Soap And Water Is Best Re Corona virus.

Martin56

OK, so by now we've all seen the gov.com etc guidelines re hand washing.

I saw a TV medical program saying that the alcohol based gels also kill the GOOD bacteria on one's hands, therefore encouraging the BAD bacteria to reappear quicker.

Use Soap & Water whilst singing Happy Birthday Twice for the best hand washing method.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Where are you going to find a bowl of hot water and cake of soap walking out of a shop or bus?

You need to clean your hands before touching your face or eating food so hand cleansers have their place or you park your caravan in sainsburys car park

The other strange thing is the revelation face masks dont work ,so why are they mandatory in china ?...unless everyone wearing them is a carrier trying not to infect an invisible person without infection

I think if alcohol gel kills everything and a face mask catches one drop of infected sneeze is far better than doing nothing!

I have even began steralising parcels from china with propanol ,better safe than sorry and "experts" cannot decide how long the virus can live on inanimate objects (from 2 days to 24 i have read) so why take a chance ,propanol is cheap time is cheap ,i have always done more than needed why stop now?

Is there anything in soap powerful to kill virus anymore ? Coal tar soap doesnt have coal tar in it anymore and carbolic a shade of what it was ,some modern soap doesnt even have soap in it anymore! ,that brown muck surgeons clean their hands and arms with isnt blooming lifebuoy soap lol

I went to sainsbury yesterday ,noticed all the shelves containing wipes and "bug " killing spray were empty ,strangely all the bog rolls had vanished aswell ,do we all get the runs or do we have to wipe our arses for 20 seconds aswell? A fine siight outside the shop indeed!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1

The surfactant is the main active ingredient in any hand soap. Surfactants make the water "wetter".  Virus are not hard to kill or wash away. The problem is there may be billions in a healthy sneeze. If you want to overkill I would recommend DIAL ANTIBACTERIAL. The problem with antibacterial products is as Martin mentioned - all "germs" are not bad guys. Not sure how to take your "bug" comment. DO NOT apply insecticides to your body

Phone

I found a decent link to the use of personal protective equipment here

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html

It seems that the type of mask that I've seen most people wearing does less to protect the wearer from the virus, but more to protect everyone else from the wearer if they are already infected.

I've seen some strange and desperate things some people have done to prepare/prevent a possible infection. I went in a branch of Wilkos, and, like most other stores, they had run out of hand sanitizer. A woman was most indignant that she couldn't get any, and seeing a bottle beside the cashier said she'd buy that one. The cashier that it was hers, for her own use. The woman wouldn't accept that it wasn't for sale, and security had to be called. When she calmed down, it was explained that the cashier had bought it herself, because she was handling cash etc. The woman then said that she shouldn't have it on display, but hide it under the counter so as not to upset customers!

Another woman bought 68 rolls of toilet paper, 'in case she had to self isolate'. The woman behind her in the queue said, 'bugger toilet paper, if I have to isolate, my priority would be a case of gin, and as much chocolate as I could carry'.

Each time I go into a shop, different things seem to be missing, first it was hand gel, then antibacterial wipes, then hand wash, now toilet paper. 

I've just read that the FA are considering measures in regard future matches. They are considering, among other things, playing behind closed doors, and banning over 70s from attending matches! 

Starbucks banning the use of refillable cups, in case the 'baristas' get infected by handling something brought in by the general public. They haven't banned the use of cash, (handled by thousands of people), to pay for the coffee served in a paper cup though! Obviously they haven't heard of supplying gloves to their employees either.

It's a strange world, and the people in it are even stranger.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

As ALWAYS Gozzer, you name it, sugar shortage, coffee shortage, petrol shortage, etc etc, you name it, as soon as the media suggest the demand the public will cause the shortages.

I was at my local filling station during the last petrol one, like the vast majority of people on the Island I don’t use a lot of fuel but the forecourt staff were restricting or limiting purchase as they have to keep a ‘safe supply’ in reserve as all our emergency vehicles use local garages, I was chatting to the boss when a woman drove in and didn’t even manage to get one pound of petrol into her car before it was full. Couldn’t believe that she would bother especially as she probably used more fuel queuing to get onto the forecourt.

But with the current situation well, what can you say? I could understand if Coronavirus caused you to shite yourself to near death but how many bog rolls do you need? 

My local TV station did a question and answer session to “ease concerns!” I read through a few, things like “If I catch Coronavirus and get better can I catch it again?” Or better perhaps “If I catch it and am ok how many more times would I have to catch it before I died?l

I started to answer the second one with something along the lines of “It’s not like being shot or stabbed the more times you get hit the worse it gets!” but stopped.

Instead I wrote “I’m worried about toilet paper, in the past I have used bog roll to blow my nose when I’m out of tissues, and I see my local supermarket has low supplies of bog roll but loads of boxed tissues, so can I wipe my arse with tissues I would normally use to blow my nose? Secondly, is this the stupidest most idiotic thing that is written on here?”

They didn’t read my comments out on the TV show!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hand sanitising gel on public transport will be will be the next thing, the last thing buses want is to lose revenue for the sake of a squirt of a cheap safety measure - It's all about confidence & reassurance. Government could even enforce this!!!

They'll fix em' to the hand rails at point of entry with cable ties & drivers will have to change them as & when they're empty. (Maybe same on Railway carriages)

I think a drop of gel will push our bus out of service its already fully funded by the council so any excuse will be used to save the cost of running it lol

Cod hates me and my bus pass even though its only saving me £2.25 a week (cant use your pass before 9.30) but is happy to guzzle umpteen gallons of red diesel in his boat that costs the tax payer far more.

Even the mrs now pays her fare in the morning albeit reduced even the disabled chip in for cod to play captain clod  in his little boat

Why hasnt the government closed all the borders? Perhaps they WANT the elderly to die it will save a pretty penny paying all those pensions !

I emailed jeremy vine today (they were talking about stockpiling was it immoral)saying it should be law every household has at least one months survival stock and those without should be fined they chose not to read it out for some reason?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cod doesn't hate anybody chesters, & neither do you!!

He knows how to press your buttons -  And You know how to press His!!!

Edited by Martin56

8 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Hand sanitising gel on public transport will be will be the next thing,

In that situation there is at least the possibility to enforce its use: I took my wife to the Doctors yesterday  morning for a blood test. The entrance door is automatic, so no need to touch that, I walked through and used the hand sanitiser just inside the door and then queued behind one woman to use the touch screen to sign in, she finished using the touch screen and then used the hand sanitiser!

We sat and waited for my wife's call, (about five minutes), whilst there, I could see the entrance door and I watched eleven people come through, six went to the reception desk and left afterwards, five sat in the waiting room. Of those eleven people, one old boy used the hand sanitiser, but only on the way out, the rest didn't bother.

It's really no wonder these viruses spread so alarmingly when 99% of the population is so incredibly stupid and lazy.