How is everyone doing?

gozzer

2 hours ago, gozzer said:

Oh by the way HV, I did bathe the eye with a 'Yorkshire' tea bag as you suggested, and it did ease it. The only problem was, the tea is pretty strong, and after leaving it on for a little longer than I intended, My right eye looked like it belonged to someone from the Indian subcontinent!

Oh my! There’s a picture. When this is all over I’ll send you some southern softie teabags, no good to you except in the case of eye infection so ok to put in your medicine chest, not sure what the side effects could be if you drank it though, perhaps you would start looking in magazines for Panama hats, timberland deck shoes or even wearing pink trousers! ⛵

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Even yorkshire tea has gone soft ,at one time a bag was supposed to be capable of making two cups ,now its one!

I ran out a couple of weeks ago as i couldnt source them in an offer anywhere in the month before ,the shop in aldershot that had a 50% free offer had ran out so i am now using my own blend in a tea pot ,75% Tajmahal 25% yorkshire tea ,got about 15kg of tajmahal and 3 bags of yourkshire so not desperate yet.Bit stronger than the modern yorkshire bag and if you leave it 5 seconds too late brewiing (masking my gran used to say) it's to strong to enjoy

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yak **** would be preferable!

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

7 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Oh my! There’s a picture. When this is all over I’ll send you some southern softie teabags, no good to you except in the case of eye infection so ok to put in your medicine chest, not sure what the side effects could be if you drank it though, perhaps you would start looking in magazines for Panama hats, timberland deck shoes or even wearing pink trousers! ⛵

Thanks but, no thanks HV, you need them more than I do. I was close to trying my old recipe, of a mushy pea poultice, but mushy peas are hard to get after those prats were panic buying them all. I have a small stock under lock and key, (in my secret place). I really should add them to my house insurance, but their present value would raise the premiums to an unaffordable amount.

John 

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

1 minute ago, gozzer said:

Thanks but, no thanks HV, you need them more than I do. I was close to trying my old recipe, of a mushy pea poultice, but mushy peas are hard to get after those prats were panic buying them all. I have a small stock under lock and key, (in my secret place). I really should add them to my house insurance, but their present value would raise the premiums to an unaffordable amount.

John 

I was allowing myself to chuckle whilst thinking up a comedy sketch, I wonder if I could flog it.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The only good thing about Yorkshire Tea is it tastes the same all over the world - It's CRAP & I'm a Yorkshireman through & through & the worst thing that ever came out of Gods own country.

Typhoo  is the best everyday tea bar None!! :thumbs:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Cough cough.....I think you'll find Twinings Earl Grey is the best.....well only if you drink it out of a china cup with an outstretched pinky finger. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, gozzer said:

Wait until you're 70 Ian, they're never seem to be off the bloody phone.:D

We all got texts the other week saying that we need to order any scripts on line, and that we had to phone in to register. I spent the best part of three hours over a couple of days trying to get through, and only got to register when they rang to see if I needed any help!

John.

I had a phone call from my GP who was very concerned about my well being.

I'm OK in spite of my COPD & Stent & the 7 or 8 med's per day that go with them.

On a lighter note - can we please get some old anecdotal posts to keep us all going??

We're all suffering from Cabin Fever!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!