Have we all gone a bit soft compared to yesterday’s Angler?

BoldBear

The thing that has stuck in my mind is how my brothers and I panicked after he swallowed them, we thought they would start to eat him from the inside out and rushed back to tell mum. :D

• Haha 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I remember the old tackle shop was a dark, dusty, skanky place, and my god did it stink of maggots. :yucky: They had the old beer glasses that they'ed use to measure out the maggots. 

pint.jpg

4 hours ago, corydoras said:

You can gob maggots if you like, me not so much.

Tell me something did the mouth warmed maggot keep wriggling once they were in the cold water? Critical thinking is not strong in some.

If it was the same temperature outside and inside the water there wouldnt be water ,the water if its there is warmer than the temperature the maggots are in so they will wriggle more in that than out once their little wriggle engine is started

The coldest ever water recorded in the uk is 1.8c so balmy compared to outside temperatures if its icy

Critical thinking is not strong in some

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Not often coffee talk and fishing talk are on the same topic. We've been at it about a week - round the horn a couple times. 

IMO and the opinion of many others a couple maggots, bird eggs, and raw crawdads acted much like the colostrum Tigger mentioned in another thread.  Sure we were lucky to survive  typhoid or worse but much of it acted the same as an inoculation that costs $80 today.

In searching for coffee documentation I came across this - - - - - - -::

“”” Scientific literature estimates that the human microbiome includes around 100 trillion germs including the skin, mammary glands, placenta, seminal fluid, uterus, ovarian follicles, lung, saliva, oral mucosa, conjunctiva, biliary tract, and gastrointestinal tract.””” (some obscure web site as I forget).

Phone

edit: a disclaimer: I NEVER LOST ANY SEMINAL FLUID TO A CRAYFISH

Edited by Phone

On 5/25/2020 at 1:25 PM, chesters1 said:

Not only resistance kids are getting so sheltered they dont mix with adults outside the family so cannot judge the difference to what they say and what they mean .

I found out what kiddy fiddlers were by experience in the 50's lol now they do it from the comfort of their homes then get into trouble!

Nut & other food allergies weren't heard of when I was growing up - may have been, but not diagnosed as being a cause of illness/death??

The stuff we used to play with - Gas Tar oozing from cobbled streets, messing about in grates, opening tins with unknown substances which were dumped & trying to set fire to it etc!!

I used to come home Black Bright & smelling like "Joan of Arc" from the fires we lit!!

Kids getting their head stuck in the school railings was very common.

Not to mention Willies trapped in zips. (Design flaw at the time??)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

2 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Not to mention Willies trapped in zips. (Design flaw at the time??)

I used to get mine trapped in my shoe laces, just saying. :D

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

Yeah - what ever!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

4 hours ago, *Ant* said:

We used to dream of shoe laces ! Me and my sister only had one pair she got the left one on odd days me the left one on even days on a alternate sunday we painted our feet black wit dust from coal mine

We could only afford 2 sundays a month so added 4 hours to each day to make up the week on the others

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

20 hours ago, chesters1 said:

If it was the same temperature outside and inside the water there wouldnt be water ,the water if its there is warmer than the temperature the maggots are in so they will wriggle more in that than out once their little wriggle engine is started

You really have a penchant for spouting utter BS. You and Paul from oop North are a good match.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote