New Luncheon Meat

Martin56

I brought a new tinned meat from Croatia but not had chance to try it due to Lockdown It's called Podravka Mesni narezak.

Might be now't special but the picture on the tin looks good & no reason it won't catch!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

If its from croatia i wouldnt !holland ,denmark, yes

Nice bit of tulip luncheon meat stays on the hook better than some, cut it into chunks and leave it in the sun it rarely comes off

That reminds me it must be time to open another catering can and cut it into half inch slices to vacuum seal and freeze i love luncheon meat sarnies!

Breakfast and dinner ,yum!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnvfr1ysf6x16tu/IMG_20180104_115025.jpg?dl=0

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I anyone remembers the Spar shops?  Well they used to have their own brand of luncheon meat in a red tin with pull opener. I would never eat luncheon meat as ypu never kjow what the mash is actually made of!... but if I ever got starving when fishing  and succumbed to it's  mouth watering oudour it did taste way better than spam etc. I remember I would always use spars own brand when fishing and my brother and m8's all use spam.  I always caught lots more fish than they did and  we would often fish with our floats touching to see who's bait was best.  Wierd really as even though I always caught loads more fish on the spar meat than they did they all insisted that spam was better and refused to use my spar meat.  

The species we were catching at the time were carp, tench and bream, with a few odd roach etc.

I’ve still got 8 cans of this left in my bait fridge; and Tench and Barbel & Chub all love it. I bought loads of them from Morrison’s around September last year but I haven’t seen them on the shelves for a long time now.

IMG-0176.jpg

I haven’t eaten any luncheon meat, spam or ham & Pork myself since I was a lad back in the 50s & 60s and my mum used to occasionally fry Spam fritters for our suppers.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Having a sort out recently looking for something I knew was there, (still can't find it), I came across some tins of chopped ham with pork, use by date 2002.

Further into the depths, peperami with a use by date of 1998.

Lots of unopened packets of things that caught my eye at the time obviously thought I needed and not seen for years. No idea why I bought them.

• Haha 1
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Spam is reckoned to last forever if properly stored but I've had some Princes luncheon meat take on a very odd texture after a few years.

If you're digging out old bait, now might be a good time to start carrying out a prebaiting campaign while "exercising" - I've certainly spotted an interesting spot on the Worcestershire Stour that has been nicely gouged out by the winter floods.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Garlic sausage from Fulton's was very good for a time, then they changed the recipe/consistency & wasn't quite so good as a bait after that. Came in a plastic skin like Polony.

Maybe, some "Tired" baits could enjoy a resurgence having had a long rest re Lockdown!! 

I've had good results with Hot Dogs straight from the Tin/Jar when I'd no Luncheon meat!! (They go too soft cooked again IMO)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

MARTIN,

Perhaps you can resurrect the fame enjoyed by peanuts.

Back in the day peanuts had a pretty bad press in the UK. 1970's but as I remember they killed fish because of either an over abundance of some vitamin or the absence of "something"(?).

Phone