants has led to a huge drop in those applying to be nurses at the same time as the NHS is facing its most debilitating shortage of them in decades.

He was warned it would backfire but fell on deaf ears .

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/26/nhs-short-of-70000-nurses-bursaries-abolished

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Still quoting those lies and bias from the papers you hate,can you think for yourself?