Anyone Been Shopping Lately?

Elton

??

My other half texted me the other night, as she was stopping at Tesco and wanted to know what we actually needed.

"Just the essentials, love."

She came home with two punnets of grapes, some firelighters and a box of hair dye!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Did a big stock up at the end of January/beginning of February.

Bog paper, rice, pasta, curry and pasta sauces, beans, tinned meat and fish etc - all the stuff that was predictably going to run short.

Just been doing a normal shop since then and rotating the perishables like eggs, fresh onions and carrots.

My local supermarkets have pretty much been stripped bare but Asda did well with my weekly shop delivery yesterday - although there were a few absences and silly substitutions.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I managed to get out when the virus first broke, bought 1,500 rolls of bog paper and 150 bottles of hand sanitiser, thought I would be ok but my sister is coming to stay as she lives in a post office with her daughter’s family and it’s not a good environment for protecting her from infection, so I went out today to get some more bog roll and the shelves are empty, bloody idiot hoarders and panic buyers.

• Haha 4

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

2 hours ago, Elton said:

??

My other half texted me the other night, as she was stopping at Tesco and wanted to know what we actually needed.

"Just the essentials, love."

She came home with two punnets of grapes, some firelighters and a box of hair dye!

Well Elton, Grapes are good when visiting hospital, Fire lighters are good for pyromaniacs  & hair dye is good for changing one's Identity should one not want to be Identified as a "bloody idiot hoarder and panic buyer".

"People who viewed these items also purchased a length of rope and a wobbly stool".:headhurt:

• Haha 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Not been out for 3 weeks (as in shopping in town) been trying to get solpadeine max online to no avail (about the only thing i can take) even my daughter cannot get it and she works in a chemist!

Apart from that can last for months its a great excuse to use up the freezer contents! i think when things are back to normal i may rethink repackaging the new stock as the original packaging allows the contents to get freezer burn ,a vacuumed sealed bag would be better!

Made a nice loaf out of cotswold crunch today very nice! just wish i had stockpiled butter! Plenty of frozen marge but its not the same

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not seen tylenol on shelves here ,but does it contain codiene?

I like a pint of cider but my drugs must be a cocktail lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just got back from a ‘pensioners only’ hour at a local supermarket. There are some young looking ‘pensioners’ in our town! 

The usual no bog roll, uht milk, pasta, tissues, etc. They are rationing some stuff though, only three bread items, 3 milk, and surprisingly only four tins  of vegetables  per customer. It seems that they have started rationing cigs. One poor chap had to make do with only buying 400. When I heard the price of over £200, I was glad I packed up five years ago. 

On a slightly lighter note, it seems that the research into covid19 has produced some interesting side results. Over the years we have had Hong Kong flu, Spanish flu, Asian flu, etc. Now it appears that the strange driving habits of some drivers of Audi’s, BMW’s, Merc’s, etc, is caused by a disease called German carowner virus.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

DOH!?

It sewms people have gone onto a tissue paper diet!

The food situation would be as normal if people had sim

Ply carried on as normal, infact there would most likely be too much as when your no feeling well you don't exactly feel like eating!

The amount of food which is going to be wasted is criminal, although the shops won't be complaining!!

• Like 1