How is everyone doing?

gozzer

As the title says, how is everyone doing during this time? A (hopefully non political) thread where we can each have a moan, or offer advice, (helpful or humorous), to help others cope, or just to distract from the general crap that we are going through.

Anyone joining me in climbing the walls? Keeping 2 metres apart of course!

I'll start with a moan. What else would you expect from a miserable old git?:wheelchair:

My wife is working from home, and I have set up a small area of the kitchen as her office. The IT crowd at the Leeds office have built their own PCs, laptops, etc in house, and have done a pretty good job of it. My wife prefers, and got, a desk top model. Not having owned, or seen one for many years, I was amazed at how small the whole thing was, compared to the 'towers' of old.  

I decided to get the guitar out, and see how far my poor playing had deteriorated over the last couple of years since my last aborted attempt. Before I had a chance to do anything, I had to clean a couple of years of dust of it, put batteries in my tuner, and then attempt to tune it. Sadly the strings had stretched, and proved difficult to tune. I eventually got them near enough to try a few chords. At first I had difficulty with finger placement, but after a while it began to sound almost pleasant. I gave it a rest while I finished a job that I'd put off doing for months, ie, putting some roller blinds up. Later that evening I went back to the guitar, and chord practice for an hour. The following day I awoke to a pain in the wrist/thump, on my left hand, this gradually got worse as the day progressed, and I have now got a heat pad and support bandage on it. I can't grip with my left hand, and can only assume it's the onset of arthritis, which doesn't bode well for any return to angling. This morning I woke to find I can hardly walk as my sciatica has decided to pay me a visit, so getting the garden sorted is back on hold until the muscle gel and painkillers both kick in.

On the bright side, it's warm, the sun is shining, the birds singing, and it's joy to hear kids laughing as they play in their gardens. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Everyone fine in our house thanks. Its sunny so the sitting room carpet was washed with the vax to get rid of the grandkids odd crayon or pencil calamity and my unfortunate dragging in bits of vapourised car tire my son cleverly cut up with my disk cutter (some short cut making plant pots dont ask!)

Hopefully after its over people will have little stock piles of items nicely rotated for the next one but i wont hold my breath!

Once parliament start up again it will be the usual opposition slagging off the government for its failure never having to answer how they would of done it or indeed why was the system not changed to the better when they had the reigns so it didnt happen now .when things dont change they stay the same ,i dont expect change historically governments have reactions rather than proctions !buying stockpiles waiting for things that may never happen is quite sensible only if they do happen and the opposition quick to point out the 'waste' of tax payers money the years until it does happen! They cannot win whatever they do ,you cannot please everyone all of the time as the saying goes.

The ministries will still exist in victorian england ,the buyers will buy things because the seller says they work (like certain metal detectors ) and because they go unpunished will cheerily do so ,its not their money after all.

Hopefully everyone on here continues to be here in the near future ,cod will be cod,  cory happily cavilling ,ken being ken and me being marmite .

Long live AN and Elton and his family get well and continue to let us play ,amuse ,chat ,argue and contradict as we always have ,some things shouldnt change lol

Nothing to moan about ,our pills and potions finally arrived ,i ordered all our repeat prescription a week early on the 22nd february ,they were rejected ,i said the app we use will crash both on the app and on the phone to the doc enquiring where it was  because people will panic blah blah blah they said everything will be fine ,it did crash ,it still is so i cercumvented it going direct to the chemist who supplies it who did it direct but it was still late ,luckily we order when theres 2 weeks left so it arrived in the nick of time! Will the doctors go back to the old system that worked ,not a chance someone said this one will work it doesnt but no-one learns no-ones punished ,the british disease is alive and wel!l hopefully every one else will be!

PS you cant remove politics its all around us ,it caused the problem hopefully it will eventually cure it

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not doing too bad myself John, apart from losing track of what day it is and twiddling my thumbs trying to think of something to keep me amused. I spoke to my doctor last monday on the phone as they have shut the surgery in Lichfield and they are doing phone appointments instead. I had a good chinwag with him as we are friends as well as him being my doctor. I have to see him every 4 weeks and have done for the best part of 25yrs, so we know each other well. He always tells me i'm his favourite patient as I always cheer him up, basically I wind him up and make him laugh. :D He's 84 and sounded rough on the phone and told me he has coronavirus, silly sod should be in hostpital not still working! Anyway he told me two of his patients had died that weekend of the virus :( and when I asked him what the situation was around Lichfield his exact words were "it's rife".  I had to drive down there to pick my meds up as the pharmacy is in the surgery. I don't mind admitting I was petrified going in there knowing that the virus is in the building, eek! 

On a lighter note the tiny village I live in is all pulling together. It is tiny, you could walk from one end of the village to the other in less than 5 minutes, so most people here know one another to say hello. We don't have a shop in the village but we do have a pub :yahoo:They've closed up but are still doing meals and delivering them in the village, they are even delivering pints of draught ale and only charging £2, yippee! The nearest supermarket is just over 5 miles away and myself and a few others from the village have made it known that if any of the older folk need anything but are too worried about leaving their homes then we can fetch things for them, just a case of passing around a few phone numbers and it takes a little worry out of their lives. 

Edited by *Ant*
  • Like 2

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Still working.

Lots of sick colleagues but AFAIK none in danger.

My immediate family are all safe and well.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

We're OK here thanks John.

Wife is working from home.

I'm watching Telly from home ?

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Aii,

Gozzer, you probably should go ahead and brush your teeth.  You told Cod you had bad breath.  As for me and mine I'm bored and right on the verge of being grumpy. My early garden of spring flowers are a couple weeks early and just gorgeous, mostly bulbs. My wife is also working from home. She says she could get used to not getting dressed.  Some years back I would have agreed with her, now I just hold my tongue.

GOZZER NO POLITICS - just came across the telly they took Boris to the hospital.

Phone

1 hour ago, Phone said:

Aii,

My wife is also working from home. She says she could get used to not getting dressed.  Some years back I would have agreed with her, now I just hold my tongue.

Phone

Phone - They still need a bit of loving!! :hug:

Last night the wife was wearing a sexy black Negligee for bed - I could see right through to the Cardigan!! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Phone said:

Aii,

Gozzer, you probably should go ahead and brush your teeth.  You told Cod you had bad breath.  As for me and mine I'm bored and right on the verge of being grumpy. My early garden of spring flowers are a couple weeks early and just gorgeous, mostly bulbs. My wife is also working from home. She says she could get used to not getting dressed.  Some years back I would have agreed with her, now I just hold my tongue.

GOZZER NO POLITICS - just came across the telly they took Boris to the hospital.

Phone

Hi phone, "bored and grumpy", sounds like we're in the same boat, without either a paddle, or a sail. Could also be a good name for a firm of solicitors.

It seems I confused you with my other post, not sure why that is, maybe it's a transatlantic thing. Having said that, it took me a while to figure out your "bad breath" comment, I think that was more an age thing on my part though.

On a more personal note, along with the return of my sciatica, and the apparent onset of arthritis in my left hand, I've now got what appears to be conjunctivitis . If it is that, I don't know how it's happened, we've disinfected the crap out of everything we've touched over the last few weeks! So now I'm hobbling around with the aid of a stick, having to swap it to my bad hand every time I need to pick something up, and now having to wear dark glasses to filter out the bright sunlight that we've been anticipating for weeks. Still, it's offers some amusement to my wife, and could be a lot worse given our present situation. 

As for Boris, some sick individuals will be rejoicing at the news, and has your media picked up on the news that his pregnant fiancee is also showing signs of the virus, poor lass.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

GOZZER,

"Bad breath" was a pun on your post to Cod.  Your actual quote, "I'll wait with BAITED breath"  Just hit my funny bone.

As for your eyes - you very well may be sensitive to the chemicals in your cleaning products. Here is a url that may help 

https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions/conjunctivitis#1

I have a cousin who is very sensitive to chlorine and as a lad would suffer after we went to the swimming pool.

As for wives - the more decrepit and worn out I become the more giggles I  get from her.  Of course in fact she is very caring but just can't keep from a brief laugh at my grumpy attitude and comments. Perhaps the snickers are used to replace other emotions.

Actually it was perhaps a little over a week ago surgardaddy and girlfriend tested positive.  By the time this is posted you will have better news about the hospitalization.

Until we commiserate falling apart again - - - - 

Phones