Who Needs The BBC??

Martin56

Let them go bust just like any other company who don't cut the Mustard!!

There's hundreds of other channels to cover their job!!

BBC Licence fee is now B******ks!!

More the BBC Managers who need to worry than the Celeb's!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Martin56 said:

..........but they're riddled with adverts: I couldn't face watching a TV where every programme had adverts.

The BBC has plenty of faults, but it's still one of the best out there, and there's no adverts, (too many bloody trailers though).

I find the bbc sickening that despite its claim of not advertising every so called celebrity crawls out of the woodwork to advertise their new film or book or sexual partner of the week!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 2/24/2020 at 2:27 AM, Martin56 said:

Let them go bust just like any other company who don't cut the Mustard!!

BBC Licence fee is now B******ks!!

More the BBC Managers who need to worry than the Celeb's!!

The trouble with the 'hundreds of others' is that over 90% are crap, or repeats. I always believed that an increase in number of TV stations, would mean a decrease in quality, and it's proven to be so. The trouble is, that it's brought the standard of the more traditional stations down nearer to that level, you just have to look at the shift towards so called, 'reality' TV. I agree that the beeb needs some restructuring, especially on the scale of salaries, and a more neutral political approach. But on the whole, I don't think paying a couple of quid a week for the TV that provides us with the fantastic wild life and nature programmes that the beeb do is that bad. That's not counting the radio stations, national, local, as well as international. 

The whole broadcasting media promotes a 'celeb' culture, and 'dumbs down' it's content to appeal to a significant section of todays viewers, so I would be sadden, but not surprised, to see the beeb go commercial. If it does then be prepared for even more programmed bias, slanted towards what the 'sponsors' are promoting, be that a product, or an idea. 

With 'repeats' in mind, then the Brexit thread would be the AN equivalent of Dave tv, and Davejavue, combined.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

1 hour ago, gozzer said:

The trouble with the 'hundreds of others' is that over 90% are crap, or repeats.

Crap, repeats, indoctrination and extremely biased political and news reporting just about sums up the BBC though.

Remember, you are paying for 14 TV channels, 26 national radio stations, 40 regional radio stations and a raft of web content.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Your also paying for channels you wont see on sky or mainstream uk tv and a whole host of foreign orientated radio programs few in this country will listen to!

As for political bias it shouldnt have a bias at all ,if its a mandatory tax on using a tv spread across the political and cultural spectrum of its users then it should stick firmly to not having an opinion at all on anything!

Its also racist ,if the netherlands and france can see it free then its picking on its watchers here that have to pay! Make it ppv and remove the tax and see just how quickly its legs are pulled from under it!

Its not that theres crop programs out there you just spend all night flicking through a couple of thousand channels looking for the good ones!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I did mention the political bias Ken, and the need for change and restructure, but I would rather put up with the BBC than the hundreds of hours of vacuous crap that has become the norm with the appearance of so many channels. It has, as I also mentioned, IMO caused the channels we had before, the BBC included, to sink to the same level of dross, that this commercial crap has brought with it. I struggle to find anything I feel worthwhile to watch on any station, but the level of crap provided by some of this 'fabulous choice' we've had foisted on us, is beyond belief.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

We have been looking at amazon prime 'tv' theres actually despite their telling you different very little available on it and nothing you cannot find free elswhere (if your prepared to spend ages finding working servers) its little more than a middle man to pay to see other ppv channels! Its worth the money though just in prime membership and next day delivery etc ,you pay £7.99 for next day on many retailers anyway !

I quite enjoyed a series called pennyworth ,its on prime but its not included in prime membership so i will find alternative options !

Edited by chesters1

As I've said before, I don't mind two TV channels and one or two radio stations but the BBC needs a massive culling, a dramatic cultural shift and a move to funding from direct taxation rather than the inefficient and unwieldy licence system.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:08 AM, gozzer said:

The trouble with the 'hundreds of others' is that over 90% are crap, or repeats.

I've got a little black book with my poems in.
Got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in.
When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone in.

I got elastic bands keepin my shoes on.
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of sh!t on the T.V. to choose from.
I've got electric light.
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home.

Excerpt from Nobody Home, from the album The Wall by Pink Floyd.

Didn't they get it right.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.