How is everyone doing?

gozzer

11 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

Our local distillery, as a gesture to the community distilled about 4 or 5 hundred gallons of methanol, as opposed to ethanol. In half pint bottles their concoction was distributed no charge and as many bottles as you like.  For those interested the "recipe" that came from reliable health authorities is 80% alcohol - 15% hydrogen peroxide and 5% glycerol's. It had to be properly FDA labeled.

Works a treat

Phone

My recipe is 99.9% propanol and a teaspoon of glycerine in a little squirty bottle ,lets you know if you have a cut aswel

alcohol like vodka isnt strong enough to make hand sanitiser so make it out of polmos spirit ,if you catch corona you can wreck your liver waiting to choke your lungs out by drinking it out of your squirty bottle ,no germs on your hands no liver best of both worlds!

My hands are so sanitised i need to apply hand cream !

A couple of distilleries did the same here ,if i were them i would have done it when propanol hit £99 a litre but its coming down again now

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 5/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, chesters1 said:

One surprise was (son said it happened) that the trolleys handles were not cleaned going back to the store storage area ,the kit appeared to be there but the nearest employee seemed more interested in his phone

The supermarkets were all very slow to catch on to cleaning trolley handles. I've been wearing throwaway latex gloves to do all of my shopping and I was wearing them to do it for at least two weekly shops before the trolleys started to be cleaned at all.

Likewise when I go for my walk in afternoon, there are gates to all of the New Forest enclosures, I've only seen two other people apart from myself using gloves (or some alternative) to open those gates.

ayjay,

you've been conspicuously absent - hope all is well. 

I do not understand the people who presume to know the outcome of an event which is still in progress.

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. I see more and more selfish behavioUr every day as we stampede toward the possibility of new disaster

Phone

I haven't been paid since 14th Jan' - owners up for £584,000+ in creditors & gone into Insolvency & buggered off with 20 or so grand of our wages.

He had a ready made company given to him but chose to steal it all !!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Luckily, we're at the the time of life where it doesn't really matter!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Money always matters ,it happens often then the boss starts up another company .it should be that the bosses have to pay up not the company in such matters.Thats the trouble with the LTD business status it lets the bosses off the hook and the staff get it in the neck!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, Martin56 said:

I haven't been paid since 14th Jan' - owners up for £584,000+ in creditors & gone into Insolvency & buggered off with 20 or so grand of our wages.

He had a ready made company given to him but chose to steal it all !!

Doesn't the Government scheme pay out your redundancy money, and money in loo of notice Martin? 

I've been made redundant 7 times in my life, 4 of them where companies went bust, and each time we were pay out by the scheme.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

On 5/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, Phone said:

ayjay,

you've been conspicuously absent - hope all is well. 

Hi Phone, I've been here, not much to say, internet politics is boring, Brexit and Coronavirus is boring now and there's minimal fishing talk.

I'm physically well, but caring (for disabled wife)  is like being mentally battered 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year,  and if something's not soaked in p**s it's probably covered in s**t, it's absolutely relentless.  If I want a day off, I have to pay for it.

I'm not knocking the professional carers that are currently getting clapped every Thursday eve in the UK, but us unpaid carers get little or no recognition at all. The 2014 Care Act has been suspended due to Covid 19, so there go any rights which were already hard enough to enforce at the best of times.

Figures suggest that there are over 5m of us unpaid carers and between us we save the government an estimated £132bn every year, and as soon as I got my State pension, they took back the laughable £62 per week they used to give me.

Edited by ayjay
  • Like 1

ayjay,

Yes, I remember your domestic situation from a battery thread by Elton. Truth is, my concern was as much for her as for you. 

Caring for a spouse on a 24/7 basis has to be highly stressful. I admire your courage. Closest I can relate was when my healthy children were born. I hope you please yourself with photography, I enjoy it immensely. I believe I even agreed with your point of view – once.

Phone