Fishing camera

Ken L

Good at dusk something that unfortunately few cameras especially phone ones can do without the flash scaring off everything within 50 yards.

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Good at dusk something that unfortunately few cameras especially phone ones can do without the flash scaring off everything within 50 yards.

OH Dear, come on Chesters, are you saying that Martin is an indiscriminate flasher, just flashing all over the place?

Surely he would be posting reviews up about long  Macintosh Coats. Just saying.

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

If I WASN'T to lazy and thought I could understand what I was looking at again I'd go to the basement and drag out stuff from the 60's .

Isn't  ISO simply a camera setting that will brighten or darken and can help you capture images in darker environments, or be more flexible about your aperture and shutter speed settings.? (I REMEMBER when the F8 barrier was broken. Just can' remember what the F8 stood for)

I remember the lens my great grandchildren NOW use to burn ants was a Leica (sp) that cost a small fortune at the time. I have intended to gift all to a photography school. Just haven't done it.  My last new body was a MINOLTA (?SP). Are they still in business?

PHONE

19 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

OH Dear, come on Chesters, are you saying that Martin is an indiscriminate flasher, just flashing all over the place?

Surely he would be posting reviews up about long  Macintosh Coats. Just saying.

Not forgetting a bag of Sweeties !!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

If i were a modern snowflake SJW tosser and general prick i would sue the lot of you for mentioning mackintoshes and claim millions for ptsd ,stress and other unprovable  'medical' conditions as when i was a youth i learned first hand what pedos were (one had a macintosh!)fishing at keston ponds

Luckily i am not so go ahead lol

pS what are the sweets?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

23 hours ago, Phone said:

Isn't  ISO simply a camera setting

It is with a digital camera, but if you still use a film camera you buy the film at whatever ISO speed you want/need.

I used to use ISO100 film in summer and ISO 400 film in winter. Fortunately digital camera are much better at dealing with high ISOs, the old ISO 400 film would usually produce a very *grainy* pic. My current DSLR, a Canon 80D can handle ISO settings way over 400 without a pic being grainy, and of course there is digital software to deal with a bit of graininess anyway.

I was astonished when a mate in India (He's sort of well known in Bollywood so money wasn't an issue when buying a new camera) took a photo of me and a girlfriend in a bar at night with no flash at all and it came out perfectly. Modern CCDs are astonishingly sensitive.

Anyway, this started out as a simple note to suggest that remarkably good used point and shoot cameras can now be had for the price of a round of drinks and that they are ideal for the fishing bag. Ho-hum!

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, Martin56 said:

OK, so all hail to the Gospel of corydoras - Nikon, who are a world leading, or certainly competing photographic company - Can't even emblazon the CORRECT Camera Spec' on their product!!

It's been a few years now since the "Japs" got it wrong!!

Is it the S210 coolpix ? as this has a 8mp sensor and an iso range up to 2000 (although photos taken at this iso will probably be grainy as hell) .

iso 2000 isn't that high for a half decent modern digital my 7d came out in 2009 and will go up to iso12800 and the mark 2 (released in 2014) will go up to iso51200.

if you really want to push it the 1dx mk3 will go as high as iso819,200 in H3 custom function but will cost you about £6500 without any lenses.

Edited by snakey1

My bridge camera goes from 100 - 12800 but it never goes out of auto  if i had a fishing camera i would use my cheap phone but i have ever only taken one picture of a fish ,my sons first tench and that camera is long gone it was an instamatic or something lol

It annoys me fewer and fewer cameras use AA batteries now you cannot just chuck them in a vacuum seal bag for a year with a set of batteries you have to plan ahead grrr

Edited by chesters1