How is everyone doing?

gozzer

Going out once a day for the morning paper (local, not any tabloid junk), milk and buns. Once a week to Sainsbury's for the main weekly shop, otherwise trying out various woodworking tools that I bought but never used (table saw, hand router, hand planer, first-aid kit) or reading books or car mags.

Oh, and having a laugh at Trump whenever he's gobbing off on TV.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Anyone heard from Vagabond hes ancient and enjoys foreign places?
  • pm'd him but no response
  • Why bullet points ,damn this new software give me simple back!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:
  • Anyone heard from Vagabond hes ancient and enjoys foreign places?
  • pm'd him but no response
  • Why bullet points ,damn this new software give me simple back!

I've been wondering the same chesters, he hasn't been on since October last year. I hope all is well with him.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

7 hours ago, Phone said:

GOZZER,

"Bad breath" was a pun on your post to Cod.  Your actual quote, "I'll wait with BAITED breath"  Just hit my funny bone.

As for your eyes - you very well may be sensitive to the chemicals in your cleaning products. Here is a url that may help 

https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions/conjunctivitis#1

I have a cousin who is very sensitive to chlorine and as a lad would suffer after we went to the swimming pool.

As for wives - the more decrepit and worn out I become the more giggles I  get from her.  Of course in fact she is very caring but just can't keep from a brief laugh at my grumpy attitude and comments. Perhaps the snickers are used to replace other emotions.

Actually it was perhaps a little over a week ago surgardaddy and girlfriend tested positive.  By the time this is posted you will have better news about the hospitalization.

Until we commiserate falling apart again - - - - 

Phones

I got your pun eventually, Phone, and I waited with bated breath, not baited, but I'll forgive that one because I know how bad you colonials are at spelling. Either way, I waited in vain for an answer, as usual. 

I don't know if the news that Boris has been put in an Intensive Care Unit has reached you yet. It's been reported that it was again a precautionary measure because he was put on oxygen, and might be needing to be put on a ventilator.  No doubt the same 'sick individuals' will be rejoicing at that development as well.

You could well be right about my eyes, and it could be an allergic reaction to some chemical ingredient in the cleansing products we use. It's the same stuff we've used for years, but the amount, and frequency of use have increased over the past few weeks. At the moment, I'm just bathing my eyes with water that has been boiled, but allowed to cool. It gives temporary relief for about 30 mins before I have to repeat.  

Stay safe

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've just sent Vagabond an email, will let you know if he replies....

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

43 minutes ago, gozzer said:

I've been wondering the same chesters, he hasn't been on since October last year. I hope all is well with him.

John.

Hopefully hes in darkest bongo bongo land hunting some little known fish to put on his list out of range of the tinternet

Any chance of enquiring by email?

I may have his phone number somewhere but it was several years ago he came to chesters1 mansion so its probably changed unfortunately BT lost all my Email pre 2019 so cant look for that either

DOH you have lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Got my sister with us at the moment, she is being treated for immune deficiency so her gp’s advice was to get the hell away from the convenience store her daughter owns that she lives in, so extra precautions are in place. NOBODY comes past my front gate on fear of getting a lead injection and luckily have got a couple of home delivery slots.

Like Chesters I have three freezers, one for fish and bait now used for other goods.

My biggest problem is Mother, I cannot get her to understand why I deliver food to her and don’t go in and sit down for a chat, equally Mother in Law who is 97 has just phoned to complain that her Son, wifeys brother has delivered food and essentials to her and “didn’t bother to come in but left it in the porch”

Gozzer, put a used tea bag on your eye for ten mins to relieve your problems. (Not sure which brand is best, I don’t think there is a difference so go for ‘Yorkshire Tea’ if that’s what you have as I can guess you are not following the social media bigots who are boycotting that brand because the morons have noted that the Chancellor of the Exchequer was photographed with it.)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The older folk still have the notion the "spirit of the blitz' will get them through it, unfortunately muddling on taking no notice will get them killed.

My mother in law was a hard stubborn old girl who didn't take no for an answer ,luckily shes dead or she would be !

Had a visit from son and mrs yesterday (they left with more than they came with!) They sat in the garden and we chatted through the window it wasnt really a problem just treat your front door like an air lock and steralise anything coming through it.

The postman now drops the post off at the table in the garden ,the delivery guys all put the parcels in the porch take a picture as a signature then knock and leave.

Being a suspicious person that methods open to abuse from unscrupulous drivers (commonly called theives) theres nothing to stop them just taking it away once the pictures taken but we have 3 cameras catching anyone coming (and leaving) up the path so if it ever happened we could show them leaving with the parcel supposedly delivered!

Cameras are wonderful things they not only show things that happen they show something didnt happen ,we have on a few occasions had parcels 'delivered' even signed for which are not (despite the company insisting computer says!) ,an email to the company asking how many hours each side of the supposed delivery time do they want showing their driver didnt deliver it usualy gets an appology and the parcel is 'found' and was at the hub all along! Without this back up its your word against theirs and a fake signature.

The new neighbours have a bit to learn they have installed a " ring" door bell ,unfortunately in the wrong place ,you cant see it and you can ring it and not be seen if you want to as its on the wall before you get into the porch so you walk straight past it and knock on the door ,little bit pointless had it been by the door it would be seen and so would you with nowhere to hide

Pretty much the same here ,despite being commuter belt surrey theres a lots of commons and army ranges etc to get lost in ,i remember many years ago on a blindingly hot day half way aross Ash ranges drinking a puddle using my hat as a filter! How many horses and foxes **** in that i dare not think about!

Very clean air around here theres lichen hanging in some of the trees despite being in the middle of the A3 and A31 cant go as far nowadays though the mrs could burn the house to the ground before i got anywhere near!

Watch out for police drones though if theres fines to be made.....,.

If your looking for entertainment google wigwam murder!

Edited by chesters1