Fishing from Wednesday?

Ken L

Yes, they do seem to have inserted themselves in a most unwelcome way.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

Yes, they do seem to have inserted themselves in a most unwelcome way.

It's very likely the Angling Trust now have a Government Grant/Charter so some of them can actually draw a wage for doing not very much!!

Maybe even a Logo'd up Vehicle or 2 & other Logo'd clobber?? Well - they will need to get around & let us all know who they are!!

Floatation suits might be advisable.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I have been reluctant to recognise the ATr as anything but an advisory organisation ever since they formed. I know that 'Fish Legal', (I hate that name, it sounds like one of the 'have you had an accident' type of law firms), have done a decent job of helping out in cases of pollution etc, but I much preferred the old ACA, despite the alleged mis handling. I did consider carrying my long standing subscription to the ACA over to Fish Legal, but at the time, you had to subscribe to the ATr, in order to do so. I see the ATr as a self elected body, with a self devised remit. During it's early days, it was very reluctant to answer any questions regarding it's policies, or aims, other than the ones they wanted to discuss. I had several emails ignored at the time, I assume because they felt that any answers they could give wouldn't enhance the image they were trying to promote. I know I wasn't the only one who had the same treatment. I don't know the current official membership, but unless they have had a massive surge in numbers, then I would guess it's well short of 10% of individual angler numbers, back then it was below 1%. I wonder how many individual member there would be, if membership wasn't a requirement of entry into many big matches. It probably explains why so many of those who see it as a governing body, are in the match fraternity.

It angers me that many are seeing the ATr as being mainly responsible for angling being allowed this week. I know they sent a letter pleading our case, but to now try and claim full credit for something the government were going to allow anyway, seems to me to be presumptive, and self promoting, at the very least. 

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

17 hours ago, Martin56 said:

It's very likely the Angling Trust now have a Government Grant/Charter so some of them can actually draw a wage for doing not very much!!

Maybe even a Logo'd up Vehicle or 2 & other Logo'd clobber?? Well - they will need to get around & let us all know who they are!!

Floatation suits might be advisable.

They have always had a wage.

If you take note of who they are, most are x police etc.  They will no doubt be getting a very decent pension already, and the wage off the AT/EA job will be some iceing on top!   Why not employ someone with a normal background ffs?

Just jobs created for them in retirement....pi$$es me right off!

As far as i'm aware, the ea pay their wages.....out of rod lisense money!

• Like 2

Tench were showing on the local pool as I passed on the way to work.

Chap was telling me how to get a season ticket - Bloody Facebook!

I don't do Facebook.

I need to dig around to see if they have a proper website.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

FIRST i'll set the stage. We had a chap from your AT  (maybe the main guy)as a member of AN who was a frequent poster. BARRY gave the guy fits. Someone will remember his name and dredge up a couple old threads. Seems to me as I remember they have unsuccessfully been singing the same song for at least two decades.

Phone

16 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

FIRST i'll set the stage. We had a chap from your AT  (maybe the main guy)as a member of AN who was a frequent poster. BARRY gave the guy fits. Someone will remember his name and dredge up a couple old threads. Seems to me as I remember they have unsuccessfully been singing the same song for at least two decades.

Phone

Are you thinking of Leon?

To be fair, the AT have an entire section on another forum and it's rare to see anyone post anything positive about the AT there either. 

Ken, No not Leon. I know so little about fishing politics in the UK it is just not coming to me.  Barry Luxon and you remember WORMS? They gave the AT   FITS.

maybe Elton will drop by - - - - - - - wasn't Elton hot on a guiding light for angling and maybe even personalwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddfs;l

falling  asleep

phone

Weed does that

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson