Should we have left the EU?

John S

All,

This thread has gone to the crapper so I don't mind adding to the hijack.  I went to the garden store just before the "rona" hit and I'm now convinced there is no god. Or if there is he doesn't know anything about making dirt. I wish I had counted the brands and various quality, texture, color, nutrient content, etc. etc you are offered in dirt. There is bulk of course but most are in 20kg bags. Prices ranged up to $20.00 a kg. (the most expensive I saw). It turned out similar to buying fishing gear.  I told the Mrs I spent about 1/3 of what I actually spent.

Phone

The big stores make a great deal of money out of suckers who buy on instinct ,for a month or so (or more going by experience) they are flogging boxes full of flower plugs at a fairly cheap price which are grabbed by the passing punter .

Most will die because we will still get frosts and when they go back at the correct time the prices wont be so cheap so in essence the shops make far more than they would selling them at the right time.

Compost is getting smaller in quantity no doubt under some pretence smaller bags will make handling safer ,i remember buying compost and peat in 300 ltr bags by the lorry load for very little compared to buying the same quantity in domestic sizes today.

Some of it is so coarse you  chuck half away if your potting on small plants and its just ok for big ones ,the cheap stuff off the backs of lorries or by the council are no longer sterilised to kill the weed seeds so you dont have a clue whats going to sprout.

I spent a week at a nursery steaming tons of compost with coal fed boilers i dont know how its done now if it is at all

I remember delivery horse manure with the local farmer ,he got paid to remove it and paid to delivery it somewhere else ,sometimes the same day the rest he piled up until the next year and sold it at 3 times the cost ,mushroom compost the same ,money for poop! They even sell that in little bags now theres suckers everywhere

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

30 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

The big stores make a great deal of money out of suckers who buy on instinct ,for a month or so (or more going by experience) they are flogging boxes full of flower plugs at a fairly cheap price which are grabbed by the passing punter .

Most will die because we will still get frosts and when they go back at the correct time the prices wont be so cheap so in essence the shops make far more than they would selling them at the right time.

Compost is getting smaller in quantity no doubt under some pretence smaller bags will make handling safer ,i remember buying compost and peat in 300 ltr bags by the lorry load for very little compared to buying the same quantity in domestic sizes today.

Some of it is so coarse you  chuck half away if your potting on small plants and its just ok for big ones ,the cheap stuff off the backs of lorries or by the council are no longer sterilised to kill the weed seeds so you dont have a clue whats going to sprout.

I spent a week at a nursery steaming tons of compost with coal fed boilers i dont know how its done now if it is at all

I remember delivery horse manure with the local farmer ,he got paid to remove it and paid to delivery it somewhere else ,sometimes the same day the rest he piled up until the next year and sold it at 3 times the cost ,mushroom compost the same ,money for poop! They even sell that in little bags now theres suckers everywhere

Plenty of shite again Chester’s  ?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Phone said:

All,

This thread has gone to the crapper so I don't mind adding to the hijack.  I went to the garden store just before the "rona" hit and I'm now convinced there is no god. Or if there is he doesn't know anything about making dirt. I wish I had counted the brands and various quality, texture, color, nutrient content, etc. etc you are offered in dirt. There is bulk of course but most are in 20kg bags. Prices ranged up to $20.00 a kg. (the most expensive I saw). It turned out similar to buying fishing gear.  I told the Mrs I spent about 1/3 of what I actually spent.

Phone

Crapper phone  so exactly do you want it to say brexit is going well ? well if you hadn’t noticed it’s going very very badly .Thats unless you can pour some jubilant news  on it,  which I am afraid doesn’t exist at this present time .But feel free to put  to paper and give the good news if you  can any find any or for that matter if anybody can find any .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Looks like the virus is on the back burner ,is the EU getting scared after all we wont be funding their little offshore shennaigans for much longer

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

18 hours ago, big_cod said:

.So your full of **** ..?  .or is just that time of  year again .

But in reality brexit is last thing on people’s minds  this pandemic has show just  how futile brexit is .

Quite right. The Italians want to leave, the French want to leave, most of eastern Europe wants to leave...

The whole rotten edifice is crumpling and we'll soon be out, with or without Brexit.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Italy's been boiling for months ,spain is falling apart even france is getting fed up

Got my poop ,half a one ton bag and 3 bags of compost for £20 chap trundled down with it hanging on his forklift and trundled back up

36 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Quite right. The Italians want to leave, the French want to leave, most of eastern Europe wants to leave...

The whole rotten edifice is crumpling and we'll soon be out, with or without Brexit.

You mean you hope the EU is going to crumble but as predictive economics  forecasts say the country which is expected to have  the biggest fallout of coronavirus is Great Britain yes Great Britain.They are expecting our economy to shrink by around 6% but why Great Britain that’s the interesting bit ,but our economy was poor  anyway growth was flat investment flying out of Britain but why Britain that’s the question .

And as a government minister was asked exactly that question this morning he dodged the question and gave  everything but an answer .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I wonder what french compost is like ? They must compost vast amounts of vine twigs they cant burn them until winter

They burn the bigger bits of vine slow burning but quite hot

Edited by chesters1