I'm Fishing Tomorrow

Martin56

Congrats on your new PB Martin ?, did you enjoy playing that Carp on your centrepin?

Keith

• Thanks 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

19 minutes ago, BoldBear said:

Congrats on your new PB Martin ?, did you enjoy playing that Carp on your centrepin?

Keith

Yes Keith - Thanks, Loved the feel of letting it go when it wanted to on a reel (a Grice & Young) maybe getting on for MY age 63.

I've 3 G & Y's including this, one (if not all) of which are almost certainly from the 1950's era & they all still fish & cast very well indeed.

Martin.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

On 7/17/2020 at 7:21 AM, Cameraman said:

Nice to have a good fish on a pin?

Yes Andy - including 60 odd year old workhorse reels which can still do a job.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

I'm fishing again this Wed' - same venue (Kippax Park) but will try a different peg/lake this time.

Same tactics down the edge with the Pin & maybe a feeder. I don't find the Pole all that much pleasure!! (effective as it can be in matches)

4 hours ago, Martin56 said:

I don't find the Pole all that much pleasure!! (effective as it can be in matches)

Yeah me too, I'd rather fish any other method than pole or whip. Just no pleasure in it for me.

• Like 1
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Tried using poles in the 70's ( shaky fiberglass heavy things) theres something missing using one! I think its a reel .

The idea just feels wrong and far to complicated pulling bits off and putting bits on and letting fish go where they want incase you snapped the line ,just no relaxation for me .

Fishing to me puts catching fish way down the list, blanking doesnt bother me so i dont try very hard and pole fishing (to me) seems like putting more effort in .

There has been times i have gone fishing and not fished at all !just chatting or sitting by the water is good enough .I spent to much time as a youth really trying and toting far to much gear on trains and buses fishing trying to catch fish or get bigger fish and didnt really on reflection  get much enjoyment at all half the time .

Now i just walk down the river a 100 yards away any time i want ,**** about with old gear catch **** all and i am happy

I had a wander at dusk last night ,still not a sign of a fish not even a trout ,i suspect the EA have been electro fishing the stretch again ,for fish they declare belong to no-one they sure think they are theirs ,saying that theres not even a trout and they of all things crazy put back!  Inferring as they are stocked by the fluff chuckers upstream they suddenly belong to someone ,you cant have it both ways if i stocked a few hundred course fish the EA would not consider them mine by any score!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Pin & a Porkie is REAL pleasure fishin'!!! :icecream:.

Still The best fun ya' can 'ave wi' ya' clothes on!!!!

Edited by Martin56