BBC Wales, hmmm.

*Ant*

Been watching the Welsh Open snooker on the BBC Sport website.....could the Welsh be any more biased if they tried! Any other snooker tournament in the home nations that the BBC broadcast is hosted by Hazel Irvine (a Scot) with Stephen Hendry & Alan McManus (Scottish), Steve Davis & John Parrott (English), Ken Docherty & Dennis Taylor (Irish), Terry Griffiths (Welsh) and a few other names from aroung the UK & Ireland. Yet BBC Wales rips up that list and has a Welsh presenter (?) and drags out Darren Morgan and Dominic Dale (both Welsh) as their pundits....and all they talk about is the Welsh players and prioritise showing Welsh players matches. 

Could you imagine the outrage and fuss if the BBC did the same for the English tournaments. :D:D:D

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

What no welsh ,irish ,chinese or philipino LGBT commentators outrageous!

I forsee not so far in the future homegrown events or films with so many factions in it there would not be any ethnic people in it.

At least 250 lead characters representing every country in the world plus all colour variations in those countries plus all sexual preferences and every disability there is, just think what the good life would cost from 4 main characters to several thousand because we no longer can favour just one type! , football stadiums wouldn't have any onlookers the stands would be full of commentators!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's also on Eurosport 1, maybe you'll find the commentary a bit less Biased?? (Maybe not) Just finished watching the Coral World Grand Prix which ended Sunday so I'm a bit Snookered out right now & not really following this one!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Pool Hustlers like Jim Rempe & the like couldn't really "Cut a Rug" in the Snooker world. There's much more to Snooker than out & out potting!!

With respect - Jim would have struggled to be in the top 500 in today's game!!

I've been to a Snooker centre in Leeds recently, where 2 or 3, 12 - 14 year old kids could have given him something to think about!!

Edited by Martin56

50 minutes ago, Phone said:

Err?

Are those chaps Welch?

The highest an American player has ever reached in professional snooker was Jim Rempe, who was ranked 101st during the 1987-88 season.

Phone

Err, welch is when you don’t pay on a lost bet. 
Welsh is the proper name for taffys

I think.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I noticed that too Bob, but didn't want to be the spelling police lol.

Re Qld & Wales - quite like the sheep with Black Legs!! - Look like they're wearing "Stockings"!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, *Ant* said:

Been watching the Welsh Open snooker on the BBC Sport website.....could the Welsh be any more biased if they tried! Any other snooker tournament in the home nations that the BBC broadcast is hosted by Hazel Irvine (a Scot) with Stephen Hendry & Alan McManus (Scottish), Steve Davis & John Parrott (English), Ken Docherty & Dennis Taylor (Irish), Terry Griffiths (Welsh) and a few other names from aroung the UK & Ireland. Yet BBC Wales rips up that list and has a Welsh presenter (?) and drags out Darren Morgan and Dominic Dale (both Welsh) as their pundits....and all they talk about is the Welsh players and prioritise showing Welsh players matches. 

Could you imagine the outrage and fuss if the BBC did the same for the English tournaments. :D:D:D

You are not keeping up with trends Ant and are making assumptions.

How do you know that Darren Morgan does not self identify as a Scot. ?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

14 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

You are not keeping up with trends Ant and are making assumptions.

How do you know that Darren Morgan does not self identify as a Scot. ?

Jimmy White is also on the Eurosport 1, Welsh Open Snooker pundits panel!!