350 Billion Dollars re Covid-19

Martin56

Just print more money - won't make any difference to my £6 fishing this Wednesday!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

You must be rich in Wakey & Leeds.

£5.00 for 2 rods at a private lake I've found, or £3.40 at my local Dam Flask.

20200721_065146.jpg

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Two rods would be OK on Buzzers, otherwise I couldn't cope, relax or concentrate these days.

• Haha 1

Martin,

Well spoken - bravo. It was probably somewhere about the mid-eighties', perhaps a smidgen later I reduced myself to a single rod. Circumstances are quite different on my side of the penny. With the abundance of prey i pretty much abandon chumming also. I use the word chumming because for 50 odd years I still do not understand "ground bait".  I won't enter the  the debate whether you are referring to composition and texture - or - if it relies on the final destination of the substance (on the ground at the bottom of a specific area). 

I've come to the conclusion for carp I only need one bait - never owned an unhooking mat- but I did break down and buy a very nice net. Thus, it turns out you need a suitable rod some sort of reel with a stretch of mono line, a chair and a pint of that just one bait.

It is my custom, in the later years of my fishing career  that my equipment have a very high "show-off" quality but frankly I don't believe it helped me catch a single dam fish. When I traveled here in the US used A COMBINATION UGLY STIK AND ZEBCO SPINCAST ($36). And I never used one twice. I would always find a local kid to give it to. There was a reason. In the vast regions of the US I fished disease and harmful invasive critters was a possibility (whorling disease, KV (? - the carp viru,s), shell fish, cray fish, parasites - the list goes on and on. It simply wasn't worth the risk introducing something new

B I N G O - I'm fishing

Phone

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Two rods would be OK on Buzzers, otherwise I couldn't cope, relax or concentrate these days.

If I'm catching its one rod, if I'm sat sitting and wishing and hoping it's two.

Often I can put two rods out, then just sit back and enjoy the piece and quiet that fishing gives me.

I bought a new armchair this year, probably one of the best purchase I ever made.

20200722_075221.jpg

Cheers Andy, I've just started using a chair - Identical to the one above. Just need to sort how to attach the brolly.

I've an "Offbox" brolly adaptor & thinking Cable Ties?? or maybe drilling & bolts.

Martin,

Before you start drilling consider a couple problems I've experienced. These chairs are no match for even a large umbrella in a gentle breeze. I've "only ever" (that's BRITISH ENGLISH) lost one to the elements. BE SURE you consider your swimming stamina when you modify it into a parachute.

Phone

7 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Cheers Andy, I've just started using a chair - Identical to the one above. Just need to sort how to attach the brolly.

I've an "Offbox" brolly adaptor & thinking Cable Ties?? or maybe drilling & bolts.

I'll put you a picture up later of a bracket that's ideal for the job,can't remember what they call it, so you'll have to search. I'd do it now but just come in from taking car for service MOT and need to put my feet up.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Phone said:

Martin, BE SURE you consider your swimming stamina when you modify it into a parachute.

Phone

Yes, thanks for that Phone but it will be pegged down with the Guy ropes & it'll only be up when I'm sat in the chair. (I'll drop it down when I have to get up)

• Like 1