Anyone Been Shopping Lately?

Elton

11 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Not been out for 3 weeks (as in shopping in town) been trying to get solpadeine max online to no avail (about the only thing i can take) even my daughter cannot get it and she works in a chemist!

Apart from that can last for months its a great excuse to use up the freezer contents! i think when things are back to normal i may rethink repackaging the new stock as the original packaging allows the contents to get freezer burn ,a vacuumed sealed bag would be better!

Made a nice loaf out of cotswold crunch today very nice! just wish i had stockpiled butter! Plenty of frozen marge but its not the same

Solpadeine max is just Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) and caffeine.

You're as bad as my dad who insisted for years that "Anadin" was the only painkiller that worked for him.

Tylenol is the same stuff too.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

14 hours ago, Elton said:

??

My other half texted me the other night, as she was stopping at Tesco and wanted to know what we actually needed.

"Just the essentials, love."

She came home with two punnets of grapes, some firelighters and a box of hair dye!

Oh, forgot to say, what hair colour have you decided on Elton.?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

Solpadeine max is just Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) and caffeine.

You're as bad as my dad who insisted for years that "Anadin" was the only painkiller that worked for him.

Tylenol is the same stuff too.

Your dads presumptions have been passed down ,google again

Plain solpadeine, plus and max

Your talking to mr thrifty remember if it were plain paracetamol i would be buying it at less than 50p ,unfortunately solpadeine max is very expensive but to bolster my measerly 100 x30mg codeing tabs a month i take 2 solpadein  max and 1 codeine doubling its term ,just 4mg less than cocodamol 500/30 i like the fizzy ones ,strangely the tablet form is cheaper but has two less in it! So the difference worth getting the fizzy ones which work quicker

Unfortunately my diabetes brought pain in my feet (been coming on long before it was diagnosed) perhaps this food shortage would help me slim it away ?,.....,....no just taken a delivery again this morning inc 4 mystery parcels we wont be running out of soy sauce and mustard for decades lol got dog food aswell but the foxes will welcome that

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The over the counter one is paracetamol and caffeine. The prescription one is the same as a cheap generic co-codalmol 30/500.

OK, so they might do a fizzy version but that's not going to get the drugs into your system more than a minute or two quicker. 

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Its over the counter 500/12.8 in chemists no script needed ,as for fizzy they do work quicker believe me

Even fizzy paracetamol work quicker ,fairly cheap in savers etc but not the same price as tablets ofcourse you pay for the extra ingrediants even if they are cheap

Cocodamol is also available in 500/8 over the counter in chemists but the few extra miligrams are worth the extra to save my prescription codiene (30mg)

My mrs coco 500/30 fizzy ones work even quicker as the codiene doesnt have to break down from tablet form like my codiene ,noticably quicker !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Got a knock on the door and a young woman asked if I was Bob.After replying that I am that person, she told me that she had some dunny fodder for me...What???

turned out it was my "daughter" who asked on Facebook if anyone in my area could send me some rolls...Katie lives a thousand km from me and was worried I would not get any from Mackay...The young lady and I had a good giggle and then she handed me 4 rolls.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Blimey ,i wouldnt go ten  miles to deliver anything !a 100 and i would need a fortnights holiday to prepare for the trip back!

The good thing about facebook ,twitter and messenger is i am not on it!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

Got a knock on the door and a young woman asked if I was Bob.After replying that I am that person, she told me that she had some dunny fodder for me...What???

turned out it was my "daughter" who asked on Facebook if anyone in my area could send me some rolls...Katie lives a thousand km from me and was worried I would not get any from Mackay...The young lady and I had a good giggle and then she handed me 4 rolls.

Just so long as you don't have to wipe your bum on some of the slightly fury leaves on the trees in your neck of the woods.

Edited by Ken L
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Oh, forgot to say, what hair colour have you decided on Elton.?

Well, I hope they weren't lying when they said blondes have more fun... ?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

4 hours ago, Bobj said:

Just for you Bob

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+ballad+of+dunny+roll&view=detail&mid=EE1E62EAFBE5AF6BE1BAEE1E62EAFBE5AF6BE1BA&FORM=VIRE

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Haha 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John