Terrorism!!

Martin56

On 2/6/2020 at 7:33 AM, ayjay said:

Absolutely not!  They don't always get it right.

You ignored my response the last time I mentioned this name, but I'll say it again now:- Jean Charles de Menezes.

I'll comment.

Unless you've been in a position of responsibility to take or save life and have been trained as such, briefed as such, are acting as such and have a split second to make a life changing decision, (for both parties) I don't think anyone is qualified or has the right to make statements or judge without having 100% of the facts in front if them. 

Mistakes have always been made, will always be made,  but as long as the person responsible is acting in the interests of the brief given and within the law they should be confident before setting out that they have the full backing of the law and the brief provided even if they get it wrong.

Better to be tried by 10 then carried by 6.

They put their life on the line for us. Right or wrong every day, maybe less than a quarter second to decide, yet armchair heroes, keyboard warriors, tree huggers, do gooders and associated buffoons have a lifetime to rip them to shreds.

More than a little unfair I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

16 hours ago, ayjay said:

No, don't fret yourself Phone, I was responding to Martin's rabid comments.

Rabid??, maybe - Heartfelt?? - for certain!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

On 2/6/2020 at 7:33 AM, ayjay said:

Absolutely not!  They don't always get it right.

You ignored my response the last time I mentioned this name, but I'll say it again now:- Jean Charles de Menezes.

Stick to your day job ayjay!! hope that's not too "rabid" for you?? well not as rabid as those who've lost life through early released Terrorists!!

Edited by Martin56

There is no death penalty currently in the UK (it was completely abolished in 1998) and that imo is a good thing, the Charles de Menezes case was a different matter as that was an officer/officers responding and making a split second life or death decision (like those taken by soldiers in combat) that could have decided the life of not just de Menezes but a large number of others including the public at the time. unfortunately the intelligence was incorrect but that sort of situation is completely different to the cold blooded execution of a imprisoned person after trial.

There are too many errors in justice for the death penalty imo and those who bleat about "well it's worth it" would you be so fast to agree if the price was the death of an innocent and that innocent was you or your son or daughter or wife?

8 minutes ago, snakey1 said:

There is no death penalty currently in the UK (it was completely abolished in 1998) and that imo is a good thing, the Charles de Menezes case was a different matter as that was an officer/officers responding and making a split second life or death decision (like those taken by soldiers in combat) that could have decided the life of not just de Menezes but a large number of others including the public at the time. unfortunately the intelligence was incorrect but that sort of situation is completely different to the cold blooded execution of a imprisoned person after trial.

There are too many errors in justice for the death penalty imo and those who bleat about "well it's worth it" would you be so fast to agree if the price was the death of an innocent and that innocent was you or your son or daughter or wife?

We are talking about people here who don't do Cucumber Sandwiches or the Quorn!!

Edited by Martin56

4 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

We are talking about people here who do Cucumber Sandwiches o

So no rational argument or answer to what if the accidental cost was your son or daughter or yourself? lock people up for life by all means but you cant rescind the death penalty when you make a mistake

Edited by snakey1

10 minutes ago, snakey1 said:

So no rational argument or answer to what if the accidental cost was your son or daughter or yourself? lock people up for life by all means but you cant rescind the death penalty when you make a mistake

Everyone is someone's Son or Daughter!! After that - People are well People (Fred West had a father!!)

Edited by Martin56

1 minute ago, Martin56 said:

Everyone is someone's Son or Daughter!!

And once again we're not talking everyone I am talking yours, would you be so quick to bring it back if it meant the cost was to hang your own son or daughter despite them being innocent 

41 minutes ago, snakey1 said:

And once again we're not talking everyone I am talking yours, would you be so quick to bring it back if it meant the cost was to hang your own son or daughter despite them being innocent 

The difference is - I know my kids & the set of values I've taught them through me & my parents!!

It's all about setting lines not to be overstepped!!

My Kids are now Man & Woman & I have 7 grandchildren by them.

Once again - we're not talking these types are we!!  We are really talking about the Terrorists, Not forgetting Burglars & Career criminals!!

Edited by Martin56

6 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

The difference is - I know my kids & the set of values I've taught them through me & my parents!!

It's all about setting lines not to be overstepped!!

My Kids are now Man & Woman & I have 7 grandchildren by them.

Once again - we're not talking these types are we!!  We are really talking about the Terrorists & Arse Holes!!

and yet you still wont answer the question. What if the innocent that is killed due to bringing back the death penalty is one of your kids or grandkids ? mistakes happen even now is it a price your willing to happily pay?