EHH?

chesters1

Just had a letter from Imperial college london ,asking if i would take part in a covid antibody test research study (why me i dont know them)

Anyway they send you a kit and you send it back.(on rereading you send the details back obviously with something that identifies you so they know its been done)

Noted down the page the strange bit

"Its not 100% accurate at an individual level"

ERR what use is it then ,it will only get less accurate the more people that take place

"How did we get your name ?"" It was chosen at random from a list of patients registered with gp's" !

So much for this idea your details are never shared ,i opted out of such things obviously opting out means nothing .

It seems to get round the problem of identification "you" take the test then "you" pass on the results to the researcher (and MORI) seemingly oblivious they already singled me out by name and address showing they dont give a crap about Data safety.

Further down it says

"Imperial college may link the results to other health information the NHS hold about you"

So its not only the adress (despite telling the NHS not to share my details by opting out of holding online records) they will have no problem telling strangers every bit of info they hold on a person .

It says in bold imp college "keep your contact details confidential"

Yes i bet you do just like the NHS did!

Bloody cheek

PS most "personal" info stored is usually accompanied with "interested third parties" in general it means everyone and anyone ,you might as well tell the world every detail about yourself because you can bet behind the scenes its sold or just given away to anyone that wants it

Just looked up ipsos ,strangely illegal as you cannot opt out of cookies and no information on "who we are" telling who they are ! (Besides a worldwide research org)

Not having taken part so not seeing what information is passed on by joining as its a company i see it as a sophisticated scam parting you from information you really shouldnt be sharing with strangers especially one which i will bet will have somewhere in very small writing 'interested third parties' hidden away on page 43 of the contract given them the right to flog it to every tom dick and harry on the planet and all they do is send a worthless pin prick device and data mine you playing on the hope you have or have not a disease

It reminds me of a crude scam the council once used posing a few questions (i cannot remember what they were) the usual we wont be able to identify you nonsense was highlighted ,part truth the letter was sent to "the occupier" but ant the bottom if the form was a number at the end of the usual print section found on bulk printed ducuments .That was the identifier  and they proved it by sending 2 more documents asking why the previous ones were not returned! If it didnt identify  me how did they know i didn't respond!

Update it gets more laughable its not anything to do with covid its research on how easy it is to use the pin prick device ,commercial research?

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/research-and-impact/groups/react-study/faqs/

"At the moment we don’t know how reliable these tests are and so the study is only looking at how easy the tests are to use, not the results of the test."

Lots of people will be fooled into thinking its going to show you have had covid if its 'negative' and perhaps return to work and pass it on if its a false negative?? or positive? Or stay home and report to work you may have it (if it shows positive) and put everyone who has been near you in isolation ,just to see if a device is easy to use

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Keep well clear Dave (Just send ME all your Pin numbers!!) :ph34r:

Just to make sure you're safe - they've some front!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Chesters1,

we have an outfit, international review board (IRB) abd research involving human subjects is WELL regulated.

just so you know the enforcement division is headed by an independently wealthy chap - "UNCLE GUIDO"

phone

They want your DNA, Dave. It’s a trap. They know about that box of splitshot you ran out of the shop with in 1951. ?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

8 hours ago, Elton said:

They want your DNA, Dave. It’s a trap. They know about that box of splitshot you ran out of the shop with in 1951. ?

It was worth nicking i am still using it! Well worth the effort of growing a beard at 7 to not look like the wanted posters

• Haha 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, wotnobivvy said:

Cant use all the split shot as it will be made lead !!

The fish never knew

• Haha 1