Trump's pearls of wisdom.

corydoras

11 minutes ago, corydoras said:

I am not here to spoon feed you. You work it out.

Why would i want to? You cannot hear fast forwarding and i doubt you lipread so you were probably using someone elses hints?

You dont think i am stupid enough to waste my time trying to see how you came up with the time lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

34 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Why would i want to? You cannot hear fast forwarding and i doubt you lipread so you were probably using someone elses hints?

You dont think i am stupid enough to waste my time trying to see how you came up with the time lol

I could have found it if I was deaf.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Not wasting my time looking at it you could be right ,was a bloke holding up a sign behind him with an pause sign  on it depicting when to stop fast forwarding?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

59 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Chesters

I just noticed your Jefferson quote. WHat do you think he was referring to?

Just noticed this ,i think he bought chariot of the gods and was trying to get his money back from amazon

OK, sad I know, but I watched the whole link of corys, and in real time. What can I say? I was bored.

Anyone who says that the BBC report hadn't been edited, and 'spun' to show a slanted view of the item, hasn't actually watched the whole thing, or are only seeing what they want to see. 

The guy in the YouTube video was right in what he said. I agree with him that it was obvious that Trump didn't understand what was said and stupidly misinterpreted it, but the BBC certainly didn't show it as such.

As I said, I think Trump is a clown, and the reason for my post was to show how media twist, and distort things to suit their agenda. They didn't need to in this case, and it's a sad indictment of the media, and the BBC in particular, that they feel the need to 'spice up', and mislead in such a way. There's plenty about the communist countries manipulating what the media can print/say, but this is almost as bad. 

I don't particularly like Trump, but I want to hear news, not some distorted version of it. That's why I can't bring myself to watch the press questions section of the daily briefing from No10, the press are a disgrace, always have been to some extent, but more so in recent years. I don't trust any of them, and I'm surprised that some seem to take all they say as gospel, but then I don't have any particular bias, or agenda to promote.

John 

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

33 minutes ago, gozzer said:

I agree with him that it was obvious that Trump didn't understand what was said

Why is that? Not because he is as dumb as a sack of rocks?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

2 hours ago, gozzer said:

OK, sad I know, but I watched the whole link of corys, and in real time. What can I say? I was bored.

Anyone who says that the BBC report hadn't been edited, and 'spun' to show a slanted view of the item, hasn't actually watched the whole thing, or are only seeing what they want to see. 

The guy in the YouTube video was right in what he said. I agree with him that it was obvious that Trump didn't understand what was said and stupidly misinterpreted it, but the BBC certainly didn't show it as such.

As I said, I think Trump is a clown, and the reason for my post was to show how media twist, and distort things to suit their agenda. They didn't need to in this case, and it's a sad indictment of the media, and the BBC in particular, that they feel the need to 'spice up', and mislead in such a way. There's plenty about the communist countries manipulating what the media can print/say, but this is almost as bad. 

I don't particularly like Trump, but I want to hear news, not some distorted version of it. That's why I can't bring myself to watch the press questions section of the daily briefing from No10, the press are a disgrace, always have been to some extent, but more so in recent years. I don't trust any of them, and I'm surprised that some seem to take all they say as gospel, but then I don't have any particular bias, or agenda to promote.

John 

I can see the point you are making Gozzer, it is well recorded in jurisprudence and happens from time to time when a crime is committed that, for instance, is so heinous and where the evidence against a perpetrator is solid but not perhaps overwhelming that investigators fabricate evidence to guarantee a conviction and that, once said fabricated evidence comes to light the case is lost because it tarnishes legitimate evidence.

This is occurring in the case of DT, people have an opinion on the chap, but the media are going all out to make the case, invariably this will lead to a loss. Once people see that he is being targeted in this small part they will associate any opinion and reporting from the media to be similarly corrupted.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

Why is that? Not because he is as dumb as a sack of rocks?

I rest my case, your above statement shows that you are willing to accept the skewed report from the BBC, because it supports the dislike you have for Trump. 

Haven't you been quick to accuse others of confirmation bias in the past?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hands Up those who think DT gives a flying F**k about anything bar his own Image - Also goes for the W*****s this side of the pond!!

Not bad money for kicking the ball about then blaming the goalie!!

• Haha 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

46 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

I can see the point you are making Gozzer, it is well recorded in jurisprudence and happens from time to time when a crime is committed that, for instance, is so heinous and where the evidence against a perpetrator is solid but not perhaps overwhelming that investigators fabricate evidence to guarantee a conviction and that, once said fabricated evidence comes to light the case is lost because it tarnishes legitimate evidence.

This is occurring in the case of DT, people have an opinion on the chap, but the media are going all out to make the case, invariably this will lead to a loss. Once people see that he is being targeted in this small part they will associate any opinion and reporting from the media to be similarly corrupted.

It's one of the things that annoys me HV. I have very little time for the most of the media, and even less for those that constantly repeat only the parts of that suit their personal agenda. As I have said, I think Trump is a clown, a showman, albeit a very powerful one. From what I've seen of him, he seems terrible at public speaking, he is constantly self promoting, most of his ideas border on the insane, and his published tweets can be  both ridiculous and dangerous. But he was elected by the people of his country and that's it as far as I'm concerned. I have my personal opinion of him based on several different sources, and I don't need any biased media hack to constantly affirm that opinion.

John.