Have we all gone a bit soft compared to yesterday’s Angler?

BoldBear

50/50 shes stunning but gay

Nature is cruel ,my old man said my mum kept asking why my dad wasnt rock hudson ,turns out lucky he wasnt or my mum wouldnt be lol

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

15 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Yes you can try that if you wish but warmed up maggots wriggle longer than ones comatose in the coldness of your bait box

I am not prepared to buy two and walk to your city and wait for them to go to sleep in your fridge then prove it unfortunately

I don't fish in the cold months these day but when I did I/We always kept them in a cloth Maggot bag which, when worn around ones neck kept the warm & wriggly being next to your warm clothing & body, Same applied all year round as most of trotting involves standing up nearly all day & not bending down to a bait box to get at them.

I'm guessing Tigger uses Maggot Bags??

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Pretty unknown in my fishing life ,nearest you got was keeping a baccy tin in your pocket with some in but you got them really wriggling in your mouth ,just the one as your reeled in to re bait ,you dont expect me to put a used one in yuk! Lol

Match anglers had bait aprons but i gave up match fishing when you still sat on creels ,standing up was a bit strange and probably tut tutted at almost as criminal as breaking the water!

The river i fished in the 60's was the medway at maidstone you couldnt go in it unless you had a boat so you treated it like a moving canal ,you set up your gear had your bait in bait boxes so the robin could nick some in the winter and by dinnertime your maggots had gone to sleep because the air was far colder than the river.you had a box of "ready to use" ones in an inside pocket that were half awake and you topped it up as you run down ,you took a maggot popped it in your mouth and used a few more to chuck in when you cast then you topped it up and stuck it in your pocket until you rebaited

Why would people even keep them warm if they went stiff as a stick hitting the water?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 12:02 PM, Martin56 said:

I don't fish in the cold months these day but when I did I/We always kept them in a cloth Maggot bag which, when worn around ones neck kept the warm & wriggly being next to your warm clothing & body, Same applied all year round as most of trotting involves standing up nearly all day & not bending down to a bait box to get at them.

I'm guessing Tigger uses Maggot Bags??

I'm guessing that there is not a one of you that does not seem to get that keeping maggots warm is a waste of time. The maggot is going to be at the same temperature of the water in seconds.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

3 hours ago, corydoras said:

I'm guessing that there is not a one of you that does not seem to get that keeping maggots warm is a waste of time. The maggot is going to be at the same temperature of the water in seconds.

And in those few seconds is when you get a bite hopefully ?

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

13 hours ago, wotnobivvy said:

And in those few seconds is when you get a bite hopefully ?

Frozen dead reds often sort out the better fish whereas live ones can have a tendency to attract the sprats & be bitted out IMHO.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

10 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Frozen dead reds often sort out the better fish whereas live ones can have a tendency to attract the sprats & be bitted out IMHO.

I think it is all in the mind. If you had kept some maggots in your gob all day wouldn't you think it had been worthwhile? I wonder what they didi to try to prove thier pet theory wrong?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Why would you keep them in all day? Just a minute or two brings them into life.

You keep some in a tin in your pocket (or bag if your from the north?!) To keep them from freezing ,use the stiff ones in your bait box  as loose feed  and the one you put in your mouth as bait

Silly person if you had a mouthfull where would you store the rest of the  worms!?! You only have 2 ears so space is limited ,the aluminium cigar tube up your butt keeps some groundbait from freezing solid but orifices are limited!

Mind you i expect theres fox labled usb powered maggot warmers about today ?

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 2

On 6/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, chesters1 said:

Mind you i expect theres fox labled usb powered maggot warmers about today

I suppose people are as many gullible people today that will beleive any old sh!t as there were in the past.