Hello, newbie (old fart) here.

Blackbird1

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bbird1,

Well, right out of the box - you expect confessions. OK on the rarest occasion I MIGHT share a spot of lunch with the fish. I bet I haven't used half a slice in my entire 80+ years for bait. FRANKLY, SPAM, in it's 40 odd flavors is not a popular bait selection. Maybe 1% of the meat crowd.

I'LL have a look about for the garlic for you.

image.jpeg.d14f3f9987498f0edbb679b4e7a920f0.jpeg

THESE ARE THE PLAIN GARLIC  AND BELOW ARE THE SEASONAL SPECIALTIES

image.jpeg.4b943f606ceee197a4131fa618a59e3d.jpeg

THIS KIND OF CAUGHT MY EYE

image.jpeg.70af61e4100fcf1ee8c2aef2e64aa1e1.jpeg

PHONE

• Like 1

You tease Phone... ?. I know that sort of stuff is not popular over there, but I guess Catfish and the like would go for it? Generally Spam is considered a 'poor' mans choice here, there is a stigma about buying it, and even I have to explain to the checkout that 'it's for the fish' which probably marks me down as more of a nutter than they already thought. One of my son's has a liking for it so stock dwindles pretty quick.

Don't  know much about shipping costs but I imagine it would not be worthwhile, but I can at least investigate, thinking about  I did a few years back, and it was just too much, but will look again. 

Tins of Garlic Spam go for 10 x  the original cost, so we really could be Spammers in the truest sense.?

On 7/29/2020 at 1:19 AM, Phone said:

however Phone is pretty much an expert on all things fishing

And if you don’t believe that just ask phone!

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hi Blackbird welcome (or welcome back) to the forum. :thumbs:

Whereabouts in the UK do you do your Barbel fishing?

As you’ve probably realised there are a few other anglers on here that regularly fish for Beards and Chevins as well, so your in good company ?

As for meat; I still have six cans of this left over from when my local Morrison’s sold it a year ago, and the Barbel and Chub in my local stream just love it ? and when it’s gone It will be sorely missed ?

IMG-0176.jpg

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Hello Bear, I am Gloucestershire Worcester borders so lots to go at....only thing is like everywhere else Barbel are slow in showing up this summer...so far. But patience is key Autumn is my sort of time. For me meat is a a great bait, in any conditions, especially when they are a bit picky, due to a lot of naturals the gorge on, a large piece of meat can often tempt them into thinking...bugger forget the diet, just once won't hurt.?

But the impact on those Winter floods are unknown, hopefully it might just be that they are spawning again, or something more sinister, hope not.

Been eyeing the float rods, probably will give me a new lease of life. 

I like the flavoured meat, but tbh find meat straight out of the tin, original flavour to be excellent, but for me it has to be fresh, with all the smell.

Good luck, and keep at it, you know what your doing anyway.

• Like 1

Hello Mr Blackbird, welcome to the forum, there's still a few of us post on AN, fingers crossed it does pick up in future and we get some more members like yourself coming aboard.

Look forward to reading your posts and catch reports if you get out :).

• Like 1