Have we all gone a bit soft compared to yesterday’s Angler?

BoldBear

Just come back to us all when you can DEMONSTRATE with DATA that the crap you spout is worth listening to. Your mates that you don't have might swallow your BS| unquestioned. Me not so much.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Marlene to angler ,thats a real perdy mouth lol

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Just come back to us all when you can DEMONSTRATE with DATA that the crap you spout is worth listening to. Your mates that you don't have might swallow your BS| unquestioned. Me not so much.

Data isnt 60 years of fishing in the winter enough ,sad old cory

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, chesters1 said:

Data isnt 60 years of fishing in the winter enough ,sad old cory

No it bloody well is not because I don't effing well believe one word you say, on any topic.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

50/50 your right or wrong

Cory,

If the overall puddle has any depth at all (4 m) your scenario is, as a practical matter, nearly impossible.  Water differs from most other compounds because it is less dense as a solid than as a liquid.  I BELIEVE that was one of CHESTERS1'S points. The bottom never freezes.  Consequently ice floats, while water at temperatures just above freezing sinks.

MAGGOTS

True, maggots can be associated with harmful pathogens. The frequency of disease or illness is about the same as washed fresh fruit and vegetables. Casu marzu Italian cheese may be described as a fermented Pecorino cheese, it’s actually decomposing. It’s said that the cheese is safe to eat as long as the maggots are still living. Eating maggots poses a few risks of which you need to be aware. I believe it was you (or someone on this thread mentioned Myiasis). Myiasis is an infection that occurs when maggots infest and feed on the living tissue of animals or humans. It’s most common in tropical and subtropical counties. You're in luck, no, zero, nada cases reported in Europe or N. America.

I too have a cultural bias AGAINST eating maggots however my position is not supported by the DATA. Lastly the do survive longer when  they are allowed to increase their metabolism before dying. Don't ask me whether fishing is better or worse with live half alive or dead maggots. I ain't jacking with maggots to catch diseased fish

Phone

1 minute ago, Phone said:

The bottom never freezes

The coldest it can be at the bottom is 3.98 degrees C because at that temperature water is at its most dense.

Chesters has yet to explain how long it takes for the 37 degree C maggot from his mouth takes to reach the ambient temperature of the water or for how long it will wiggle for.

Chesters is like those religious types. Full of assertions, p!ss poor when it comes to the burden of proof.

You might swallow his maggot infested BS, not me.

CORY,

SUPPOSE Chesters1 said, and he will, it's 50/50 the sun will rise?

SINCE water is densest as you so state (I always use 39 f in small talk). AND any logic you choose to use the ambient temperature will be achieved at a slower pace from his mouth - even if it is micro-seconds

Phone

I said the coldest recorded temperature of freshwater in the uk was 1.8c

Its 50/50 i am wrong mostly because i didnt whitness it myself so depending on others telling the truth ,so its 50/50 i am lying or they are or 50/50 i am telling the truth because they are

Cory is like those religious types they believe anything someone they believe is superior to themselves say without actually checking for themselves ,no doubt any "fact" from NASA will have the tissue box out and the hand down the tousers yet theres not one thing he can do to check what they say is true ,his hubble doesnt exist ,his explorer 1 doesnt exist his belief solely depends on their evidence

I think the last time you called me out and suddenlt went silent because you were wrong was also about temperature the time before about government giving 25p in every £ to charities amongst other things you declared were rubbish on the topic which also resulted in silence ,not even man enough to admit you were wrong it seems.

I have warmed maggots in my mouth and fished with them they have had minute wriggles after 10 ish minutes of submersion in a pond with ice on it unlike their counterparts lying in sub zero temps in the maggot box ,,i didnt have a stop watch nor did i have a thermometer but it doesnt change the fact,just because you dont believe it is immaterial

Perhaps a kindly soul will prove either way in the winter ,i will happily not believe him if its shown the maggot immediatly goes to sleep and doesnt wriggle

You should all embrace 50/50 just because the green man flashes on a crossing gives you the impression its safe does not mean some drunk or idiot wont come down the road and kill you ,50/50 means you never believe anything others (the green man) say and check for yourself ,you will get to the other side alive or you wont gives you the incentive to think more before crossing ,50/50 is everywhere why try to put different odds on something and find its wrong ? You cannot predict the future you only get 50/50 on the present!

Cavil away cory its 50/50 you will!

Edited by chesters1

I will let you cavil the thread above and get back to the 50/50

Predict how long you will live ,you can use the most powerful computer on earth and it will come out with some big number , write it down and suddenly an aeroplane could crash through your roof or a car could careen through your wall and kill you you are trying to predict the unpredictable !

50/50 on anything with 2 outcomes is always correct ,one thing happens or it does not ,it could be not a 1000 times but one day the opposite will happen .Far easier far more reliable and everytime you wake up the next morning you can rejoice because one day you wont! No need for computers and its ludicrous attempt at predicting and unpredictable even ,just use 50/50 it may (or may not) save your life

A 1,000 people will walk out today and not come home it doesnt matter what odds say they will ,they will walk out and come home or they wont ! Its simple

50/50 isnt odds of the future its outcomes of reality! Your not predicting what may happen its what will happen (or not!)

50/50 this will be cavilled but is that just not excepting it or dismissing it out of hand because it bumps against what you believe ? Will i get my calculator out or just say it will be or will not be ,you see far easier!

Edited by chesters1