Coronavirus

Elton

There we are the swerve ,typical clod reaction when his bias is shown ,he says the tories are corrupt ,the labour party is shown to be exactly they same so he changes the subject hoping no-one sees the truth.

You were on about corona contracts ,brexit is the other thread!

I admire your stamina for a person to have shot his foot so many times then put its in his mouth most would have realised how stupid they looked and retired years ago .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hugh,

Ludicrous, of course it is the same in the US. It is the same the world over this is a nitch industry 

Medacs' parent company Impellam has 14 brand companies in 106 locations worldwide all focused on staff recruitment. Mostly temporary and mostly in healthcare

Procurement reference CF-0054300D0O000000rwimUAA1

AWARDED DEC 2020 anyone is welcome to read it

MEDAC was the only domestic bidder that offered a positive position for hiring ENGLISHMEN first. Low bidder was a company I've never heard of from Bangladesh. There people would require customs and immigration vetting.

COD would probably rather seen the foreign firm than an English company who happen to be Tory's.

Phone

PS - as you know I am a liberal. I had to count to 10 three times before posting something nasty about your form of liberalism.

Edited by Phone

Anti corona lockdown riots in the Netherlands dying down

EU insisting they need to control exports of vaccine (more anti UK punishment on the horizon?) Luckily we make some here!

Germany ramping up production of FFp2 masks ,opening for uk to do the same!

Tripoli riots over lock downs

France deaths 612

Germany 492

Astrazenica pulls out of meeting with EU over delays ,perhaps they dont like the EU taking charge of companies exports ? Update now it says its later today (EU threats?) The EU is whining the UK got its order vaccine before the EU despite the fact the EU didnt order it until 3 months after we did !

Belgium stopping most of schengen travel making the EU miffed again because it varies from the EU rules introduced last year

Sanofi teaming up with AstraZeneca  to produce pfizer vaccine ,you can bet your bottom dollar we wont get any of those!

South korea having big problems vaccinating against covid due to fears of safety and lack of testing following 108 people died after taking the flue jab last year

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 1/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, chesters1 said:

There we are the swerve ,typical clod reaction when his bias is shown ,he says the tories are corrupt ,the labour party is shown to be exactly they same so he changes the subject hoping no-one sees the truth.

I admire your stamina for a person to have shot his foot so many times then put its in his mouth most would have realised how stupid they looked and retired years ago .

Cronyism a very interesting word !! next you will be telling me this government has best record  with covid when it has practically the worse on financial cost to our economy and death rates the whole thing is just horrendously bad .

LONDON — When the pandemic exploded in March, British officials embarked on a desperate scramble to procure the personal protective equipment, ventilators, coronavirus tests and other supplies critical to containing the surge. In the months following those fevered days, the government handed out thousands of contracts to fight the virus, some of them in a secretive “V.I.P. lane” to a select few companies with connections to the governing Conservative Party.

To shine a light on one of the greatest spending sprees in Britain’s postwar era, The New York Times analyzed a large segment of it, the roughly 1,200 central government contracts that have been made public, together worth nearly $22 billion. Of that, about $11 billion went to companies either run by friends and associates of politicians in the Conservative Party, or with no prior experience or a history of controversy. Meanwhile, smaller firms without political clout got nowhere.

This lot are rotten to the core not just a mere 100s of millions it was a billions and billions give away of tax payers money .

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/17/world/europe/britain-covid-contracts.html

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

In New Zealand a woman on return from a visit to Europe went into ‘monitored quarantine’ (I think that’s the same as the hotel scheme) after ten days and taking two tests, both negative, was allowed to return home.

Two days after the second negative test she developed symptoms and tested positive for CV.

I expect if the NZ govt. change policy to make the quarantine period 14 days some loud mouthed people will start shouting about u turns.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

53 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Cronyism next you will be telling me this government has best record  with covid when it has practically the worse on financial cost to our economy and death rates the whole thing is horrendous.

LONDON — When the pandemic exploded in March, British officials embarked on a desperate scramble to procure the personal protective equipment, ventilators, coronavirus tests and other supplies critical to containing the surge. In the months following those fevered days, the government handed out thousands of contracts to fight the virus, some of them in a secretive “V.I.P. lane” to a select few companies with connections to the governing Conservative Party.

To shine a light on one of the greatest spending sprees in Britain’s postwar era, The New York Times analyzed a large segment of it, the roughly 1,200 central government contracts that have been made public, together worth nearly $22 billion. Of that, about $11 billion went to companies either run by friends and associates of politicians in the Conservative Party, or with no prior experience or a history of controversy. Meanwhile, smaller firms without political clout got nowhere.

This lot are rotten to the core not just a mere 100s of millions it was a billions and billions give away of tax payers money .

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/17/world/europe/britain-covid-contracts.html

What would you have done?

Only asking because the slow, methodical committee based approach to procurement favoured by your EU friends seems to be copping quite a bit of stick when it comes to vaccines.

More importantly, what policy measures do you think we should be implementing right now?

Hindsight is 20/20.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

23 minutes ago, Ken L said:

What would you have done?

Only asking because the slow, methodical committee based approach to procurement favoured by your EU friends seems to be copping quite a bit of stick when it comes to vaccines.

More importantly, what policy measures do you think we should be implementing right now?

Hindsight is 20/20.

So if something isn’t working you change course  that’s unless your this government ans continue with the worlds worst death rate and biggest economic hit .
How many we let in Ken since last February do you know Ken the figure I would say it’s over 31million and still they come !!! Is that  incompetence or not being exactly where we are .

lockdowns to little to late NOW we pay the price the damage is done incompetence or bad luck incompetence more like .

So can you tell me why Ken in your wisdom why we have the worst death rate and worst economic hit in Europe.Is it by chance or incompetence I don’t make the decisions but if it was me with over 100,000 deaths and another 1700+ today under my name I would do the honourable thing and resign and say I failed,  how about you Ken .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

12 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So if something isn’t working you change course  that’s unless your this government ans continue with the worlds worst death rate and biggest economic hit .
How many we let in Ken since last February do you know Ken the figure I would say it’s over 31million and still they come !!! Is that  incompetence or not being exactly where we are .

lockdowns to little to late NOW we pay the price the damage is done incompetence or bad luck incompetence more like .

So can you tell me why Ken in your wisdom why we have the worst death rate and worst economic hit in Europe.Is it by chance or incompetence I don’t make the decisions but if it was me with over 100,000 deaths under my name I world resign and say I failed how about you .

If our lockdowns were "too little too late", why did the Labour Party continually call measures to restrict flights from China "racist" in the early stages of the pandemic and then, once a lockdown was imposed on 23 March, why was Starmer demanding a lockdown exit strategy as early as April?

You keep making these silly claims about death rates and even though you are told time and time again that you are wrong, you still keep spouting the same crap. Why?

Gibraltar, San Marino, Belgium and Slovenia all have a higher per capita death rate than the UK.

As for economic impact, no, not the worst there either.

As for what I would have done, I would have followed the Swedish model, with minimal restrictions and simply told people what they need to do to stay safe - You know, treat them like grown ups.

Yes, there would have been more deaths, but the economy would be in better shape.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

He excells at repeating his headlines and opinion despite being shown its untrue ,unfortunately things with low intellect go round in many circles until it sinks in ,its taken 4 years so far but still they keep coming ,that stuck record just keeps going round .

Nice to see his concern not! Just the usual having a go at the tories despite beeing told labour has voted for everything voted on so are just as much to blame

Hopefully one day (hopefully just for one day) we get a labour government then poor poor cod couldnt whine and snivel like a child but i expect even then he would find some tory to blame hes obsessed and needs medical help

Anyway you didnt answer about where your off on holiday this year ,spain ,italy? Need those cheap fags you know

Edited by chesters1

On 1/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, chesters1 said:

Labour millions tories billions and billions shocking isn’t it , if your going to do it big  do it massive do it Tory style .have you seen the figures or do you just ignore them or just swerving away from the  facts ..

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg