£60,000 THE PRICE OF A LIFE

big_cod

With those type of companies you can try and get handouts for pretty much anything but its not a government related handout you will have to prove exactly who is to blame which is the point the legislation was brought in as back then asbestos was everywhere and there was hundreds of sources so blame impossible

If you bump into it now its far more easy because it shouldnt be there ,and shouldnt be encountered unless your a registered asbestos remover or its in your own home

The same companies will be handing their cards to the family of deceased front line workers aswell ,most probably at the funeral !

The government 60grand is a gesture not a full settlement! the NHS will be sued not the government the lawyers will be raking in the money like they do with NHS blunders every year

Is it just for NHS workers ? What is there for those like my daughter and grandaughter who work in care homes (both tested a fortnight ago) the daughter has been living in the home in an attempt to stop her old folk catching it shes not paid any more than usual except she gets free meals theres more to this disease and its effects than what you see in the headlines

As i mentioned earlier governments tend to give with one hand and take with the other ,is there a clause in the paperwork that if you except the government grant does this mean you cannot sue the NHS as the employer?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

all,

Victims of mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, are to receive an average of £123,000 compensation from a new fund. (I've no idea when this began in the UK)

Looks as though we have about the same

Phone

I can remember a documentary from the 50's or 60's where loads of black kids (presumably in Africa) were playing in Asbestos like it was Snow!!

Wonder how much compensation they received!!  

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

3 hours ago, Phone said:

all,

Victims of mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, are to receive an average of £123,000 compensation from a new fund. (I've no idea when this began in the UK)

Looks as though we have about the same

Phone

All the powers that be can do is to try to ensure that those families left behind will be no worse off than if the main wage earner was still with them!!

It's just rather crude that a Number Has to be put on it.

RIP Neil Green.

Edited by Martin56

Be assured, the legal vultures are already gathering to sue the underpants off the government re the unnecessary deaths of NHS workers.

The government has no money of its own of course - It's ours!!

Edited by Martin56

Martin, cut and paste from UK Medical LIBRARY

Medical liability for staff employed by the National Health Service (NHS) in England is addressed through the tort principle of vicarious liability. Where claims for negligence of employees of the NHS arise a program known as the Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts addresses these issues. The program is funded through contributions by NHS Trusts that are members and operates on a “pay-as-you-go” basis, funding claims out of the monies it raises. The NHS Litigation Authority administers this program.

Tort is “a well-established cause of action and … plays a major part in the arena of healthcare laws. This is mainly due to the fact that as a general principle, there is no contractual relationship between doctor and patient.

[PHONE'S COMMENTS] Since socialized medicine (I'm 100% in favor of) is a part of the NHS scheme it becomes your task as a tax payer to "make things right" in the face of a catastrophic medical event. I'm not sure what the hell we have in the USA.

Phone

Edited by Phone

100% Correct Phone - that's why the government will roll over, It's not their Money!! 

Those affected deserve every penny!!

That said, can't make them all like Lottery winners!!

There is a price on life - like it or not!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1