This is the reason there should be no death penalty.

corydoras

7 hours ago, Phone said:

Cory,

You do not seem able to view the inevitable constitution of human nature. We do not, never did, elevate morality to the dignity of a first principle and that morality differs in different societies.

When you’re having a nip or two you always address what you think is “morally good”.  YOU'VE  always preferred to to tell us, "what is morally good," rather than "what  is habitual,". But historically the two phrases are synonymous. MORALS ARE HABITS

YOU NEED TO GET A NEW SONG WRITER, MAYBE RELIGION

Phone

I don't drink and I don't give a hoot for your habits.

• Thanks 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

CORY,

SO, you are contending capital punishment is only a function of the state.

Are immediate retribution and vigilante justice by the aggrieved "mother" permissible? The child was raped once. She has sought justice by shooting

both men. Justified homicide is capital punishment. Is that a satisfactory solution.

phone

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

But I won't kill him. Big difference.

When was the last time you did a bit of fishing or posted anything worthwhile of a decent reply??

There are other sites you could use to post the shite you put on here!!!!!!!

Sorry John S - but this has to be said.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

2 hours ago, Martin56 said:

When was the last time you did a bit of fishing or posted anything worthwhile of a decent reply??

There are other sites you could use to post the shite you put on here!!!!!!!

Sorry John S - but this has to be said.

When are you going to post your thesis justifying executing innocent people?

I was fishing last week. I am only a ten minutes walk from the Itchin.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Blimey, this is weird!

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

1 hour ago, corydoras said:
I was fishing last week. I am only a ten minutes walk from the Itchin.

And my Granny is in the Gurkha Rifles (excused boots) and my Grandfather is in the Parachute Regiment (excused jumps).

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Eeek i'm gonna go all Guardian reader and say I can see where Cory is coming from. I don't have passionate views either way regarding the death penalty, but it does make me feel uncomfortable knowing an innocent man could be executed. Terrorists, mass murderers, serial killers, psychopathic killers who get enjoyment from killing and child murderers are fair game....aslong as they admit to their crimes or there is irrefutable evidence against them. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.”

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Haha 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.