Help needed

big_cod

This is just in England Wales and Scotland have offered help to the industry 

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/18394708.weymouths-charter-boat-industry-receive-no-support-coronavirus-pandemic/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

This is just in England Wales and Scotland have offered help to the industry 

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/18394708.weymouths-charter-boat-industry-receive-no-support-coronavirus-pandemic/

Don't hold your breath Paul.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

1 hour ago, corydoras said:

Don't hold your breath Paul.

This is what the guidance  is to local councils but for some reason it doesn’t seem to apply we are waiting for some sort of clarity .

What seems strange the councils will claim any grants issued back off central government.But SBC where I am based all they have ever done is just take for granted the millions of pounds we have brought into the borough over the years with a anglers spendings large sums of moneys on hotels, b+bs , pubs, restaurants, car parking etc etc .

https://local.gov.uk/coronavirus-business-rates-relief-hospitality-and-leisure-sector

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Upto  press our chancellor is throwing the charterboat and leisure boat   industry under the bus with no grants available for there businesses. Yet his present scheme which allows businesses who get rate relief  can claim a grant of upto £25,000 most will receive the £10,000 grant .Just how is this right when somebody who has a second home have it as a holiday home at the seaside then register it as a holiday let to save on council tax,  and then put a few quid through the business to make it look legit and then get a lovely £10,000 grant off  the chancellor for just filling a form in ..When genuine businesses are struggling like mad and many won’t come out of  the end of  this pandemic utterly shocking no other word for it .And for the chancellor to say you haven’t been forgot it’s a load of rubbish .

Edited by big_cod
  • Sad 1

Untitled-1.jpg

Phil' Kirby & co will have got his & Isn't that, (Training racehorses) a leisure Industry? They'll still have revenue from owners even though their horses can't run.

It's a minefield!!

Owners who go under because they can't make money from their respective businesses won't be able to pay for their horses in the long term!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

9 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Phil' Kirby & co will have got his & Isn't that, (Training racehorses) a leisure Industry? They'll still have revenue from owners even though their horses can't run.

It's a minefield!!

Owners who go under because they can't make money from their respective businesses won't be able to pay for their horses in the long term!!

It a minefield Martin  racing  is going to suffer enormously financially,  corporate money in Racing is massive that will without doubt fall away .As for Philip he won’t qualify for the small business grant as far as I am aware  Martin his criteria may well fall short in qualifying for a grant .I aren’t quite sure the amount he employs to ride out but it’s a lot and that’s including all the other staff at the yard he has a big wage bill every week on top of  rates etc .

We have put MR Carbonator our to grass so the costs have dropped off buts that’s all well and good but if racing does resume he won’t be fit,so very shortly he will be back in training  and as far I am aware racing will be back in action behind closed doors very shortly. 
As for the charterboat and leisure industry we find out Wednesday if we qualify with  new guidelines which have been giving to councils many businesses will go under if help isn’t forthcoming.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Theres always money in horsemeat .

Why should the government give money to wealthy studs or trainers? In essence its supporting gambling which ruins thousands of lives every year.My mate (a real one not imaginary) works for a big stud a few miles away hes working as usual and the stable girls acting normaly except the horses are now a vacant stable apart ,riding a horse is solitary thing theres only one rider horses dont get ridden by 4 or 5 people at once! If the owner is running out of money after a few weeks hes really not in the right proffesion is he?

As to fishing how is it effecting small single fishing boats theres no distancing problems whatsoever even a two man crew can distance

It amused me a program showing some fishermen trying to flog their fish to locals because their overseas buyers had dried up ,if i were the locals i would tell them to stuff it up your arse you didn't want us when you were flogging it to foreigners!

There's no laws stopping people working !their employer could make a decision the staff need to adjust their working regime to take in social distancing but there nothing banning work your advised to do it from home or work out how to do it safely if you cannot you dont work or you may infect someone , its very simple if you can see the colour of someones eyes you are to close!

Theres nothing to stop you working but i doubt a single angler will make it worthwhile even with red diesel but theres nothing in law that forbids you working

It makes me sick these idiots whining they cannot cope with isolation ,go out and catch the virus then whine ! Then go and meet your mates and infect them then whine ,but you will only be whining how stupid you are !

People are falling over themselves trying to help with shopping or chatting on the phone or is it being nosey and making sure your indebted for life to them ,i have lost count of callers supposedly from the village both in person and on the phone (how do they get an x directory number) one day being polite will stop and i will tell them to stick their charity up their jaxxie.!

Why do they think because i have a greay beard i am suddenly incapable of looking after myself?

Most people cannot be arsed to fend for themselves ,if i can teach a stubborn ex bomber pilot 98 year old to use a pc and order from waitrose anyone can !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Theres always money in horsemeat .

Why should the government give money to wealthy studs or trainers? In essence its supporting gambling which ruins thousands of lives every year.My mate (a real one not imaginary) works for a big stud a few miles away hes working as usual and the stable girls acting normaly except the horses are now a vacant stable apart ,riding a horse is solitary thing theres only one rider horses dont get ridden by 4 or 5 people at once! If the owner is running out of money after a few weeks hes really not in the right proffesion is he?

As to fishing how is it effecting small single fishing boats theres no distancing problems whatsoever even a two man crew can distance

It amused me a program showing some fishermen trying to flog their fish to locals because their overseas buyers had dried up ,if i were the locals i would tell them to stuff it up your arse you didn't want us when you were flogging it to foreigners!

There's no laws stopping people working !their employer could make a decision the staff need to adjust their working regime to take in social distancing but there nothing banning work your advised to do it from home or work out how to do it safely if you cannot you dont work or you may infect someone , its very simple

Theres nothing to stop you working but i doubt a single angler will make it worthwhile even with red diesel but theres nothing in law that forbids you working

It makes me sick these idiots whining they cannot cope with isolation ,go out and catch the virus then whine ! Then go and meet your mates and infect them then whine ,but you will only be whining how stupid you are !

People are falling over themselves trying to help with shopping or chatting on the phone or is it being nosey and making sure your indebted for life to them ,i have lost count of callers supposedly from the village both in person and on the phone (how do they get an x directory number) one day being polite will stop and i will tell them to stick their charity up their jaxxie.!

Why do they think because i have a greay beard i am suddenly incapable of looking after myself?

Most people cannot be arsed to fend for themselves ,if i can teach a stubborn ex bomber pilot 98 year old to use a pc and order from waitrose anyone can !

Come in Chester’s , what do you know about the fishing industry where is expertises where is your experities in running a  charterboat  it’s zero on both counts  Chester’s.

A single angler will make it worthwhile Chester’s no it isn’t worth while as for going to sea unnecessary think of the lifeboat Crews who just might be needed if you break down you put there lives in danger with social distancing with covic 19 it’s funny one ..
Fishermen well they have had fantastic time over the last few years sold there produce abroad at tip-top prices then put a gun to there head and blown  there brains  out voting brexit you couldn’t make it up , yes foreign markets dried up prices crashed and brexit isn’t finalised yet the best to come ? I never seen so many people led down a garden path to destruction for there businesses 80% of there catch goes abroad and all they have done is put two fingers up to there customers idiots no other word for it but they were led to believe by some we hold all the cards  maybe the p45 one .

As for British housewife how many eat fish or shellfish products not many that’s why it all goes abroad 

Horse Racing stable lads and lassesthey ride out maybe 3 different horses every morning some are park time some are full time .Racing stables and racing industry provide many many jobs , as for gambling you don’t have to gamble I can go to a race meeting and not even have a bet maybe my own horse if he has chance of wining , if not it could be another in the same race a bit of inside info goes a long long way Chester’s.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

What has brexit got to do with coranavirus?

Perhaps your tiny brain cannot visualise why people dont eat shell fish is because its to expensive? Mostly because its sent to foreigners !

As for the charter business i already mentioned its not worth doing because of social distancing ,that doesnt mean it cannot be done but your client would have to pay for the boat rather than a single fisherman !

I have already said the stable persons can do their jobs unaffected ,the horses will be excercised just like normal so the only difference is the racing itself and ofcourse the bookies wont be getting money which in my book is a good thing

Not sure why the government should subsidise fishermen who sell their catch overseas thats just subsidising foreign companies selling it on ,and why subsidise charter boats at all they are not forced to do it as a job

By the way brexit is over get used to it

PS before shell fish was sold abroad it was the stable diet of the common man ,now with it selling offshore its to expensive to buy by them ! I think the last lot of tasteless mussels i bought were from abroad which is crazy when we are surrounded by the sea! If the shellfish industry is destroyed they destroyed it themselves

If you cannot make money from the fishing undustry get a real job that pays all the year round like 98% of the rest of the country ,as for the charter boat industry if 6 weeks of holiday has effected you think of another form of employment !

The country is full of whining people blaming others for the choices they made themselves its sickening !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just now, chesters1 said:

What has brexit got to do with coranavirus?

Perhaps your tiny brain cannot visualise why people dont eat shell fish is because its to expensive? Mostly because its sent to foreigners !

As for the charter business i already mentioned its not worth doing because of social distancing ,that doesnt mean it cannot be done but your client would have to pay for the boat rather than a single fisherman !

I have already said the stable persons can do their jobs unaffected ,the horses will be excercised just like normal so the only difference is the racing itself and ofcourse the bookies wont be getting money which in my book is a good thing

Not sure why the government should subsidise fishermen who sell their catch overseas thats just subsidising foreign companies selling it on ,and why subsidise charter boats at all they are not forced to do it as a job

By the way brexit is over get used to it

Chester’s I have customers who charter the whole boat  who only come as 2 people and charter the whole boat .But as I explained to you safety is number one priority for our business and if for a stupid reason you have to call the lifeboat you are putting there lives at risk with Covid  19 with social distancing it’s no no at present for everybody’s sake .

Untitled-1.jpg