Coronavirus

Elton

Not linking to this story then?

Hundreds of thousands of counterfeit medical masks are being peddled as the world grapples with the coronavirus crisis, The Independent can reveal.

The fake masks are often made in unsterile sweatshops previously used to make phoney handbags or designer jeans.

Producers are labelling their wares with fake brand names of well-known medical supply companies such as 3M, according to medical supply industry sources, law enforcement officials and photographic evidence obtained by this publication.

They even forge “CE” certification stamps and documents that purport to attest to European standards in the same way they used to forge Ralph Lauren or Gucci labels on shirts and purses.

Photos obtained by the Independent showed workers in Turkish textile factories stitching together medical masks in conditions that experts described as unsterile and substandard. Turkish police on Tuesday seized1 million masks and arrested five people in a raid on a sweatshop making unauthorised medical supplies in Istanbul.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Half the tat i buy direct from china has the CE mark its meaningless lol even highly dangerous "UK" plugs have them ,they dont have the correct size plug which makes touching the pins very easy ,some have self defeating earth pins or no fuse but they have this prestigeous CE mark !

If theres money to be made it will be faked bunging on two letters like 3m will get even more money

The NHS unlike care homes have to buy from "accredited" suppliers either they are trusted to supply fully complient (with hygiene or specific NHS requirements i dont know) or the brown envelope to whoever buys them is bigger is unknown you cant just drop a bunch of stuff off and they will use it .

My mrs had terrible indegestion and asked me to bring in some milk of magnesia ,because i had already opened the bottle i couldnt hand it over ,if they are that fussy i doubt mrs miggins knocking up some dodgy but well intended masks is going no-where but the skip

This is one of the plugs on an ebay sale so not even direct from china from an uk source so even worse

Its has a BS number (in this case bullshit number) no fuse the earth pin doesnt connect to earth once plugged i  no fuse in the plug ,no fuse in the item so even more dangerous ,you can just see the E of CE by the earth pin .i rewired it and fitted an internal fuse and one in the real uk plug ! If they dont bother making sure people are safe with an item about £50 they aint going to bother with a cheap bit of paper,fabric from unknown sources  and a bit of elastic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eelkib6yxmtvik9/IMG_20180916_120430.jpg?dl=0

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes Chesters, but you and I are not stupid enough to buy goods from China and then use those items without checking them.

Some seem to advocating just that! 

I wish the guardian or whatever would publish a few more of the good stories, such as the BA aircrew who have just completed a 28 hours return flight to China and back with a 777 loaded with PPE.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

If army buyers buy metal detectors that dont detect metal then they will buy any crap and it will be the end user getting the problem ,buyers are stupid they rarely get punished for stupidity so carry on being stupid ,whoever introduced single use gowns was stupid just to save laundering them was for money reasons not for sense!

Just think how much it costs to get rid of them a great deal of them will be classed as hazardous so will need expensive means of disposing of them ,no doubt sold and disposed of by some relation to a manager or big wig

Newspapers prefer to print negatives with very little reality in it so idiots think its completely real and put it on social media enhancing and prolonging it ,usualy a "source" or someone "close" gives it credance when its just some reporter dreaming it up to give the imprsession hes doing a job

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

CORY,

Many of those viral diseases have political names unrelated to the science.  Smallpox - Rabies  - the one associated with mouse poop (I forget?) and of course, SPANISH FLU that came from the good old USA. Look at all the SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome )species that have later picked up"political" names.. I forget all the common names attached to that one that spread throughout the United Kingdom cattle industry.

What really bugs me about this thread is your seemingly lack of tolerance; unwillingness and refusal to tolerate or respect opinions or beliefs contrary to your own. Your overt unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect persons of a different  political persuasion  more than borders on distress tolerance, a long time risk factor for various forms of psychopathology (e.g., substance use, anxiety, mood, and personality disorders). Frankly, my perception of you is an occasional shot at others  and the regular Cephalopoda thread. One of only a few I would like to share a pint with.

Phone

10 hours ago, Phone said:

Frankly, my perception of you is an occasional shot at others 

My psychopathology is an allergy to bullshit.
If you don't want me to take a shot at you for saying dumb-assed things, don't say dumb-assed thingd.

I like a good IPA.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

ANYONE whos "politics" entails fawning oveer tis piece of walking human garbage deserves all that is coming to him.

Of course to some it just can't be true. It is on MSNBC. To them know that when Trump is on MSNBC it is not him speaking. Some Communist has his fist up his ass and is using him as a ventriloquist's dummy.

I don't really care about politics. I only care if whether or not they are correct. Very few politicians cna demonstrate the things they say are correct.

Tell me Phone. What do you think the generation of Americans who voted for Dwight D. Eisenhower to be their President would think of the buffon that is currently in the White House?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why?

All you will get is "lessons will be learnt" which they won't be and on to the next question

If those not doing their jobs we're publically flogged , sacked and their goods seized leaving them destitute they probably would learn a lesson or two AND remember it!

Edited by chesters1

Cory,

TRUMP is a capitalist. The sole purpose of capitalism is "increase wealth".  His nature is not that of a politician who's sole purpose is the "organized control over a human community". The two will never have a common purpose. Odd or very clever of you to choose Eisenhower.  in January 1957 the Eisenhower Doctrine hoped to protect the Middle East from the influence of the U.S.S.R. , while also containing the rise of Arab nationalism. (IMO total flop). Domestically, he was an old school REPUBLICAN. I would compare him to Bill CLINTON.

As for the other topic THE FIRST RULE OF THE DUNNING-KRUGER CLUB IS YOU DON’T KNOW YOU’RE A MEMBER OF THE DUNNING-KRUGER CLUB. Some 65 percent of the greater English population believe they’re more intelligent than average.

I'll leave it at that.

Phone

• Confused 1