Coronavirus

Elton

3 hours ago, corydoras said:

SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus, COVID-19 is the name of the disease. In a similar vein HIV is the virus AIDS is the disease.

Weird how it's not named after the location where it originated - like MERS, Ebola, Zika, West Nile Virus, Marburg Virus and others.

It's almost as if the communist head of the WHO is helping the communist government of China to save face.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

Weird how it's not named after the location where it originated - like MERS, Ebola, Zika, West Nile Virus, Marburg Virus and others.

It's almost as if the communist head of the WHO is helping the communist government of China to save face.

I thought viruses are given names by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses?

Zika virus was first isolated in 1947, one year before the WHO was formed

Edited by corydoras
Zika

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

1 hour ago, corydoras said:

I thought viruses are given names by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses?

Zika virus was first isolated in 1947, one year before the WHO was formed

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

And yes, naming disease for the location of their discovery predates the WHO. So what? The point is that WHO hare interfering in that long established tradition for political reasons.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Such as “Isle of Wight disease” in bees or “Newcastle disease” in chickens, yes Ken, you are correct.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

54 minutes ago, Ken L said:

The point is that WHO hare interfering in that long established tradition for political reasons.

That is your opinion. I don't suppose you can demonstrate it to be based on fact.

Tin-foil hat time.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

58 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Such as “Isle of Wight disease” in bees or “Newcastle disease” in chickens, yes Ken, you are correct.

Correct about what?

All,

each is at best partially right and wrong

for myself I went to the source International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. It and always has been VERY COMPLEX AND IN THEORY non-political, even before WHO.

Your isolation of confinement is showing.

PHONE

21 minutes ago, Phone said:

All,

each is at best partially right and wrong

for myself I went to the source International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. It and always has been VERY COMPLEX AND IN THEORY non-political, even before WHO.

Your isolation of confinement is showing.

PHONE

Conspiratorial thinking Phone. It rots the brain.

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

Conspiratorial thinking Phone. It rots the brain.

Weird! I could have sworn that Phone said "isolation of confinement" and not "Conspiratorial thinking".

It seems to be worse in high density housing.

Oh and 52% of Italians want to leave the EU.

52%........

That's a weirdly familiar number.

I'm sure I've read it somewhere before..

Panic over people the orange-haired demi God has just decreed that "there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is getting brighter and brighter every day."

Edited by corydoras