How is everyone doing?

gozzer

23 hours ago, gozzer said:

Doesn't the Government scheme pay out your redundancy money, and money in loo of notice Martin? 

I've been made redundant 7 times in my life, 4 of them where companies went bust, and each time we were pay out by the scheme.

John

Yes John, we've all had to wait for the Insolvency practitioners to do the winding up process - this has now been done so expecting my claim to be dealt with fairly soon.

It's all in hand mate.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

3 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Yes John, we've all had to wait for the Insolvency practitioners to do the winding up process - this has now been done so expecting my claim to be dealt with fairly soon.

It's all in hand mate.

That's good to hear Martin. I was beginning to wonder if they had stopped doing it. The longest I had to wait before recieving the monies was about 2 months.

John

• Thanks 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hardly been out of my Pajamas for 9 weeks or so (not the same ones all the time of course - the wife is quite particular on that score!!) 

We've had some nice days & evenings sitting out on the decking.

We don't hanker for that much else these days!!

Martin,

Also, to keep you out of trouble I would consul you on the use of the "coloUrfull" word HANKER. You must live West of the Mississippi River to use hanker or risk being shot by a cowboy.

Phone

On 5/17/2020 at 6:02 PM, Phone said:

Martin,

Also, to keep you out of trouble I would consul you on the use of the "coloUrfull" word HANKER. You must live West of the Mississippi River to use hanker or risk being shot by a cowboy.

Phone

"Hanker for or Hanker after", this side of the pond merely means to yearn for, or have a desire for..

Cowboy, over here is a Colloquialism for a dodgy tradesman!! 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I trust you're all keeping well. 

Not been on for a while, after my disappointment at myself for losing it, I decided to have a rest and maybe start anew.

Not done a lot of fishing so far this year, joined a new club, and I've mainly been just fishing for whatever came along, but had some decent bags of roach along the way. I hoped to have taken my 5 year old grandson, for his first fishing outing, but this bloody virus and the weather, have put paid to that. This is the last week before he goes back to school, and he lives in a 'lock down' area, so no chance. My wife is still on furlough and has me working like a horse in the garden, and house, doing all those jobs I never got time to finish, and starting new ones that never seem to finish. We've both managed to stay clear of the virus so far, (touch wood), despite the best  efforts of some dickheads to spread it around. 

I'll probably be back on a bit more often now, so take care all

John.

• Thanks 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 1:08 AM, gozzer said:

Hi everyone, I trust you're all keeping well. 

Not been on for a while, after my disappointment at myself for losing it, I decided to have a rest and maybe start anew.

Not done a lot of fishing so far this year, joined a new club, and I've mainly been just fishing for whatever came along, but had some decent bags of roach along the way. I hoped to have taken my 5 year old grandson, for his first fishing outing, but this bloody virus and the weather, have put paid to that. This is the last week before he goes back to school, and he lives in a 'lock down' area, so no chance. My wife is still on furlough and has me working like a horse in the garden, and house, doing all those jobs I never got time to finish, and starting new ones that never seem to finish. We've both managed to stay clear of the virus so far, (touch wood), despite the best  efforts of some dickheads to spread it around. 

I'll probably be back on a bit more often now, so take care all

John. 

Hi John, here's a lovely pond to take your grandson. The first peg as you go in is to the left in a nice little bay & full of nice Roach & Perch (but beware of the odd Donkey) It's about 3 or 4 foot deep & half pint of maggots apiece will do you both & 2 can fish same peg. I've had nets full of Roach & Perch & nice easy fishing especially with a young lad.

Was £3 day ticket last time I went but may be a bit more now??

https://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_24600_fishing-pylon-pond-(pylon-angling-club).htm

Edited by Martin56
done it wrong
  • Thanks 1

The fish aren't hard to catch & will keep the lad busy "Grandad - I'm in again".

Most are decent but under a pound in this hole!! Just right for kids to start with but still put a bend in the rod.

Edited by Martin56