I'm Fishing Tomorrow

Martin56

Not much to report from yesterday - a couple of unremarkable carp & a few skimmers.

A nice day out all the same + gets one away from the wife for a few hours lol. (& her away from Me no doubt)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

7 hours ago, Phone said:

MARTIN,

Social distancing has become about 10 km at my house. I'll be glad when  there is some normalcy - whatever that means

Phone

Where we ever normal whatever that means to start with?

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

I am social distancing the field the river is in at the moment ,a deer has had 2 fawns which is really late ,still in spots so not very old.

Whilst the fawns will lie absolutely still if someone approaches and not appear  to remember if i scare the mum over the river (its very shallow in places)  she may not return if she jumps the fence further up ,which is 3 strands in the middle section but netting at the ends and along the road.

Deer despite being good jumpers almost always try and push through a fence ,i suppose its safer, if they jump and break one of those spindly legs its a death sentence.

When the hunt used to go down past the pond you often seen deer fly past ,one hit a netting fence so hard it broke a post ,by the time i got to it it had recovered and gone ,wire fences here are plain wire rather than barbed wire its all horses and we cant have then getting nasty scratches can we ,deer just wriggle through .On thinking i have never seen one jump a fence all have tried going straight through it if they cannot they bolt along it

.luckily this field is rarely cut its not unknown fawns being chopped up by grass cutters cutting hay .The old guy i used to help at the local farm brought one home once ,kept it in a big pen and it was tame enough for kids to play with ,once it was a few years old it matured and attacked him and he spent time in hospital then had to shoot the thing and explain to his kids!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm guessing the deer are fallow?

Strange how the fell'a shot it for attacking him, they're only little things when you get up to 'em.  If it was tame it prolly wanted a bit of sparring, as they wpild do with other deer.  I used to have fights with some very large goats with long horns....it was a laugh!

I bet that was just an excuse to eat it lol.

Little with big pointy hats! Lol

c80kg has a lot of weight behind it ,i was beaten up by a sheep once it bloody hurt!

More recently a mini ram (some modern breed so short its balls rubbed the ground) found pushing me over (not butting just pushing) as i knelt to dig holes very amusing and i tried and failed to push him backwards and i am 22 stone ! I gave up and went in another field ,my second method of persuasion beating him with my spade would not have gone down well with the land owner.

I even tried bribes a kilo of carrots ,chucked one by one as he approached backfired from then on he started butting when i ran out or didnt bring any!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The wife's really glad I'm fishing again tomorrow - if we we were younger I'd be thinking she was having an affair!! 

At 63 & 65 respectively - Saves me a Job!! :thumbs:

• Haha 2

Well peeps, third Wednesday on the trot fishing again with Trevor (86) Decent weather & hopeful of getting some fish!!

We started fishing about 9 o'clock & Trevor got one more or less first chuck on the pole, a low double we reckoned.

Then a few skimmers for him followed by 3 or 4 more carp about the same stamp as his first. Yes it was all about Trevor at first!!!!! :fishing:

I was looking like being waterlicked - Then about 3:30 the Porkie disappeared down the edge & I was rewarded with a very nice common of about 12 Lb.

It took me over to the other side of the Lake 2 or 3 times on the Pin, then into the next peg. Forgot to photo' that one. :cry:

Half an hour later I was into another much bigger one - got a picture this time. :thumbs: Hook fell out in the Net!!

A New PB again & on the Pin -  reckon it's kicking 18??  Must remember my scales in future. So, just 2 for me today but still well worth the day out.

DSCN1980.JPG

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

here's one of our baby - the Rat's Nemesis!! ? (except she's Black & she matters)

001.JPG

001.JPG

Edited by Martin56

That said - She's had her ears Boxed by a neighbours large pet rabbit & one or 2 not so good experiences with Magpies!!