Should we have left the EU?

John S

Do you have steralised compost in the states Mr Bush ,not sure we have enough lorries to get it though they seem flat out we had two trying to turn at the same time ,saw 4 today probably the rest are full of ppe

Probably BBC world? The one we cannot see!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

10 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Do you have steralised compost in the states Mr Bush ,not sure we have enough lorries to get it though they seem flat out we had two trying to turn at the same time ,saw 4 today probably the rest are full of ppe

Probably BBC world? The one we cannot see!

You want this closing down crack on ?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Strange we pay for BBC channels we cannot watch ,i wonder how they report about brexit on there ,more biased i presume?

I wonder if we will get swedish peat after the end of the year its about all they have

I may switch on the dish motor and go to 19 degrees east to see what the BBC are saying ,i doubt theres adverts on it especially compost related ones but you never know what with brexit and all that

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hugh,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=99+year+old

sorry had to run for a moment. here's the first couple lines

A 99-year-old former British soldier has raised more than £3 million to help the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic.

Tom Moore from Bedfordshire, will mark his 100th birthday by completing 100 laps of his garden by Thursday.

i didn't realize i have two different bbc choices - one is indeed a usa feed

Phone

Edited by Phone
additional information

Chesters1,

Yes, all of our compost is heat treated by order of the Department of Agriculture - same with processed for retail sales with manure and species cannot be mixed.  It is a huge drum with about a inch and a half orifice and 3 -5 pounds of pressure  butane burner  (probably natural gas by now). A sample of a batch now and then is checked for seed germination.

Technology has made it expensive.  Now days it is purchased by chemical co's and the good stuff is extracted (I guess urea?)

My garden I believe I've mentioned consists of 3 raised beds 4' X 16'. Right now I have 300 tulips in full bloom. Beautiful if I do say so myself. By August I shall have every fresh vegie we eat except corn. We do not can produce any more except some jellies.

Phone

He just passed the £5 million mark Phone.

Not sure who gets the money!

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Unfortunately probably ministry bureaucrats who will spend it on art or better office furniture not sure even buying 5 million quids worth of PPE and distributing it will do any good except at nursing homes i guess everything has to be bought from 'accredited' suppliers who probably are not the best value but have in some strange way (wink)have favour within the purchasing departments or have old labour PFI contracts that would cost to much to break?

Good luck to the old guy hopefully hes got so much attention the buyers are more transparent and actually put the proceeds to good use

On another note a hoofing great lorry has pulled outside the gardening center and is unloading something (pallets wrapped in black cling film) and it looks like a delivery of PPE for the ghetto ,spotted big boxes of face masks being unloaded by the gate ,hopefully its not fake theres lots of it about 

We dont get many lorries as the bridge is closed so its not a rat run between the A31 and A3 at the moment but in the 30 odd seconds i was looking up the hill to the main road a saw 7 lorries ,business is booming it seems

Mrs just told me a lorry from holland (probably plants in plugs it does about this time of the year) pulled off as she did her excercise to the end of the road and back (she'l sleep for an hour its hard work toting crutches lol)

Edited by chesters1

No takers here interesting?

Charter plane full of Romanian fruit pickers will land at Stansted tomorrow to fill farm labourer vacancies - despite coronavirus causing surge in UK unemployment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8219645/Plane-Romanian-fruit-pickers-land-Stansted-tomorrow-farm-labourer-vacancies.html

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

2 chinese packages today ,i guess only wuhan was in lock down .Although they have been coming throughout ,i keep china and the postie in work

PPE also rapidly dropping in price i expect every tom dick and harry have been knocking out knockoffs to get in with the high prices .

Not use i would use it its probably made of used sanitory towels or worse

Edited by chesters1

Hugh,

The original article ,unless I've lost my marbles, had a destination listed.  The old guy is giving to your NHS, they in turn gave some specific spots.

If he makes it to Thursday he may be pushing 10 million(?) and his goal was a thousand

Phone