Near or far

Ken L

That's not a duck.

'Realtree' have branched out (see what I did there?), that's one of their latest 'Realduck' camo suits. The guy is just baiting up a swim prior to fishing. They are developing 'Realcow' and 'Realhorse' suits, for those who like to fish in pairs. As well as 'Realsheep' for those silly flockers, who just like to follow the latest trend. 

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Bugger it convinced me and the fancy square groundbait bowl DOH

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, The Flying Tench said:

Chesters, that is the most amazing video! Do you know where it was filmed? They don't look like UK carp, some more like skimmers?

I dont know sorry ,theres a fair few fowl "feeding" carp vids as well as bird feeding fish bread as bait and catching them

In that case its merely fowl wetting the dry food to swallow it and the carp taking advantage of the bits sinking

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's called "Opportunist" feeding. Don't think the carp give anything back?? otherwise would be a "Symbiosis" (Whereby both species benefit)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I would say the species of fish being targetted and the venue being fished would dictate the best place to plop a bait.

Very often the edge is a great spot to fish, but then again, the same can be said about way out in the distance, different tactics on different waters.

I do like to fish down the margins if possible :).

Fishing in super close also means you can use more sporting gear and a float rather than a heavy rod with a lead or feeder.
I personally like to use US style slip bobbers because they're almost completely tangle free and using them winds the tackle tarts up a treat.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It's a shocker isn't it?

These are the ones that I use and they're great, but the seller is playing seller is playing silly buggers at the moment by advertising free shipping and then adding a shipping charge when you put them in your basket.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968878905.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2af71436s5HBMP&algo_pvid=fbc4c921-d887-405e-85b7-0124f156ef73&algo_expid=fbc4c921-d887-405e-85b7-0124f156ef73-5&btsid=0ab6fb8815893038849927853e676d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Very similar to a traditional perch float but the line going through the middle reduces tangles and makes depth adjustment as simple as sliding a rubber stopper.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hi Ken, these are maybe better??

There's even a drop down box to choose tip colour, & one for the cocking weight.

https://www.handmadefishingfloats.co.uk/Perch_bob_inline_slider/p1360088_17117381.aspx

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Nice - but 5 times the price and they lack the tangle free advantages of a line through float.

Edit: My bad, they are line through - but still steep.

Edited by Ken L