Should we have left the EU?

John S

I am really worried about a trade deal with the USA? Will we pushed into applying their standards? Their standards are akin to Chinese ones?????

1 hour ago, leedafeeder said:

I am really worried about a trade deal with the USA? Will we pushed into applying their standards? Their standards are akin to Chinese ones?????

Not sure ,yes we can say import (for example) the chlorine washed chicken but if no-one buys it then the american standards have no effect.

China has no standards at all going by some of their electronics and who would buy food from a country known to be unregulated even to its own people.

Even then are we any different ? we have appalling food handling in the meat sector ,we put horses in lasagne and we have no idea whats happening in the factories here never mind in the EU ,its amazing half the population hasnt got food poisening all the time!

Probably animal food is more clean ,i never eat out who knows whats going on in a cafe kitchen .

I would love to be a food inspector, one bit of dirt or bad practice in storage  i would close it on the spot,no warning closed on the spot

PS i have no problem with chlorine washed chicken if its cheap, we should be doing it!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, leedafeeder said:

Absolute nonsense...

Various studies have been conducted into ranking the food standards of different countries, taking into account not only safety, but also quality, affordability and availability. A study conducted by the Global Food Security Index (GFSI) found the following 10 counties to have the top overall scores for affordability, availability and quality and safety:

1. Singapore
  2. Ireland
  3. United States (tied with the UK)
  4. United Kingdom (tied with the US)
  5. Netherlands
  6. Australia
  7. Switzerland
  8. Finland
  9. Canada
  10. France

The study sets out to evaluate the “three core pillars of food security” throughout 113 different countries, these three pillars being the previously mentioned affordability, availability and quality and safety.

From these results, the United States scored 99.4/100 for food safety, 100/100 for presence of food safety net programmes, and 100/100 for nutritional standards. The US also shares joint third place in the studies’ rankings with the UK.

Whilst they share the same overall score, the UK scored 100/100 for food safety, 100/100 for presence of food safety net programmes, and 100/100 for nutritional standards. Hence, the UK and the USA both have some of the highest food standards anywhere in the world.

Source.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

Absolute nonsense...

Source.

If the UK scored 100 then the system really needs overhauling lol

And the heads of the FSA need sacking until every breach of hygeine is stopped we have meat from unknown animals ,going out of date from unknown times and we dont have a clue where its really from ,if thats 100 we should ban imports from anywhere on earth until we clean our own act up.

Trouble is theres no punishment ,no punishment for FSA employees not finding filth and bad practice and a slap on the wrist to those doing it! A million quid fine for every gram of contaminated food will stop it and public flogging of those doing it will make it less likely to happen again

Those pointing at america really need to look under their noses lol

How on earth you can get 100 intrigues me just visiting a plant must make the number drop unless the person and their clothes are boiled for 20 minutes!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 5/25/2020 at 9:02 PM, *Ant* said:

Geez' I long for the days when Ozzy Osbourne could eat a bat without worrying about coronaviruses.

He only does Colouring books these days - apart from that he's "Paranoid" & the Prince of F***ing Darkness in his own Lunchtime!!

Wife Sharon - is his meal ticket now!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

On 5/27/2020 at 5:40 AM, Phone said:

KEN, There is a story to SINGAPORE. They produce so little if anything, they use the country of origin certification and very little oversight internally,

Phone

Yes but they also have hawker stalls and food courts on every street corner that are regularly inspected for safety and almost nobody gets I'll from eating dodgy food, despite the constant 30 degree heat.

• Thanks 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, big_cod said:

Boris says what ??  He is a liability trying to suppress the media Nissan have announced they will stay in the U.K. really !!! no they haven’t nothing is sorted .

Now those trawler skippers in clip from itv film say  they think they are going to sold down the river just past experience bas it says a lot gut feeling   Boris is full of waff wait and see ord lad it’s all to come .

It is now.