Coronavirus

Elton

8 hours ago, Ken L said:

Well, this isn't entirely unexpected:

"Your coronavirus test result is positive. It means it’s likely you had the virus when the test was done.

You must self-isolate immediately for 10 days".

Still feels like a cold at the moment.

Best wishes for a fast recovery Ken. I myself did a postal test two weeks ago last monday. Still haven't had any results back, so god knows what happened to that. Luckily I guess it was just a regular winter cough rather than Covid, still got the bugga though. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

5 hours ago, *Ant* said:

Best wishes for a fast recovery Ken. I myself did a postal test two weeks ago last monday. Still haven't had any results back, so god knows what happened to that. Luckily I guess it was just a regular winter cough rather than Covid, still got the bugga though. 

Get yourself to a walk/drive in testing site.

I was the only one there when I went to the one in Kidderminster and got the results 36 hours latter.

It takes about 5 - 10 minutes in total, but you do have to go through the rather tedious and poorly designed on-line booking procedure first.

For me, I'm now on day 4 of symptoms and for me at least, it's no worse than a mild to moderate cold - others aren't so lucky.

If I remember rightly, you'e in South Staffs - so Kidderminster or Dudley would probably be your local centres.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I had a look on  google for test centers ,theres 3 north of me but it appears if you live in haselmere your buggered! Long long walk or bicycle ride there!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

27 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I had a look on  google for test centers ,theres 3 north of me but it appears if you live in haselmere your buggered! Long long walk or bicycle ride there!

One of the options when you go on the .gov site is for a postal test.

Ant's post suggests that there might be a few issues, but I'm sure the majority will work just fine.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Denmark? Bans all flights from Dubai due to fake corona tests (its falling apart already)

10 million doses of vaccine could arrive in turkey by end of week

Germany deaths now over 50,000, 859 in last 24hrs

EU decides to keep internal borders open ,shutting them would stop schengen so they are buggered by their own rules.

EU wants corona passport but Belgium mp (botenga)points out it would be against human rights yet another own rule buggering them up!

France preparing for total lockdown mrk3 

Hungary first EU country to buy Sputnic v (so much for EU unity) also in talks about chinese version aswell EU miffed countries are looking after themselves

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Denmark? Bans all flights from Dubai due to fake corona tests (its falling apart already)

10 million doses of vaccine could arrive in turkey by end of week

Germany deaths now over 50,000, 859 in last 24hrs

EU decides to keep internal borders open ,shutting them would stop schengen so they are buggered by their own rules.

EU wants corona passport but Belgium mp (botenga)points out it would be against human rights yet another own rule buggering them up!

France preparing for total lockdown mrk3 

Hungary first EU country to buy Sputnic v (so much for EU unity) also in talks about chinese version aswell EU miffed countries are looking after themselves

I seem to remember France and Germany impounding lorries loaded with PPE and bound for the UK, so the pot appears to be calling the kettle black.

A German dominated Europe where you are expected to carry your papers.... Well, that's certainly a novel idea!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

One of the options when you go on the .gov site is for a postal test.

Ant's post suggests that there might be a few issues, but I'm sure the majority will work just fine.

My nearest towns post office did have a "severe outbreak" of the new variant a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have any post delivered in the village for 5 days as the posties were all off sick, poor buggers. I'm guessing that's how my postal test has gotten lost. 

The government briefing was a sombre affair today with these new variants seeming to be more deadly. I fear we still have a very long time to go before things start getting better. :(

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

1 hour ago, *Ant* said:

My nearest towns post office did have a "severe outbreak" of the new variant a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have any post delivered in the village for 5 days as the posties were all off sick, poor buggers. I'm guessing that's how my postal test has gotten lost. 

The government briefing was a sombre affair today with these new variants seeming to be more deadly. I fear we still have a very long time to go before things start getting better. :(

The important question though is "how are you now"?

Hong kong locks down district for compulsory testing

Lebanon extends lockdown by 2 weeks

Astrazeneca says to EU it cannot supply vaccine (at previously thought rate?) Due to production difficulties