Coronavirus

Elton

Managed to get a carb kit for my mazda 323 gt in there ,all you have to do is keep looking ,now you type it in and get disapointed much quicker

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If you want to get your own back, try pizzing against the wind...

It was a real beast, occasionally it would go quicker than my mates on pushbikes but only if the nipples didn’t separate from the cables which happened with monotonous frequency!

It cost me £8, I well remember because insurance was twice that at £16, as Chesters said, it wasn’t very fast but considering putting your feet on the ground was more effective than the brakes it was probably a safety feature and the lights wouldn’t attract a moth from more than a foot away...

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I found honda 90's very strange especially as the japs were up the top for electronics ,believe it or not despite the electric start version having a battery all the lights worked of the generator ,if you had a foggy night or driving rain you slowed down as you slowed the lights got worse!

I changed mine to run off the battery which made them bright at all speeds ,such a simple thing seemed to escape the designers of the worlds most selling bike?!?

I dont know if the non electric ones had batteries ,if not it made sense but it wasnt hard to have a different wiring loom for the more expensive version ,at least it wasnt like my daughters chinese crap its wires colours change at every junction and it had 7 types of cdi boxes to pick from and no way to find out if it was missing which one fitted

Forgot about nipples lol ,two types one with a screw to hold the wire one that used solder ,safer to use the screw one then solder it lol

Cheaper than the proper ones for the bike and easier to fit ,in emergencies  you could use that coated wire you hang curtains on and a pushbike cable and nipple which gave you enough time to buy the proper stuff before it rusted

It must be strange to post www kids where you had to GO to get parts ,the local official scooter place was at camberley near the elephant the only other place was at godalming ,ones long gone the other still exists ,haha Ernies was the camberley one not though of that name for 40 years

There was even an official reliant seller in north camp ,still sells cars but all have 4 wheels now ,i liked my reliant regal the dread of death at every corner if you put your foot down made you appreciate life!

Chesters1 top tip dont steam clean the engine ,you will be misted up inside for weeks !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Confucious says he who pisses into wind gets his own back, beware!

Strange but not unusual the topic has meandered from one form of early death to another

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 9:54 AM, chesters1 said:

Hoorah ,thats great ,wish her well from your tame contrarian and yourself of course sir

Still no response to PM sent to vagabond

He just popped up!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Might be worth checking you have a month or mores food stashed away safely ,the virus appears to be on the increase again (excuse for a paaartyyyyy?)

I just went through my flour stocks and checked and ordered 16kg of Manitoba  flour ,not as good for you as spelt but 50/50 makes a great loaf .By friday when it arrives i should be back up to 4 months supply .I pack it in brown paper bags in about 8 cups worth (two loaves) and then vaccuum seal them as they are stored in a cupboard in the shed .

My usual sources of' best by 'food has either dried up or got silly realising hoarders are more in number and raised their prices two or 3 fold taking away the point of using them but obviously some people dont care and just grab it so the prices stay high. 

Before we found Prime now we used about a third of our original stockpile so the older stuff was used (some late 2016 and all 2017 and some 2018) and i have been restocking by buying twice what i need of basic canned veg etc so doubling my hoard of them every two weeks .

Grab your isopropanol while you can as its starting to climb again ,its better than bleach to steralise everything coming through the door (keep your bleach for wiping down kitchens and bathrooms) and to add to liquid soap to clean your hands ,dont bother with the minimum 70% get the 99% stuff  with a bit of glycerine its as good a hand sanitiser than you need .

We have had a huge supply of tomatoes this year ,surprisingly the ones in the greenhouse have been bad whilst the overspill in boxes in the garden have gone mad ,as they ripen i dry them in our dehydrator and bag them in a cupful or so and vaccuum seal them and put them in the freezer for use in soups or stews ,got a score of bags of french beans aswell but they are over now the mrs missed a few on the bushes and they ripened and the plants thought their work was done and stopped growing ,they may come back now i found them lol

So far i think 'we' have got off fairly lightly despite the 40 odd thousand deaths been out of the village 3 times and always masked it will be strange going back to normal if it ever ends ,unfortunately most of the blame is down to selfish millenials ignoring the risk and ofcourse the government not banning people coming here  the instant they new about it or in 1903 as i suggested .

Inhave been on my back for almost a month with bad feet ,unfortunately "online" consultations are useless the doctor prescribed drugs for gout despite me insisting it is not and after insisting i saw a doctor face to face (my third trip from the village) the xrays i had taken cleverly 'disapeared' in the hundred feet or so from doc to xray dept i am still in pain and totter about like a 90 year old with no idea what the problem is  lol

Keep safe winter is coming ! (No not GOT)

I am about halfway to the problems you list ,shall I go for the full set or none? Full is easiest none is impossible because some are linked to it but solely its not the cause of it

Plenty of people with arthritis and of 'normal' weight ,same for hypertension and gout etc.In getting my last apnea session its a mixed waiting room but you can spot the apnea patients by the supplied bag the machines are supplied in ,it surprised me all were not old fat geezers like myself but normal weight people as well ,weight is a factor but not a sole factor

Edited by chesters1