Coronavirus

Elton

Just looking at the statistics being thrown at us everyday by the media and looking at some of the stories, and stories is a bloody good description of them from the same.

There was a Sky News live report from Bolton where the A&E were asking people not to attend for a test as they were being overwhelmed. Cut to some 15 year old lad who had just got a test and was obviously in need of total sympathy because he had to now wait for the result of his test before he could go back to School and continue to take his exams, he HAD TO DESPERATELY take a test because he had a new persistent cough and could not go to School and sit his exams until the test result, me, I had to rely on the dog ate my papers!

Best thing was, despite this new persistent cough, he didn’t even cough once whilst talking to the reporter, despite the fact that the same media tell us that the coronavirus cough is like attempting to cough your lungs up!

I looked at the data, for the last ten days the number of people tested has been well in excess of 200,000 per day.

The number of positive tests is in the order of high 2,000 to low 3,000 per day.

That means, quite simply that less than 1% of people getting a test have the disease.

FFS, What is wrong with people, I could, possibly understand if there was a ‘cure’ or a medication that assists in recovery but there is none.

If you have symptoms get a test, if positive go home and isolate, if you have symptoms go home and isolate.

What the feck does the test do for you?

Nothing.

What it definitely does do is allow the Politicians to play the ‘how high can you **** up this wall game’ that so many on here like to play.

edit; I should add that one of my grandchildren woke up with a temperature last week, as kids do of that age, my Daughter ‘phoned in for advice and got a test for her 3 year old that she was told would be ‘not conclusive’ with a two mile journey and home within thirty minutes.

Carry on U.K. media, just understand that ‘everybody’ is not going to believe you, except clod who will continue to post his links, here is a sobering thought, Clod is representative of 1% of the U.K. populace...

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Dog ate my homework never worked for me ,a slipper or tawse taken on behalf of this dog eventually made sure the imaginary offending dog and more imaginary homework never occurred in the same room!

The unions will insist on the poor teachers getting their full due of holidays but the lost time could easly be made up cutting down the holidays both this year and especially next years summer holiday.Last year the local school had two 'insett?" Days a day after the summer holiday finished despite the fact they could have it in the holiday thus not effecting the kids at all! There is also this incistance more time in school is needed to educate kids out of this appalling education they now have ,its teaching quality not time that does it! Next we will be educating the unborne up to the late 20's and still the buggers will be idiots ,better not longer!

As to the' results' of the tests they didnt take the kids will see the wisdom of their teachers 'overestimation' of the teachers hard (non-existent)'work in the lockdown in the jobcentre when reality bites leaving school

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

6 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Dog ate my homework never worked for me ,a slipper or tawse taken on behalf of this dog eventually made sure the imaginary offending dog and more imaginary homework never occurred in the same room!

The unions will insist on the poor teachers getting their full due of holidays but the lost time could easly be made up cutting down the holidays both this year and especially next years summer holiday.Last year the local school had two 'insett?" Days a day after the summer holiday finished despite the fact they could have it in the holiday thus not effecting the kids at all! There is also this incistance more time in school is needed to educate kids out of this appalling education they now have ,its teaching quality not time that does it! Next we will be educating the unborne up to the late 20's and still the buggers will be idiots ,better not longer!

As to the' results' of the tests they didn't take the kids will see the wisdom of their teachers 'overestimation' of the teachers hard (non-existent)'work in the lockdown in the jobcentre when reality bites leaving school

Bugger knows why replying to the topic quotes me?

Anyway america is just as confused as we see in this obvious real life scenario

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

Re visiting in care homes - Husbands/Wives haven't been allowed to see each other save from maybe through outside windows for over 6 Months!!

Christ, these places are charging enough & making huge profits - £800 to £1400 pw AND some being typical. (per customer)

You'd think a bit of perspex between some of the lounge chairs or something would be possible!! or even chaperoned/supervised by staff by appointment only. Many of these wonderful couples fought for everything we have today.

PS - I get the Dementia thing!! & some of the difficulties - Mam died in a care home last October aged 93 - & don't get me wrong, she was well loved & looked after by all the staff.

It's the tightfisted shareholders that P*ss me off. 

Shareholders have enjoyed great times pre Covid (the residents don't eat much & most, sleep most of the time) - Time they put something back in!! 

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Maybe I'm Naive?? 

Rishi Sunak MP is talking about borrowing huge sums of money!! so where is the money coming from??

Who's got the money to lend??

Every country in the world must be in the same boat by now!!

Just print more money or barter chickens for oranges!!

Edited by Martin56

Wade Newman re this morning's BBC Breakfast TV - owner of 3 care homes = Raking it in!!

Edited by Martin56