Coronavirus

Elton

Sexist beast! Yes the frame appears to be a girls frame so her dress covers her knees so  old codgers dont have heart attacks seeing female flesh ,today though its a frame favoured in holland who are the eropean cycling experts lol

Asides that are you sure its for girls ?

,even that little engine flat out would make what is basically  a bicycle hair raising on gravel or sharp corners and especially trying to stop!

Its what we used to call a moped ,not seen any for a while i must say

You can buy chinese add on engines for bikes ,illegal here but off road ok but your still using crap brakes not designed for speeds over 15? Mph

My sons first MC was a moped ,spent a few hours getting it going and safe and he spent several more destroying it flying up and down the ally and offroading in the fields with his sisters !

Before the electric bike took off i fitted a Sinclair electric motor (yes clive sinclair!) To her bike (or rather two as they had no bearings so wore out well before the warrenty did) for what it was it did ok and allowed her to ride uphill not just down hill ,us chesters1 are ahead of the times lol

Just incase people think i am bullshining (some only believe thing if it has a link for some reason) heres a link

https://rk.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/vehicles/zeta.htm

I am sure i didnt pay that much or rather hopefully i didnt pay that much!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, corydoras said:

Shaft drives have many advantages.

The lambretta LD shaft snapped in our winters ,modern ones are thicker .

Must be great to own vintage vehicles nowadays bits are far easier to find than pre www days.

I bought all the zundapp spares from one shop in the 70s and wonder if i still had them what they would be worth now ,had to sell it eventually for its number plates as i couldnt source a piston now your falling over them!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, chesters1 said:

The lambretta LD shaft snapped in our winters ,modern ones are thicker .

Must be great to own vintage vehicles nowadays bits are far easier to find than pre www days.

I bought all the zundapp spares from one shop in the 70s and wonder if i still had them what they would be worth now ,had to sell it eventually for its number plates as i couldnt source a piston now your falling over them!

Should have tried this place. If they don't have a piston they will make one.

https://www.pistoncomponents.co.uk/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes now you can lol but unless you knew someone who knew about them it was hard in the 70's

The biggest place back then in bus radius was a pukka piston retailer but they sold their last zundapp pistons a decade before and had nothing suitable to replace it .

The piston originally needed new rings but i couldnt source 2mm rings so had the slots enlarged to use 2.5mm ones which were available ,i think the chap enlarging them had clamped the piston to hard in the lathe as a month later it blew a hole in it and rendered the bike scrap ,got £800 for it as the number plate was collectable

Edited by chesters1

I guess so. P&C have been around for a long time. Older than me I think and I am 60.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Unless they advertised in a magazine or what car etc no -one outside their area would know .

The company i tried was well known in the area but i never spotted any adverts so it was word of mouth ,dont know anyone in Glasgow lol

Exchange & Mart I think. Remeber that?

Yes ,hard work reading though the adverts for most things were tiny and obscure ,plenty of big adverts for number plates and sealy tools thinking back.

Managed to source a refurbed engine for a reliant regal but hours of phoning ,i hate phones today its far easier with email

I got a cylinder head for my Datsun Cherry. Exchange and Mart was a Poole company.